Forums
Posted By: ActOneWirral Spotlight On Youth 2012 - Auditions - 22nd Jan 2012 12:55am
Auditions announced for Spotlight On Youth 2012

Forget predictable TV talent competitions… the Mayor of Wirral, Cllr Moira McLaughlin, is appealing for local children and young people to appear in the Mayor’s annual charity showcase to help raise funds for her Special Charity Appeal.

The popular children’s variety show, ‘Spotlight On Youth’ makes a welcome return to the Floral Pavilion Theatre, New Brighton on Sunday March 25.

This annual event has been staged in Wirral for nearly 30 years and has showcased the talents of many local youngsters while raising thousands of pounds for local charities.

If you would like to take part in this professionally staged show, open auditions will take place next week at the Civic Hall, Wallasey Town Hall, Brighton Street, on January 24 and 25, between 5pm and 9pm.

Producer, Nick Johnson said: ‘We are looking for young, musicians, singers, dancers, comedians, sketches, bands and more, a wide variety of entertainment acts to gather together to raise funds for worthy causes.

‘If you haven’t auditioned for us before, please come along. You’ll receive a warm welcome and we are very supportive of young artists,’ he said.

Said the Mayor of Wirral, Cllr Moira McLaughlin: ‘During the course of my Mayoral year, I’ve been privileged to see what talented youngsters we have in the borough at first hand and I’m really looking forward to giving them a chance to showcase their talents at the Floral.

‘The event is always a sell-out with a fantastic atmosphere and this year we’re raising money for Age UK Devonshire Centre, St John’s Hospice, Wirral, and Wirral Women and Children’s Aid. Last year, more than £3,500 was raised in one night so it’s a really worthwhile event.’

If you are interested in taking part in ‘Spotlight on Youth 2012,’you can view or download an Information Pack on the website: www.spotlightonyouth.co.uk or contact Sue Carroll on 691 8527.

http://www.youtube.com/actoneproductions
© Wirral-Wikiwirral