Forums
Posted By: Tilly Barks in the Park....Dog Show. - 23rd Mar 2012 8:26pm
Barks in the Park May 27th 2012

Following the success of the 2011 Rally, in which we raised a massive £1,500 for our charitable donations, we are holding another!
We have two massive Dog shows running alongside each other, the Companion Dog Show covers every breed and non breed, there are classes for everybody from the breed classes through to Novelty and plenty for the kids to get involved with.

The German Shepherd Rally is a WALCSS ( White and long coated German Shepherd Society) show and we hope to see many, many GSDs strutting their stuff in the ring.

The show will take place on the Arbour field of Arrowe Park, which is situated behind the hospital. The entrance to the show is situated on Arrowe Brook Road and visitors arriving in cars, are asked to follow the traffic attendants directions to drive through the park for ringside parking at the show.

The show host is Designer Dogs Grooming Studio, Wallasey,
0151 638 6554,
please ask for Ann Ridyard ~ show organiser.

http://www.designerdogrally.co.uk/index.php?page=schedule
Posted By: Lightning Re: Barks in the Park....Dog Show. - 24th Mar 2012 3:41pm
Was a good turnout last year Tilly,
Hope its the same this year thumbsup
Posted By: Tilly Re: Barks in the Park....Dog Show. - 24th Mar 2012 5:01pm
Originally Posted by Lightning

Last year was brilliant happy did you go Lightning?

This year is gonna be a lot better I promise yes and...... we will have toilets so no need to go in the bushes
shocked
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Barks in the Park....Dog Show. - 25th Mar 2012 10:07am
Good Luck Tilly, hope you raise lots!
Posted By: Tilly Re: Barks in the Park....Dog Show. - 25th Mar 2012 1:07pm
grin Thanks Bezzy x
Posted By: Lightning Re: Barks in the Park....Dog Show. - 25th Mar 2012 2:29pm
Originally Posted by Tilly
Originally Posted by Lightning

Last year was brilliant happy did you go Lightning?

This year is gonna be a lot better I promise yes and...... we will have toilets so no need to go in the bushes
shocked
No i didn t make it but read the updates on here.
would like to go this time even to help out.
Do you have to pay for a pee then, if you can t do it in the bushes???? laugh
Posted By: Tilly Re: Barks in the Park....Dog Show. - 13th Apr 2012 11:50am
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tilly Re: Barks in the Park....Dog Show. - 21st May 2012 9:08pm
Dont forget the dog show on Sunday. if you have a Birkenhead Pound dog, the fundraisers would love you to take yours along for a special walk around the ring...
Posted By: GraemeStorey Re: Barks in the Park....Dog Show. - 22nd May 2012 11:52am
Ill be there, i best be im running the agility for the show cant wait!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Barks in the Park....Dog Show. - 22nd May 2012 1:19pm
Dont forget the dog show on Sunday. if you have a Birkenhead Pound dog, the fundraisers would love you to take yours along for a special walk around the ring...
aw thats lovely. Heartwarming. smile
Posted By: alann Re: Barks in the Park....Dog Show. - 22nd May 2012 2:50pm
Hope the weather stays like this, would love to take our GSD, but she's not too good around other dogs, bit of nervous aggression, she's had it since we adopted her,but she's slowly getting better
Posted By: Tilly Re: Barks in the Park....Dog Show. - 22nd May 2012 10:38pm
Originally Posted by GraemeStorey
Ill be there, i best be im running the agility for the show cant wait!

Look forward to seeing you there Graeme thumbsup

Originally Posted by alann
Hope the weather stays like this, would love to take our GSD, but she's not too good around other dogs, bit of nervous aggression, she's had it since we adopted her,but she's slowly getting better

Alan..take her with you, there will be people there that can advise you on how to work on the nervous aggression yes
Posted By: Tilly Re: Barks in the Park....Dog Show. - 22nd May 2012 10:40pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
aw thats lovely. Heartwarming. smile

Hi Rude..can you remember the name of the member on here that adopted the Akita from the pound?
Posted By: starakita Re: Barks in the Park....Dog Show. - 26th May 2012 8:51pm
just seen this it was me who adopted the akita were going for the pound dogs event just hope the weather isnt going to be too hot for her she's not enjoying this hot weather but were making sure we have plenty of water with us.we want to show not all akitas are bad.
Posted By: flybynight Re: Barks in the Park....Dog Show. - 27th May 2012 6:21am
I will be there ,with my little slightly over weight (she on a diet now ) Border terrier named Ruby.Should be a good day.
Posted By: Tilly Re: Barks in the Park....Dog Show. - 28th May 2012 10:01pm
What a great day it was yesterday..

Barks in the Park dog show raised £2,350 for Canine Health Concern... yipee

Thank you everyone that came to the show..and I would love to see some pics of the day if you have any

Posted By: eggandchips Re: Barks in the Park....Dog Show. - 28th May 2012 10:03pm
well done tilly and all concerned, sorry me and my gang didnt make it
Posted By: starakita Re: Barks in the Park....Dog Show. - 28th May 2012 10:08pm
we were there,we took misty for the pound dogs,unfortunateley a lot went home as it was very hot but misty behaved herself & we had a good day.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Barks in the Park....Dog Show. - 28th May 2012 10:14pm
Glad you had a good day Tilly, would have loved to have brought Neo, but as he hates every other dog on the planet I didn't see it as a good move.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Barks in the Park....Dog Show. - 28th May 2012 10:24pm
Hi Tilly. Fantastic amount of money raised thumbsup
As a constructive critisism my Mum and her rescue dog attended, she did enjoy the day but found, in her opinion, that there were too many classes in a short space of time.
She feels that three arenas would have been better-one, specifically for the 'Fun Rounds' such as 'Prettiest Bitch' and 'Who can avoid the sausage'
I never attended but I thought that you would appreciate feedback, as this Event was wholly successful and obviously want to expand each year!
Well done to Tilly and everybody involved! X
Posted By: Tilly Re: Barks in the Park....Dog Show. - 28th May 2012 10:29pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Hi Tilly. Fantastic amount of money raised thumbsup
As a constructive critisism my Mum and her rescue dog attended, she did enjoy the day but found, in her opinion, that there were too many classes in a short space of time.
She feels that three arenas would have been better-one, specifically for the 'Fun Rounds' such as 'Prettiest Bitch' and 'Who can avoid the sausage'
I never attended but I thought that you would appreciate feedback, as this Event was wholly successful and obviously want to expand each year!
Well done to Tilly and everybody involved! X

thumbsup all feedback greatly appreciated Rude,,I'll pass it on Thanks xx

What a stunning boy you have there Dr bananalove
Posted By: Tilly Re: Barks in the Park....Dog Show. - 28th May 2012 10:55pm

me and my gorgeous Bailey. he came 1st in 'The best Sable longcaoat German Shepherd Dog' and then won 'Best in Show Sable Longcoat Trophy' I'm very proud of him...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Kaos came 1st in best crossbreed yipee he's very shy yes

KAOS
[Linked Image]

Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: Barks in the Park....Dog Show. - 29th May 2012 8:59pm
my sister inlaws huski won.
Odin won 1s prizet puppy 9-12 months second prize working breed and won best puppy in show.
she was made up
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Barks in the Park....Dog Show. - 29th May 2012 9:10pm
Well done to the doggies and their owners. thumbsup
© Wirral-Wikiwirral