Forums
Posted By: Ian0151 The Queen & Prince Phillip - 3rd Nov 2011 10:20am
Court circular has announced the Queen & Prince Phillip will visit Liverpool on 1st December 2011. No more info yet.
Posted By: Tatey Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 3rd Nov 2011 10:34am
Suppose that means I will have to change the newspaper in the outside lavvy in case they visit.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 3rd Nov 2011 10:44am
A bit of advice Tatey. Grab a few pages from the Times Educational Supplement (obtainable from your neighbour's paper & cardboard wheelie bin) and put that on the nail behind the thunderbox door. It looks SO much better than the L'pool Echo !
Posted By: Moonstar Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 3rd Nov 2011 11:53am
Poor old things, only just got back from Australia. Someone should give 'em a break.
Posted By: paulph1972 Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 3rd Nov 2011 1:27pm
great busted
Posted By: Stuie2k1 Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 3rd Nov 2011 2:34pm
Should be interesting
Posted By: Touchstone Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 3rd Nov 2011 4:34pm
Where's Oliver Cromwell when you need him?
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 3rd Nov 2011 4:41pm
Originally Posted by Touchstone
Where's Oliver Cromwell when you need him?

raftl raftl raftl

withthat
Posted By: Snorlax Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 3rd Nov 2011 5:54pm
Oliver Cromwell can be found in Aldi. £11.99 a litre!
Posted By: parkgater Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 3rd Nov 2011 6:08pm
Mike,Shan reckons the FT pink is more suited to our decor.
Posted By: Tatey Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 3rd Nov 2011 6:11pm
Originally Posted by parkgater
Mike,Shan reckons the FT pink is more suited to our decor.

I did like Pinz suggestion, but you are right, the Financial Times it is!
Posted By: jimbob Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 3rd Nov 2011 7:36pm
Tatey.
The pink is only good for the 3rd wipe as its shiny. Remember the old rule {one up, one down and one for a polish} and remember not to have the torn up pages to big or you will be sending for a plumber to clear the blockage.
Posted By: Tatey Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 4th Nov 2011 7:58am
Oh Dear! It's all so difficult & expensive these days. It was better when I worked at Bowaters & got to bring the end cuts home!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 4th Nov 2011 8:28am
I didn't realise Bowaters made No.2 Grade Wet & Dry Emery paper ??

Quite invigorating after a night on the Vindaloo I should imagine.
Posted By: detsi Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 4th Nov 2011 9:36am

Orf topic !!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 4th Nov 2011 10:36am
Sorry Ma'am. Which way to the Tower ?
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 6th Nov 2011 12:46pm
It was knocked down years ago Pinz, where have you been?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 21st Nov 2011 3:36pm
THE QUEEN AND THE DUKE OF EDINBURGH WILL VISIT WIRRAL

Full story Here
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 21st Nov 2011 3:41pm
Marvelous!
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
A bit of advice Tatey. Grab a few pages from the Times Educational Supplement (obtainable from your neighbour's paper & cardboard wheelie bin) and put that on the nail behind the thunderbox door. It looks SO much better than the L'pool Echo !
raftl
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 22nd Nov 2011 2:22pm
Scary stuff, watched the impending visit being announced on Granada last night and there's my late mother watching the Queen last time she was up here. The missus got goose bumps.
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 22nd Nov 2011 2:34pm
Originally Posted by Ian0151
Court circular has announced the Queen & Prince Phillip will visit Liverpool on 1st December 2011. No more info yet.

Queen and Duke as well as visiting Wirral will also go separately on that day, to the opening of the next phase of Museum of Liverpool.

I am going on 2nd December for the public opening of this new gallery
Posted By: Wench Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 22nd Nov 2011 8:18pm
Originally Posted by Ian0151

They're popping in to see me after my operation 'cause I'm special grin (I'll be their Granddaughter-in-Law when I marry Prince Harry *drool*).
Posted By: poodlepup Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 22nd Nov 2011 8:28pm
raftl Too much morphine!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 22nd Nov 2011 8:43pm
Drug goggles if you fancy that little ginger oik!
Posted By: Wench Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 22nd Nov 2011 8:44pm
Originally Posted by poodlepup
raftl Too much morphine!

You'll be laughing even harder when you don't get an invite to St Paul's raftl wink

Originally Posted by CrocodileDundee
Drug goggles if you fancy that little ginger oik!
You should know by now how much I love my Gingers Croc raftl
Posted By: poodlepup Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 22nd Nov 2011 8:57pm
raftl Fascinator at the ready!!
Posted By: davew3 Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 23rd Nov 2011 10:43pm
I thought Tatey would have got the little hint I left on

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...h/true/Re_HMS_Brocklesby.html#Post624194
Posted By: Martin1943 Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 28th Nov 2011 8:51am
I believe She is officially opening the New (expensive) Floral Pavilion.
Posted By: ResearcherTony Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 28th Nov 2011 4:52pm
Brilliant, at least somewere on the Wirral is worth viewing still. New Brighton is a wonderful place and feel sorry for the residents who had to suffer with the relocation of Birkenhead North into the Wallasey and New Brighton Districts.

God Save the Queen
Posted By: hoseman Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 28th Nov 2011 5:58pm
Bollox to all that, what about the cost of security and all!! Just another hike on our taxes to cover all the arse suckers who think they are important!! How much of my WELL HARD EARNED is this circus costing????
Pay it out of your own pockets and get ya inbred fingers outa mine!!

Not a royal fan!!
Posted By: poodlepup Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 28th Nov 2011 6:01pm
Pmsl Hear hear!
Posted By: ResearcherTony Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 28th Nov 2011 6:01pm
do you not like the royal family? i must agree on the funding bit being taken out of the tax payers money is wrong, nut i think they have a special fund for there trips etc, im not sure on that just what i have heard.
Posted By: hoseman Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 28th Nov 2011 6:22pm
Waste of time, space and energy!!! (AND OXYGEN!!!)
Never watched a royal event in my life, even snubbed Princess Anne at Badminton horse trials once!!
They have got a special fund for visits....Its called US!!!!
Her loyal minions, yes mam, no mam, ill pay for your little walk abouts mam, it will be a pleasure even tho i cant afford it!!!! But you are royalty and we must bow to your greatness and superiority!!! bowdown whippy
Well you know what that bunch of state sponging gits can go do dont you????
A short rope and a long drop comes to mind!!! aliendance skull
Posted By: ResearcherTony Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 28th Nov 2011 6:26pm
Im sorry you feel that way mr hose man, im very proud of our royal heritage, and they actually do bring a lot of tourism, they are not all bad really, but everybody is entitled to their opinion
Posted By: Touchstone Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 28th Nov 2011 8:55pm
Originally Posted by hoseman
Waste of time, space and energy!!! (AND OXYGEN!!!)
Never watched a royal event in my life, even snubbed Princess Anne at Badminton horse trials once!!
They have got a special fund for visits....Its called US!!!!
Her loyal minions, yes mam, no mam, ill pay for your little walk abouts mam, it will be a pleasure even tho i cant afford it!!!! But you are royalty and we must bow to your greatness and superiority!!! bowdown whippy
Well you know what that bunch of state sponging gits can go do dont you????
A short rope and a long drop comes to mind!!! aliendance skull

