Forums
Posted By: Anonymous anyone visiting giant spectacular in liverpool ? - 19th Apr 2012 9:01pm
thought id mention on here theres a theatre type show going on over in liverpool over next few days ...

website is here www.giantspectacular.com
all the
route info and times are on there ,and will be great for the kids watching a giant 30ft little girl puppet walking through the streets of liverpool

will be similar to the mechanical spider if anyone remembers that ???

spoiler alert if you plan on taking the kids dont watch vide link posted below as will ruin it for them .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBXr15K2uSc

imagine it will be similar
I known about it for a couple of days, and will definitely be going over to see it....looks amazing!!
Certainly will not be missing this, because I missed the spider when it was in Liverpool boohoo
Posted By: Anonymous Re: anyone visiting giant spectacular in liverpool ? - 20th Apr 2012 7:39am
i saw a clip on youtube when the theatre was in chile with the 2 puppets and 50 million people turned up to see it lol...........
looks good though and my kids want to see it too
Well i`ll be going how fantastic is that ,very impressed
I found the times of this event. Thought it might be helpful. Click the link below smile

Link
we,ll be going tomorrow,my other half works in the new building at Mann Island overlooking the Albert dock & they watched the diver comming out of the dock.
This puppet just amazes me,so life like even its eyes move.
Never seen anything like this before so I'm looking forward to watching it in Liverpool.
On Sunday both giants leave Liverpool Albert Dock at 12.45 and head down the River Mersey to finish at 2pm - should make great photos.
The maps for all 3 days are here if anyone (like me) isn't sure where all the streets are:

Click Me.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: anyone visiting giant spectacular in liverpool ? - 20th Apr 2012 6:05pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-17787778
im taking the little uns over tomorrow, canna wait
Took my grand-daughter yesterday, after school. We had a great spec on the Strand. The highlight of the parade was when the Giant Little Girl's giant dog cocked his leg against the traffic lights and peed. All the kids went into hysterics. If anyone does go to see this fantastic event please take note of the amazing work of the puppeteers' skills. Just hope that the weather holds up over the weekend.
Saw a clip of this on TV yesterday. Looks great.
You can see the strings thumbsdown
You mean it`s not real lol
I went over yesterday afternoon for a quick look. Quite impressive.
We went this morning, excellent spectacle
i went today and it's amazing! going again tomorrow,want to see them go down the river.
believe they have just meet up owww bless smile

Attached picture retr.jpg
Awww.
aawww, thought they might of met tomorrow! still going tomorrow tho'!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: anyone visiting giant spectacular in liverpool ? - 21st Apr 2012 7:55pm
well just got back today myself from going with the misses and kids , been a great day but now very tired as been there all day hahha...

kids loved it and if honest was very impressed myself ,great free spectacle and as said earlier puppeteers were excellent too ..

kudos to liverpool council for a great event well organized as was soooooo busy , so if you plan on going tomorrow get the relevant maps and get there early for a good spot !!!!

and lol @ whoever it was said they could see the strings hahahah

its certainly a spectacle watching a 50ft diver in full gear walking down renshaw street thats for sure ....

if you havnt been and have kids take them you and the kids wont be disapointed thats for sure .

and loved the little girls dance when she met her uncle at kings parade
© Wirral-Wikiwirral