Forums
Posted By: Artymum NEW FERRY BUTTERFLY PARK OPEN DAY - 24th Apr 2011 11:19am
New Ferry Butterfly Park Open Day is on Sunday May 8th 11am-4pm.

It's a free event showcasing work by artist in residence Carol Ramsay who has made a 'Caravan' Visitor Centre and a Mobile Allotment.

We also have new art works added to the trail, an art+craft fair, pond dipping, countryside crafts, nature walks, facepainting and a BBQ.

The Butterfly Park is on Howell Road, New Ferry (entrance in Bebington Station car park/back of Aldi)
Disabled parking only on site but plenty of on road parking nearby.

See Our facebook page for further details.

[img:center]http://twitpic.com/1gbce3[/img]

[img:center]http://twitpic.com/4lnryo[/img]
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: NEW FERRY BUTTERFLY PARK OPEN DAY - 24th Apr 2011 11:22am
wiki walkers will be here as usual cool
Posted By: MattLFC Re: NEW FERRY BUTTERFLY PARK OPEN DAY - 24th Apr 2011 11:40am
Think ill give this a miss, last year's was rather disappointing to say the least; I don't recall seeing a single butterfly the whole time we were there! All else that was there, just seemed like moneymaking stalls, all trying to sell you stuff. The walk itself was okay, but its a case of been there, done that, not worth a second helping lol.

frown
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: NEW FERRY BUTTERFLY PARK OPEN DAY - 24th Apr 2011 11:53am
A bit early for butterflies but the bloke doing the wood shaping/carving and the pond dipper guys were very interesting. Quite a lot of people appreciated the arty stuff as well.

But yeah - no butterflies lol
Posted By: Artymum Re: NEW FERRY BUTTERFLY PARK OPEN DAY - 24th Apr 2011 12:38pm
frown Ah Matt, really sorry to hear that. It's a beautiful place and yes we did try to sell a few things but only for a pound or two - the BBQ was only a quid a piece as was the facepainting but we're an unfunded charity run completely by volunteers so we have to find running costs somewhere.

It's an unspoilt Nature Reserve, we can't supply butterflies at will, it is completely weather dependant and yes last year was a bit too chilly. We'll just have to hope for nice weather this year.

Last week I was at the park for an hour and saw a couple of dozen as it was a hot day so you just can't tell.

Lots more artworks this year so hopefully that will make up for it. smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: NEW FERRY BUTTERFLY PARK OPEN DAY - 26th Apr 2011 3:22pm
Fair does, just left a little disappointed. I guess if the weather is on your side, with a little bit of help from nature, it could be better this year.

frown
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: NEW FERRY BUTTERFLY PARK OPEN DAY - 26th Apr 2011 3:50pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
A bit early for butterflies
I saw three within minutes of saying that - typical idiot
Posted By: Artymum Re: NEW FERRY BUTTERFLY PARK OPEN DAY - 26th Apr 2011 10:20pm

Easter Sunday I saw lots of butterflies, Monday I saw one - fickle things butterflies. wink
Posted By: Artymum Re: NEW FERRY BUTTERFLY PARK OPEN DAY - 26th Apr 2011 10:25pm
The Open Day this year is showing artwork by local schoolchildren made during workshops over the last few weeks and work by students of Liverpool Community College whose Tourism students have been working on promotional ideas for the park.

We are also hosting an art + craft fair, just giving some local artists + makers the chance to show + maybe sell some of their own work. I hope it'll be a really good day.

The Butterfly Park will then be open every Sunday 12-4pm until September so if you can't make it on the 8th, choose any other sunny Sunday to come down + see more butterflies.
Posted By: Artymum Re: NEW FERRY BUTTERFLY PARK OPEN DAY - 30th Apr 2011 10:29am
If anyone has any leftover Bunting we'd be grateful and would use it at the Open Day smile
Posted By: Poultonpaul Re: NEW FERRY BUTTERFLY PARK OPEN DAY - 30th Apr 2011 11:55am
nigel and me and mum will be goin thankyou
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: NEW FERRY BUTTERFLY PARK OPEN DAY - 30th Apr 2011 2:14pm
Is this tomorrow?
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: NEW FERRY BUTTERFLY PARK OPEN DAY - 30th Apr 2011 2:27pm
Originally Posted by Poultonpaul
nigel and me and mum will be goin thankyou
camera
Posted By: Artymum Re: NEW FERRY BUTTERFLY PARK OPEN DAY - 9th May 2011 10:01am
Alison McGovern MP in our Caravan Visitor Centre at New Ferry Butterfly Park @Alison_McGovern more photos: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...=1&pid=969360&id=112509052095055

Fabulous Day (once the rain had passed) over 500 visitors and actually a good few butterflies. smile

Posted By: Artymum Re: NEW FERRY BUTTERFLY PARK OPEN DAY - 9th May 2011 10:04am
Oops, don't know why the link didn't work - try this one. Butterfly Park Opening
© Wirral-Wikiwirral