Forums
Posted By: Elizabeth Leighton Court Reunion - 21st Nov 2011 12:15am
To anyone old enough to remember Leighton Court in Neston, there is to be a reunion held in Jan / Feb 2012. If interested go to the facebook page 'who remembers leighton court????'.
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Leighton Court Reunion - 21st Nov 2011 1:26pm
Originally Posted by Elizabeth
To anyone old enough to remember Leighton Court in Neston, there is to be a reunion held in Jan / Feb 2012. If interested go to the facebook page 'who remembers leighton court????'.
Hello Elizabeth ,What year are we talking about please ? smile
Posted By: SUExx Re: Leighton Court Reunion - 21st Nov 2011 1:48pm
I went there every weekend from 1978-9 onwards till it closed.

Just visited the fb page, the reunion is in port sunlight isnt it.
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Leighton Court Reunion - 22nd Nov 2011 2:26am
Originally Posted by gypsyjune
Originally Posted by Elizabeth
Hello Elizabeth ,What year are we talking about please ? smile

Well, I used to go there from 1980-1984 ish when I was between 18-22, my friend and I would go on a Thursday night as we had free entrance tickets so it was a cheap night out smile Not sure when it closed down but it must have been around 1986 or maybe '87. It used to be such a popular place, always choc-a-block and even though I lived in Birkenhead I preferred going out to Neston rather than the clubs in L'Pool or B'Head.
I don't think I'll be able to go to the re-union though which is a shame frown but thought I'd post the link here for those who might like to
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Leighton Court Reunion - 22nd Nov 2011 2:28am
Originally Posted by SUExx
I went there every weekend from 1978-9 onwards till it closed.

Just visited the fb page, the reunion is in port sunlight isnt it.

Yes, it looks like Port Sunlight now you mention it, I thought maybe Thornton Hough but they both look the same anyway!
Posted By: edd57 Re: Leighton Court Reunion - 18th Dec 2011 9:31am
The Leighton Court Reunion will be on 24th March all details will be posted on the facebook page in january
Posted By: SUExx Re: Leighton Court Reunion - 18th Dec 2011 10:08am
Originally Posted by edd57
The Leighton Court Reunion will be on 24th March all details will be posted on the facebook page in january

Is it in port sunlight, are you organising it
Posted By: Historybook Re: Leighton Court Reunion - 19th Dec 2011 6:44pm
leighton court closed in 1983, a good friend was thinking of having his twenty first there but it had closed before he was 21, i remember looking round later on in that year and was saddened how run down the place had become.
It was knocked down in early 1987 to build houses, another friend had done his leg in at the time and used to stop and watch as he hobbled to the paper shop !.
Posted By: davewakeman Re: Leighton Court Reunion - 7th May 2019 12:21pm
there is a copy of an original tape uploaded to mixcloud under daveonline. 1980
© Wirral-Wikiwirral