Forums
Posted By: Garygadge Thornton Hough Scarecrows Coming Back! - 17th Mar 2011 11:11pm
Clicky!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Thornton Hough Scarecrows Coming Back! - 17th Mar 2011 11:15pm
Cooool GG smile
Posted By: reddragon Re: Thornton Hough Scarecrows Coming Back! - 18th Mar 2011 8:58pm
bout bloody time
Posted By: Garygadge Re: Thornton Hough Scarecrows Coming Back! - 18th Mar 2011 10:17pm
Found out today that it's not defo happening!
frown
Posted By: kimpri Re: Thornton Hough Scarecrows Coming Back! - 18th Mar 2011 10:40pm
Originally Posted by Garygadge
why not? Mr Garygadge smile
Posted By: Garygadge Re: Thornton Hough Scarecrows Coming Back! - 19th Mar 2011 8:41am
Originally Posted by kimpri1
Originally Posted by Garygadge
why not? Mr Garygadge smile

The cost involved for policing it, plus the police don't want it to happen (as far as I know) and some of the residents against it as a lot of thefts happened at pevious events.
I remember when it was cancelled a couple of years ago that it was mainly because the residents didn't want it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see whistle
I've joined the FB page to get the latest 'news' just in case!
Apparently they're having a meeting on Thursday so fingers crossed pray
Posted By: Garygadge Re: Thornton Hough Scarecrows Coming Back! - 26th Mar 2011 11:28pm
LATEST NEWS: No Scarecrow Event This Year - But apparently they are arranging a 'non-Scarecrow' event - Provisional Date 16th July 2011
What a shame! Ah well
Posted By: GillnMick Re: Thornton Hough Scarecrows Coming Back! - 29th Mar 2011 5:40pm
I think Eastham and Eastham Village held a scarecrow festival last year. Obviously it was not on the same scale as Thornton Houghs.

Will try and find out if it is being held again this year
Posted By: johncon Re: Thornton Hough Scarecrows Coming Back! - 29th Mar 2011 6:52pm
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
What a shame! Ah well
the majority of the residents hate it my in laws live there and go away on holiday to get away from it a few years ago i went round to check on the house before they came home and picked up 5 yes 5 black binbags of rubbish out of their garden my father in law is very proud of his garden and would have been devastated to see it in that state. total lack of respect for property .
somad
© Wirral-Wikiwirral