Forums
Posted By: Handbag Wirral Environmental Network 'Swap Day' 28th Jan - 24th Jan 2012 12:30am
Hi just got a leaflet for this swap day it's at the Grosvenor Ballroom , Grosvenor Street this Saturday from 10am till 1pm.

The idea is that you bring some good quality household items that you dont want/need any more and you can take something someone else has donated free of charge, on condition that it is for yours and your family's use, not for resale....

NO ELECTRICAL ITEMS!
Foam filled furniture must have fire safety labels.
Only SMALL amounts of good quality clothing.
All items must be in a useable condition....
e.g. tous, books, pictures, crockery, chairs, tables, chest of drawers, bikes, bags offic furniture, sports equipment etc

For more information call 639 2121 (anytime before noon on Friday 27th if it is an large item you need collecting )Large items of furniture can be collected and delived to houses with the CH44 postcode ONLY!
Swap Days are quite an intriguing concept; it's worth going along, you never know what you will come home with. Do take something to contribute to the swapping, though. What you might not want any more could be the very thing someone else is looking for - and it's free! What goes around comes around, as they say.
I use the Freecycle network; not restricted to one day and place.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wirral Environmental Network 'Swap Day' 28th Jan - 26th Jan 2012 11:43am
I use the Freecycle scheme too. I hate seeing unwanted stuff going to landfill. Always have the sneaky feeling sometimes though, that when you give stuff away - it ends up being sold on by that person.

Probably me being cynical!
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wirral Environmental Network 'Swap Day' 28th Jan - 26th Jan 2012 12:04pm
Your not being cynical at all Pinz, the world is full of shysters who take advantage of kindhearted people. The Del boys and second hand shops must love people who give things away.
good point pinz but it is take some thing with you and swap it, i don`t think you can just walk in and take stuff without contributing some thing in the first place. But hey i`d rather them do that than break into sheds and steal stuff to sell on if you know what i mean just my opinion smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wirral Environmental Network 'Swap Day' 28th Jan - 26th Jan 2012 1:48pm
I agree with you gypsyjune. The event at New Brighton is a good idea and is to be applauded. I was actually getting at a "weak link" in the Freecycle nationally run scheme.

I get a list of folk on the local site every day. Under the "Wanted" section, the same names keep coming up regularly. They must have very big houses to kit out - or they're "at it" !!

Hoping the NB event is well suported. Better for folk to go there than into your shed/garden in the wee small hours I guess.
Pinz it`s just a sad state of affairs how ever we try to deal with it they will alway`s be there like tip rats waiting i don`t suppose there`s a lot any one can do about it
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wirral Environmental Network 'Swap Day' 28th Jan - 26th Jan 2012 3:24pm
Sadly, you're right !
© Wirral-Wikiwirral