Forums
Well its almost that time again peeps smile

Heritage Open Days
Heritage Open Days 2011 will be 8-11 September

Heritage Open Days celebrates England’s fantastic architecture and culture by offering free access to properties that are usually closed to the public or normally charge for admission. Every year on four days in September, buildings of every age, style and function throw open their doors, ranging from castles to factories, town halls to tithe barns, parish churches to Buddhist temples. It is a once-a-year chance to discover hidden architectural treasures and enjoy a wide range of tours, events and activities which bring to life local history and culture.

Free of charge and literally on people’s doorstep, Heritage Open Days is an event for everyone, whatever their background, age and ability. smile

http://www.heritageopendays.org.uk/

Some good stuff there.
Here's a link to a downloadable brochure for Wirral Open Days.

Wirral Heritage Open Days 2011
Originally Posted by Touchstone
Here's a link to a downloadable brochure for Wirral Open Days. smile

Thanks for the link bud!

Is there a leaflet with the listings in the library Touchstone?
Originally Posted by Bezzymate

Is there a leaflet with the listings in the library Touchstone?

I'm not sure. I'll pop into the library in a bit then let you know. A paper one would be handy.
That's kind of you but please don't go especially for me,I only live around the corner so can pick one up later.Thanks.
I will say though,that the last few years when I have tried to get booked onto walks etc.they are already fully booked well in advance.
Just been in the library but couldn't see any. They should be available in most libraries soon though.
Thanks TS.
Was in the cafe in Vale Park today. There was one leaflet left so picked it up. So many interesting place to visit and so little time.
Does anyone know if Birkenhead town hall is open during Heritage week for the usual stalls etc

I fancy visiting these places during those weeks

CLIFTON ROAD MASONIC HALL
Clifton Road, Birkenhead, CH41 2SF

Christ Church Oxton

ROYAL BRITISH legion
Park Rd EAST
Didn't realise Birkenhead was where the Royal British Legions first began
I am thinking of visiting Pensby Hall
Originally Posted by derekdwc
Does anyone know if Birkenhead town hall is open during Heritage week for the usual stalls etc

It's open from Monday 5th Sept to Friday 9th. Pre-booking required no later than 3rd September. Don't think there'll be any stalls inside, probably just guided tours of the now empty building and its projector room.

Phone Phil Ashley 0151 691 8480
I went on the Storeton Village tour last year run by Peter France.

Absolutely beautiful walk to go on even though it tipped it down more or less the whole time, some really fascinating stuff about local history and upcoming archaeology in the area. Peter France certainly knows his stuff, we were shown all sorts of ancient buildings, the history of storeton hall, all sorts of wonderful local fokelore etc

I really wood recomend it! In fact I might go again smile I will just make sure I take wellies incase its wet again!

Pre-book tours with Peter France on 0151 200 9545
Anybody going to any of the events
I'm going to try for
The Masonic hall in Clifton road - nearly 50 years since I last hurried up it to get to school (can't remember if there was a TA place in that road

Also the Royal British Legion in Park RD East (may catch bandicoot in the sailors place and have a pint)

Church at the top of Oxton rd (only if I phone and find they allow access to the top of the tower)

Not heard anything doing at the Town Hall similar to last 2 wiki visits
I enquired about Wallasey Town Hall. They are fully booked (same as last year) but they are taking names and numbers to arrange a second 'unsheduled' tour.
Bacon butty day, Derek? wink
Im also planning to visit the Masonic Hall on Sunday. I shall be flying solo-Formula One is on.
Anybody going to St. Hilary's in Wallasey Village or the Birkenhead Park entrance gates?
www.sthilarywallasey.org.uk/diary/index.php
Thanks. Never been inside St. Hilary's. Hopefully really nice inside.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral