Forums
Posted By: Tina21 Wirral show - 4th Apr 2012 8:06pm
Hi all, can anyone tell me if the wirral show is back this year. cool I was told by a mate it was, but can't find any news about it, confused my family loved goin every year,and would love it back grin ,cos the was somethin for everyone. blush
Posted By: j_demo Re: Wirral show - 4th Apr 2012 8:10pm
it's off, the year before last i believe was the very last one
Posted By: Tina21 Re: Wirral show - 4th Apr 2012 8:23pm
oh ok will just take,the kids on the prom, for chips, sun (HAHAHA)and ice-cream. Then home for bath and bed in the summer holl's
Posted By: nidgynoo Re: Wirral show - 4th Apr 2012 9:21pm
I thought Morrisons would sponsor/organise it at some point..would make sense after all the bad press they have had over the new store. Didn't the previous organisers pull out because it got to big?? or was it due to all the redevelopment in reality..just a thought. Anyway I wish it did come back...
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: Wirral show - 4th Apr 2012 9:25pm
all other events are still happening like rally cars, circus and me dog walking. i dont have a dog, i just walk like one
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Wirral show - 4th Apr 2012 10:24pm
Port Sunlight usually has a big village festival in summer, which won 'Event of the Year' at the Wirral Tourism Awards last night. Easy to get to by train, lots of fun. Not exactly teh Wirral Show, I grant you, but might be worth a visit.

http://www.visitwirral.com/whats-on/port-sunlight-summer-festival-p75091
Posted By: little_pob Re: Wirral show - 5th Apr 2012 9:54am
Originally Posted by nidgynoo
... Didn't the previous organisers pull out because it got to big?? or was it due to all the redevelopment in reality...
Several factors; too big, Wallasey Round Table closed, Council couldn't afford to take over from Wallasey Lions Club and Rotary Club of Wallasey. More: http://www.wirralnews.co.uk/wirral-...25347860&siteid=80491-name_page.html
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Wirral show - 5th Apr 2012 10:06pm
Wirral show was starting to go down hill I thought

Years ago it seemed much better

Shame tho
© Wirral-Wikiwirral