Hoseman for President!!!
Posted By: granny Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 28th Nov 2011 10:25pm
To Touchstone and Hoseman I cannot believe how uninformed you appear to be and I find your comments disturbing and offensive.
Our Queen is the most stable,wonderful dedicated person we have ever had in this country for a very long time. She is the head of my Church and I would not like to hear anyone say anything so harsh about the head of the Roman Catholic Church or any other Church.
When the Royal Families were rid of in Russia there was Stalin, Germany, Hitler, Italy, Mussolini, Spain, Franco, Greece, The military and so many more. I lived in Greece after the Greek Royal Family had gone into excile and believe me, it was not a nice place to be.
The Queen costs each of us approx 70 pence a year. That, to me, is excellent value for money and a President would cost a whole lot more for a whole lot less. Time to read your history books!
I think our Queen and the Duke's visit is wonderful for our region and at least you can't say she was snubbing us!
Posted By: Geekus Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 28th Nov 2011 10:39pm
Well said granny. clap
Posted By: granny Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 28th Nov 2011 10:41pm
Thank you Geekus, I could say a whole lot more but curbed my anger.
Posted By: Wench Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 28th Nov 2011 10:47pm
I'd rather have her than a president. I do love Phil the Greek though - his "Philisms" have me in stitches raftl
Posted By: Geekus Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 28th Nov 2011 10:54pm
The Queen had her role as monarch forced upon her at a very young age, yet has never once shirked from her responsibilities in representing this country or the Commonwealth Nations.

Regardless of anyone's personal opinions of royalty in general, she remains one of the hardest working people in this country.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 28th Nov 2011 11:23pm
Originally Posted by granny
To Touchstone and Hoseman I cannot believe how uninformed you appear to be and I find your comments disturbing and offensive.

Good. I think you could do with a history lesson of your own if you think Monarchy equals some kind of wonderful utopia.
Posted By: granny Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 29th Nov 2011 12:30am
I would much sooner have the Monarchy than Karl Marx and Engels ideas of Utopia. Karl Marx didn't even work he was classed as 'lazy'.
If you have something constructive to say then do so, we'll all read it, could be very interesting.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 29th Nov 2011 8:10am
I'm with you Granny when it comes to the present incumbent of the Royal throne. An extraordinary woman who knows more about world politics than any Prime Minister. I am waiting for the day when she writes her own Christmas address instead of that thrust upon her.
Posted By: ResearcherTony Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 29th Nov 2011 10:35am
Originally Posted by granny
I would much sooner have the Monarchy than Karl Marx and Engels ideas of Utopia. Karl Marx didn't even work he was classed as 'lazy'.
If you have something constructive to say then do so, we'll all read it, could be very interesting.

well said, Engels and Marx where both born with silver spoons as well so they never experienced poverty they just wrote about it.

The Monarchy is a great part of English heritage and we should be proud of it, not many countries have a historic background like we do, which makes us very lucky.
Posted By: ResearcherTony Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 29th Nov 2011 10:50am
I know this is going off topic, but ive started a Karl Marx debate in the History section, let me know what you actually think of him in there.
Posted By: granny Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 30th Nov 2011 11:25am
Originally Posted by Moonstar
I'm with you Granny when it comes to the present incumbent of the Royal throne. An extraordinary woman who knows more about world politics than any Prime Minister. I am waiting for the day when she writes her own Christmas address instead of that thrust upon her.

Well said Moonstar and thank you.

Posted By: Wench Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 30th Nov 2011 12:43pm
I have to say that I do sometimes feel sorry for the Queen. She has to listen to the dirge that is our National Anthem on a near daily basis (why can't we have a nice jaunty one like other countries do - we could have something like Crown Imperial by William Walton for example, I'm sure someone could come up with some lyrics), she has to shake hands with and mix with some rather undesirable people, have the general public traipse through her house and deal with slimy politicians. Add to that all the travelling she does (jet lag must be hellish when she's got a lot on) and you have a pretty none stop life. At her age she should be kicking back in the garden with a few G&T's and relaxing.

I know she has a "good life" in so much as financially, but she can't sh*t without it being reported by the press. She didn't choose her job, it was thrust upon her when she should have been grieving.

I think she's an ok bird smile Living with Phil must be an absolute howl raftl
Posted By: granny Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 30th Nov 2011 3:13pm
I couldn't agree with you more.
If anyone commands our respect it has to be her. Our Prince Philip however, is just as hard working and dedicated to his Queen and in turn their family have followed in their footsteps. Princess Ann is also extremely hardworking with her duties. Who would choose a life like that? Not many.
It's nice to know that there are those like yourself who are ready to speak of support for our Royal Family, too many are intimidated into being quiet.
I wonder if those who wish them far away would have prefered 'Flash' Gordon for the next 40years. He may have misguidedly thought he could save the world, but would have had us all under the caption of 'bigoted' by he who was not voted into position.
I am extremely proud of our Royal Family and so it would seem, are all those who seek to live in this country. It's quite often something they don't have in their own and most Americans would give anything to own our Queen!
Well done Wench. I hope they enjoy their visit tomorrow.
Posted By: FiremanFil Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 30th Nov 2011 4:04pm
I'm with granny all the way on this. We should be proud of the monarchy. What most people fail to grasp is that the monarchy is not about a person-it's about a system. Our system has kept this country free for almost a thousand years. OK-it's not perfect-but what is? The moment we lose the monarchy, we leave ourselves open to politicians having a free rein. The analogy of Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini et al is too terrifying to contemplate. It will happen unless the young people in our country realise that freedom is not free. Our monarchy is the envy of the civilised world. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!! I have been in the firing line for my country. It wasn't pleasant, but it was, I believe, necessary to preserve our heritage. I would do it all again. Here's a thought for you. Why do people who have fled their own country want to make our country like the one they fled from?
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 30th Nov 2011 5:19pm
If you look at the systems elsewhere in the world then us Brits come out reasonably well off in spite of all our bitchin'. A lot of places used to be monarchies then went republican and it hasn't done them any good at all. They're only figureheads after all is said and done but they are a focus for good not bad. I'd rather be here than anywhere else and I've been to some believe me. God Bless the Queen and all who sail in her.
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 1st Dec 2011 4:03am
I really like the Queen and Prince Phillip too and if what Granny says is true in that she costs just 70p per year well, you wouldn't be without one for that price really!

Just wish I was there to go and see them in New Brighton
Posted By: Touchstone Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 1st Dec 2011 10:51am
I hope the Council have put top quality loo rool in the Floral Pavillion's bogs. Wouldn't want the Royal arse being cleaned with some cheap, rough paper. I always buy the best quality stuff and I'm sure Lizzie would want the same.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 1st Dec 2011 4:41pm
Well, no Council officials have been sent the Tower so I guess Lizzie's arse survived a trip to the loo. Just hope she didn't block up the u-bend. Imagine the scandal!
Posted By: hoseman Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 1st Dec 2011 7:04pm
Originally Posted by Elizabeth
I really like the Queen and Prince Phillip too and if what Granny says is true in that she costs just 70p per year well, you wouldn't be without one for that price really!

Just wish I was there to go and see them in New Brighton

How do i get my rebate on this then??
Have i been paying all my life or since ive been earning (16 yrs old!)?
Would i only pay 35p if i saw one of them?
If they see me would i get 70p?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 2nd Dec 2011 5:09pm
[youtube]f8d0-yoEW10[/youtube]
Posted By: Sanchez Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 2nd Dec 2011 5:23pm
Royal kiss arses??? point being??
Posted By: hoseman Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 2nd Dec 2011 5:50pm
Fook me.... The silly hat shop must have made a fortune that day!!!

She had a face like thunder...Must have heared that i wasnt gonna pay my 70p!! There will be a MI5 hit out on me for this. lamethrower
Posted By: Touchstone Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 2nd Dec 2011 10:59pm
I think the Monarchists on here might want to keep away from Channel 4 this Sunday. There's a drama on called Black Mirror: National Anthems. In it a young Kate Middleton-esque Princess is kidnapped. As part of the ransom, the Prime Minister must have sex with a pig live on TV or the Princess will be executed. Quite a dilema. I wonder what Cameron would do!
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 2nd Dec 2011 11:23pm
join in
Posted By: davew3 Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 2nd Dec 2011 11:58pm
Wonder where we would be now, instead of a monarchy we had a presidency, we already have an EU one, but Britain with a president Bliar or a president Brown, suppose they would soon corrupt that, just as they did being a PM.
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: The Queen & Prince Phillip - 3rd Dec 2011 12:07am
or wreck the poor like the current bunch of toffs
© Wirral-Wikiwirral