Forums
Posted By: PaulTaters The Wirral Bus and Tram Show 2011 - 1st Oct 2011 1:47pm
Apologies if this has already been posted. laugh

It's the fourteenth Wirral Bus and Tram Show tomorrow, Sunday 2nd Oct. 10am-4pm

It will be held at both Pacific Road Arts Centre and The Taylor Street Transport Museum.

source:-
http://www.pacificroad.co.uk/EventM...alday=2&calmonth=10&calyear=2011

I last went to the 2009 one, so I might go down there tomorrow for a bit.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: The Wirral Bus and Tram Show 2011 - 1st Oct 2011 2:50pm
Me and rocks are taking the kids smile
Posted By: PaulTaters Re: The Wirral Bus and Tram Show 2011 - 2nd Oct 2011 1:33pm
Went down there for an hour earlier, took a few pics.

I think they were slightly unfortunate with the weather again, given that we'd just had a whole week of sun until today!

Still it was a reasonably good turnout as usual and I was down there quite early. It's still going on until 4pm. laugh

Loads more photos on my website here:-
http://reptonix.awardspace.co.uk/photos/2011-10-02.htm

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: The Wirral Bus and Tram Show 2011 - 2nd Oct 2011 2:50pm
Great pics, was tempted to go today but got too much on, thanks for the pictures.
Posted By: PaulTaters Re: The Wirral Bus and Tram Show 2011 - 2nd Oct 2011 4:41pm
Originally Posted by Pepper_Head
Great pics, was tempted to go today but got too much on, thanks for the pictures.

Thanks Pepper_Head, yes it was quite enjoyable.

I live just off Borough Road, and as soon as I went out I saw a London bus and a Manchester bus on their way to the event. They were stuck in traffic opposite the Library. I guess they may have come off the M53 J3. Some minor roadworks were going on today at the traffic lights near Wheststone Lane.

I wanted to go to this years' event particularly after reading this article (and there's a few similar articles via Google News):-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-15000239

Seems the Pacific Road Theatre is to close and they are trying to find a buyer for the Wirral Transport Museum and tramway.

I hope they do find a buyer and this annual event continues.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: The Wirral Bus and Tram Show 2011 - 2nd Oct 2011 4:48pm
Great pictures Paul. Thanks. Some of those buses look in much better condition than the rubbish on the road these days. Certainly better than Happy Als.
Posted By: johncon Re: The Wirral Bus and Tram Show 2011 - 2nd Oct 2011 5:16pm
Shame about the weather but if i am honest i cant remember the last time the weather was good for this one i used to go myself with my Ford Anglia and i am sure it rained just about every time
Posted By: rocks Re: The Wirral Bus and Tram Show 2011 - 2nd Oct 2011 5:17pm
me,TC and the kids had a good time today we rode up top on the open top tram, bluebell seemed a little scared when i told her it was 110yrs old ha
the weather stayed dryish for most of it and the old cars at woodside were a must see!
Posted By: PaulTaters Re: The Wirral Bus and Tram Show 2011 - 2nd Oct 2011 5:51pm
Yes, the vintage cars are always interesting.

I also noticed the yellow Reliant Bond Bug. (partially visible in the background) I think that one also attended the Birkenhead Park festival of transport in September. laugh

Good to see them out again.

Although it was dull when I was there today, as you say the rain mainly held off which was great. It just started to rain lightly as I was leaving. Back in 2009, it was blowing a gale and many of my photos were ruined due to rain on the lens. Fortunately that did not happen this time. smile I do hope one day it will be sunny for them though. (photos always seem to come out better in the sun)

[Linked Image]

EDIT: Of course I couldn't resist taking a few casual B&W shots.

Q: What year is this?
A: 2011. laugh

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rocks Re: The Wirral Bus and Tram Show 2011 - 2nd Oct 2011 6:51pm
haha oh yes that b&w pic could confuse a few people ha
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: The Wirral Bus and Tram Show 2011 - 2nd Oct 2011 8:13pm
Me and ste seen a few driving down the dock road around 5ish smile
Hope they day whent well.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral