Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX World Book Day 3.3.11 - 5th Feb 2011 6:16pm
Between 2-3pm take along a used, quality book or two, to Wallasey Central Library, that you would like to swap and take away a free book or books. smile
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: World Book Day 3.3.11 - 5th Feb 2011 7:01pm
looking throught all out old books as we speak queen thumbsup
Posted By: Touchstone Re: World Book Day 3.3.11 - 5th Feb 2011 8:47pm
If anyone's interested, Wallasey Central Library have recently started a Friends Group. So far about 120 have signed up and a committee is being set up. However, more people are always welcome, so the more the merrier.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: World Book Day 3.3.11 - 6th Feb 2011 4:55pm
What kind of 'things' do the group do?
Posted By: Touchstone Re: World Book Day 3.3.11 - 6th Feb 2011 5:49pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
What kind of 'things' do the group do?

The group was set up by the library staff in November to help promote the library and raise extra funds. Given the cutbacks by this awful government, I think they're going to need all the help they can get. The next meeting is the 15th Feb at 18.30 when formal positions on the friends committee will be sorted out. Anyone interested is welcome to join.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: World Book Day 3.3.11 - 6th Feb 2011 6:02pm
I should also add that the library will be having a number of special events to celebrate their 100th year. If anyone wants to help out at these events there will be lots of free tea, coffee and biscuits to keep you going.

Events include:

March 5th World Book Night - Quiz Night & Free Big Book Give-away 7PM - 9PM

March 12th Green Day - Stalls & Information FREE 10AM - 1PM & 2PM - 4PM

April 5th Hopps Around Wallasey - Talk about famous local Wallasey artist by Colin Simpson of Williamson Art Gallery FREE 3.30PM

More events being lined up. Will post more information when I get it.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral