Forums
Posted By: alpacino9 STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 31st Jan 2011 1:00pm
Hello would just like to make you aware of a protest leaving chester services j14 m56 feb 25th (lorry park ) meeting at lorry park
if you would like to at attend http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=172438019468011

Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 31st Jan 2011 1:01pm
or it is under EVENTS on facebook stanlow go slow
Posted By: Nigel Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 31st Jan 2011 2:11pm
Go get um lads!
Posted By: winnie533 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 31st Jan 2011 5:42pm
hi i will attend as i attended last one in my truck it would be better if more trucks and vans came as it affects everybody not just cars
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 31st Jan 2011 6:32pm
thank u , spread the word this time its gonna be BIGGER !
Posted By: Sanchez Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 31st Jan 2011 7:20pm
Originally Posted by alpacino9
thank u , spread the word this time its gonna be BIGGER !

And more pointless. One complete waste of time. Standing or sitting in the freezing cold aint gunna do squat. The time would be put to better use figuring out new fuel ideas etc.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 31st Jan 2011 7:32pm
Anno, fookin hilarious ain't it?

They ain't gonna listen lads, give it up!

raftl
Posted By: Sanchez Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 31st Jan 2011 7:56pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Anno, fookin hilarious ain't it?

They ain't gonna listen lads, give it up!

raftl

Glad we are always on the same page ste wink
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 31st Jan 2011 8:13pm
al will be filling the car up ready lol..thanx for the heads up and will join the fb cause

whether ppl listen or not it is still worth going for as look at the poll tax ...the govt had to listen...hopefully this time they wont be deaf

good luck to all who go and join xxx
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 31st Jan 2011 11:11pm
thx ....people are entitled to there opinion.....soon moan when they cant get petrol ! oshocked
Posted By: hoseman Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 31st Jan 2011 11:16pm
That you Wayne???
Posted By: Sanchez Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 31st Jan 2011 11:17pm
Im all for something constructive and I have hope in many things, but I just think its a wasted effort. Sorry if I do sound negative as I dont do anything about it tbh other than sit behind my lap top and moan smile
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 1st Feb 2011 12:06am
yer but ur not the only one thats sat behind the laptop m8.....im just tryin to do summat about it ...1st one was put together in 11 days and got 150 cars ...so must be a bit of support there ..
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 1st Feb 2011 12:19am
The government has listened before when the fuel strikes happened and so did the petrol companies who were offsetting their costs to different dates to hide what price they bought crude at!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 1st Feb 2011 8:15am
Yeah well I best have petrol for my 2.5 litre and my 2.0 litre cars.

Screw the environment and who cares about petrol costs!
I don't!
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 1st Feb 2011 8:25am
I wonder how many conversations like this were going on in Tunisia & Egypt a couple of months ago and look what they've achieved. The rights and wrongs of it are a whole different conversation.
IMHO I think there are many governments around the world (including our own) that are in for a huge wake up call as people are sick to death of being shafted by the fat cats
Posted By: Sanchez Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 1st Feb 2011 9:45am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Yeah well I best have petrol for my 2.5 litre and my 2.0 litre cars.

Screw the environment and who cares about petrol costs!
I don't!

Seems to be the americans attitude, they are our alies i believe, so here here ste!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 1st Feb 2011 9:48am
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
I wonder how many conversations like this were going on in Tunisia & Egypt a couple of months ago and look what they've achieved. The rights and wrongs of it are a whole different conversation.
IMHO I think there are many governments around the world (including our own) that are in for a huge wake up call as people are sick to death of being shafted by the fat cats

The egyptions and tunisians are being shafted from every angle, enough to make them fight with their lives. We are still fed, warm, safe, etc etc. We all need to be hit hard before we all revault.
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 1st Feb 2011 3:55pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12250225

where ur money goes on fuel
Posted By: Sanchez Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 1st Feb 2011 4:08pm
Jesus, I didnt realise that they take that much for tax, robbin bitches.
Posted By: insanekitty Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 1st Feb 2011 4:45pm
And now they want to increase the tunnel tolls!
I say scrap the tunnel tolls and the fake police and make them free after all they are part of the road network and we pay road tax.

LETS HAVE A TUNNEL TOLLS PROTEST all drive there at the same time with £50 notes and block them for a few hours during rush hour.

Robbing basKets they have loads of money in the kitty according to the news that has just been read on the radio.

An why do the tunnel police need a fleet of new 4x4 vehicles when there is no mud etc in the tunnel? Get them smart cars instead!
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 1st Feb 2011 5:50pm
now you can see why we blame the companies too
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 1st Feb 2011 6:35pm
Unfortunately we need the tunnel tolls, otherwise the tunnels would just be a traffic jam.
Posted By: Teardrop Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 1st Feb 2011 6:55pm
is this to do with VAT going up, so the toll goes up, have you seen the bus fairs £2,90 to liverpool you can kiss it lol
Posted By: insanekitty Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 1st Feb 2011 8:19pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Unfortunately we need the tunnel tolls, otherwise the tunnels would just be a traffic jam.

That is a joke posted by the Chief Exec to try to justify the increase in the tolls. He quotes that they need to increase the tunnel tolls to deter people from using them thus creating traffic jams.
Why dont they just brick them up then and there would be no traffic jams - ever!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 1st Feb 2011 8:35pm
@insanekitty

I'm sorry you can't follow the simple logic that if the tunnels were free then there would be considerably more traffic through them. (clue - think what would happen if petrol were free!)

Perhaps you can explain the advantages of bricking them up?
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 1st Feb 2011 8:53pm
Originally Posted by insanekitty

An why do the tunnel police need a fleet of new 4x4 vehicles when there is no mud etc in the tunnel? Get them smart cars instead!

This pisses me off too plus with all the money they make they can't even be arsed cleaning the tunnel. Its filthy, an absolute disgrace. I don't know what visitors to Merseyside must think.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 1st Feb 2011 11:51pm
lets face it, there is nothing down for this soon to be third world contry.
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 2nd Feb 2011 11:39am
join the group

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/home.php?sk=group_123270461078383
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 2nd Feb 2011 5:36pm
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=172438019468011
Posted By: brady Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 3rd Feb 2011 7:58pm
Its a waste of time...the french know how to protest...the egyptions know how to protest...our idea of protesting is a few lorries on the inside lane of a motorway????
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 3rd Feb 2011 9:08pm
its not a waste of time.......the only waste of time is sitting on ya backsides watching soaps and moaning about the prices doin nothing ! at least i am trying to start something off
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 3rd Feb 2011 9:18pm
its not a waste of time.......the only waste of time is sitting on ya backsides watching soaps and moaning about the prices doin nothing ! at least i am trying to start something off

withthat
Posted By: Wench Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 3rd Feb 2011 9:19pm
I agree with the principle, but the rationale is beyond me think

You're all going to fill your cars/trucks/lorries/wagons/bikes with fuel so that you can drive vewy vewy slowly and burn all that fuel, then have to fill up again just to protest about the prices of said fuel......

Who wins in this scenario learn

Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 3rd Feb 2011 10:06pm
we are talkin 8 miles .... i used up £3.03 last time ....there where 100 police roads blocked off and a lot of coverage off sky bbc etc links will be up for proof ... the day before it was ready di**head osbourne came out and said he was knocking a penny off fuel ,he got a message !
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 3rd Feb 2011 10:10pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzlnlnPjCjM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wl3wOmqcQI

and this is where your money goes when u put a tenner in
Posted By: Nigel Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 3rd Feb 2011 10:27pm
Well said Mate, lets get more pro-active.
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 3rd Feb 2011 10:41pm
THE LINKS FOR OUR PAGES

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/event.php?eid=172438019468011

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/home.php?sk=group_123270461078383

PLS JOIN IF YOU ARE WILLING TO ATTEND
THANK YOU
Posted By: davymac Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 5th Feb 2011 11:51pm
Something needs to be done about it.The last one had more protesters than was anticipated,and with fuel prices still on the rise it won't be long before more motorists join in. Enough is enough.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 6th Feb 2011 9:39am

I aint moaning about it! If you can't afford the fuel, you can't afford to own a car, the same with insurance, VED and maintenance costs, pretty simple really. Nobody is forcing us to own a car! I would like a Ferrari, but alas I can't afford it, I don't stamp my feet about it like a child though.

smile
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 6th Feb 2011 10:48am
matt lfc the cost of fuel affects everyone whether they own a car or not....food prices and other items are hiked up due to transportation costs....

al have joined your fb page as i think it is a worthwhile cause...
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 6th Feb 2011 10:58am
also this country is held to ransom by the greedy fat cats who have plenty but want more....you work all the hours god sends and work like a bstard to get taxed to death, not just in ya wage packet but vat, charges, council tax, the list goes on and on....
its about time the ppl in this country stopped sitting on their backsides, get the shite out of their eyes and carry out protests....and not lame ones neither....the economy has gone now so what is stopping us....

sorry for the rant its the rebel in me lol
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 6th Feb 2011 4:42pm
THERE HAVE BEEN 2 PROTESTS ORGANISED AT THE BIGGEST REFINERY IN ESSEX THIS MONTH , BOTH HAVE BEEN ATTENDED BY 32 PEOPLE ..A POOR SHOW

THE FIRST ONE WE DID HERE WAS MADE UP IN 11 DAYS AND ATTENDED BY 150 CARS AND 275 PEOPLE......THE PROBLEM IS WE EVERYONE OF US IS AFFECTED BY THE FUEL PRICE, WE ARE TAXED 4 TIMES WITH A CAR
TOO MANY PEOPLE HIDE BEHIND THE SCREENS AND DONT DO ANYTHING....HERES EVERYONES CHANCE..( SORRY ABOUT CAPS ITS STUCK )
Posted By: MattLFC Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 6th Feb 2011 9:20pm
Originally Posted by rocketqueen
also this country is held to ransom by the greedy fat cats who have plenty but want more....you work all the hours god sends and work like a bstard to get taxed to death, not just in ya wage packet but vat, charges, council tax, the list goes on and on....
its about time the ppl in this country stopped sitting on their backsides, get the shite out of their eyes and carry out protests....and not lame ones neither....the economy has gone now so what is stopping us....

So what you are arguing, is the government should remove/lower all the taxes, the countries revenue from tax will be lower than it is today etc...

Where do we then, get the money to pay for the public services, and pay the interest (yes, the interest) and for further borrowing on the already huge national debt?

I was a member of Transaction, long before you lot decided to "get off your backsides" and it achieved pretty much nothing - you think a few hundred people around a refinery is going to achieve much, it isnt, Transaction practically bought the country to a halt by blockading every refinery, and forced a duty increase to be postponed - thats as good as it gets, and a disorganised, single protest at a single refinery, won't do much, especially if you are not working in union with other action groups.

I attended the 2008 protests at Stanlow - well I say attended, they were not part of Transaction, and again, pointless, they too were just disorganised, and did not run in sync with any other protests, and achieved zilch! Once I saw the crappy turnout, and the threat from the plod of arrest under anti-terrorism legislation, I left lol.

Im afraid, now more than ever, you will achieve nothing. And if the government bring in a fuel price stabiliser, don't for one minute think it is anything to do with an isolated protest by a few cars and vans down at Stanlow - the tories were talking about it 2 maybe even 3 years ago!!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 6th Feb 2011 9:48pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC

and the threat from the plod of arrest under anti-terrorism legislation, I left lol.

I love the goverment introducing that law, take away our fredom of protest why dont cha!
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 15th Feb 2011 9:55am
this is gonna happen guys and with YOUR support have MAXIMUM IMPACT.....your help is needed , please spread the word and add yourselves if you have facebook
Posted By: Danny888 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 15th Feb 2011 10:06am
this is gonna happen guys and with YOUR support have MAXIMUM IMPACT.....your help is needed , please spread the word and add yourselves if you have facebook

If after this farce the fuel prices go down by even a penny due to your actions, i'll drink a gallon of petrol.

What a waste - As said, Shell etc make less than 8% off fuel sold, the other 92% goes to the government - Why not have a protest at 10 Downing Street? Oh yeah, you cant afford to get there.

Seriously, you may aswell have a fuel protest at the Job Center, atleast that way your SLIGHTLY in the right direction.
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 15th Feb 2011 10:18am
idiots like you moan about the price instead of doing something

id fill up now if i was you smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 15th Feb 2011 10:21am
Originally Posted by Danny888

If after this farce the fuel prices go down by even a penny due to your actions, i'll drink a gallon of petrol.

What a waste - As said, Shell etc make less than 8% off fuel sold, the other 92% goes to the government - Why not have a protest at 10 Downing Street? Oh yeah, you cant afford to get there.

Seriously, you may aswell have a fuel protest at the Job Center, atleast that way your SLIGHTLY in the right direction.

That man has a point! Maybe some local or even regional government offices would be more appropriate and get more media attention.

If the intention is to cut off the fuel supply, im afraid to say, there is more than one refinery, and you won't be able to do it without getting arrested nowadays under anti-terrorism legislation. You can protest peacefully, but you can't blockade anymore, and without a mass-blockade (on all refineries around the country), you won't get any media attention, apart from maybe a few lines on page 17 in the Ellesmere Port Pioneer.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 15th Feb 2011 10:23am
History says otherwise.....

Previous protest did get the price down.

Previous non-blockade protest got tons of mainstream media coverage.
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 15th Feb 2011 10:24am
http://www.skynews.com.au/businessnews/article.aspx?id=570550&vId=2139068
Posted By: davew3 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 15th Feb 2011 10:24am
The area has number of Labour MP's including one who was part of the Treasury team and is now shadow part of the Treasury team who upped fuel prices at every opportunity, you would do better to protest outside the party buildings when they have a surgery,you would get more tv and msm coverage than driving around in convoy,wasting your own fuel,the area also has a Conservative MP who I believe may be part of the regime who is in power,as I only ever see Libs??es on tv, I can only presume they have more votes.
Personally I believe your pi??ing in the wind it's the same direction as they pi??ed our taxes,they have every angle covered including the law.
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 15th Feb 2011 10:27am
mp`s have been contacted as of yet NO REPLY , letters have been delivered to downing st etc , no reply ,

expect the unexpected smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wl3wOmqcQI
Posted By: MattLFC Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 15th Feb 2011 10:27am

Ahem. Excuse me. I used to do something, a lot more than try to organise a shitty, pointless, protest at a single refinery via Facebook.

And after a couple of years with Transaction, followed by the grim reality of the economic crisis, I don't really care about fuel prices anymore, ill just pay them whatever they are. And if I was skint, id just put me right foot forwards, me left foot would follow, and hey presto, id be walking!
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 15th Feb 2011 10:30am

Ahem. Excuse me. I used to do something, a lot more than try to organise a shitty, pointless, protest at a single refinery via Facebook.

And after a couple of years with Transaction, followed by the grim reality of the economic crisis, I don't really care about fuel prices anymore, ill just pay them whatever they are. And if I was skint, id just put me right foot forwards, me left foot would follow, and hey presto, id be walking!

good for you . im pleased you can afford it,
pointless protest ???mmmm ok we will see

smile
Posted By: starakita Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 15th Feb 2011 10:31am
Id like to know why diesle costs more than petrol when it used to be the other way round
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 15th Feb 2011 10:38am
be nice to see them both the same ...i agree

fill ya tank up smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 15th Feb 2011 10:45am

good for you . im pleased you can afford it,
pointless protest ???mmmm ok we will see

smile

When we see a few pence knocked off the price of fuel as a direct result of this protest, ill believe it was anything other than pointless.

As I said previously, I don't think you understand, the country is not in a position to cut taxation anymore, if anything, we need to be increasing taxation to get our finances straight again. The last thing on the governments mind, is cutting the duty on fuel, due to a couple of simpletons, with too much time on their hands, parking up outside a privately owned oil refinery in the back and beyond of Cheshire.

As said by others, why don't you target your protest at the people with the power to do something about it?

Iirc, the end-consumer does not actually pay a penny in fuel duty, it is the refinery that does. The reason for this is of course to (legally) sustain the VAT loophole on fuel paid at the pump. So technically, we are not paying fuel duty beyond VAT anyway!
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 15th Feb 2011 11:24pm

So what you are arguing, is the government should remove/lower all the taxes, the countries revenue from tax will be lower than it is today etc...

Where do we then, get the money to pay for the public services, and pay the interest (yes, the interest) and for further borrowing on the already huge national debt?

I was a member of Transaction, long before you lot decided to "get off your backsides" and it achieved pretty much nothing - you think a few hundred people around a refinery is going to achieve much, it isnt, Transaction practically bought the country to a halt by blockading every refinery, and forced a duty increase to be postponed - thats as good as it gets, and a disorganised, single protest at a single refinery, won't do much, especially if you are not working in union with other action groups.

I attended the 2008 protests at Stanlow - well I say attended, they were not part of Transaction, and again, pointless, they too were just disorganised, and did not run in sync with any other protests, and achieved zilch! Once I saw the crappy turnout, and the threat from the plod of arrest under anti-terrorism legislation, I left lol.

Im afraid, now more than ever, you will achieve nothing. And if the government bring in a fuel price stabiliser, don't for one minute think it is anything to do with an isolated protest by a few cars and vans down at Stanlow - the tories were talking about it 2 maybe even 3 years ago!!

in response to ypur post mattlfc....

public services yes i agree we should be paying for...what i dont agree with is when our council and others including the government pump money in banks abroad and then lose out..why should joe bloggs have to pay out twice...

also dont agree with nhs paying for ppl who come here to have operations...the nhs was designed as care for all in the uk..not for other countries to take it for granted and abuse it...this takes resources away from ppl who work and live here and have payed into the tax system...

it is not the fault of the ordinary working man or woman for the state of the economy...it is the greedy politicians and leacherous bankers who have made the mistakes and yet ordinary joe bloggs cops the shit for it...

remember it our money....yes the publics...and the public have the right to demonstrate on where there money is going....

whether it is a protest in stanlow..or a protest in downing street..it doesnt matter...what does matter is that the public is making a stand...the mouse is beginning to find its voice...
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 15th Feb 2011 11:33pm
^^^^^ what a lovely statement smile
Posted By: Danny888 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 15th Feb 2011 11:38pm
whether it is a protest in stanlow..or a protest in downing street..it doesnt matter...what does matter is that the public is making a stand...the mouse is beginning to find its voice...

Why not protest in Birkenhead Park? Or perhaps in the Aldi in Rock Ferry?

Whilst I may grumble at fuel prices, they wont alter (Remember this big deficit we have?) but the real 'bee in my bonnet' is why the hell Stanlow is always targeted - Its merely a cog that makes a product that the government taxes heavily.

Would you 'protest' at L&B or Marlborough factorys? We also know the government taxes them alot yet when people do complain about the price of 'smokes' they dont entertain the factorys, they go straight to the decision makers a'la Downing Street.
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 15th Feb 2011 11:40pm
ty al

also on the subject of public services....i dont agree with police time being wasted on the football field...the clubs should pay for the security in their own grounds ...lets face it they get enough from season tickets, sales , merchandising etc...
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 15th Feb 2011 11:49pm
Football clubs do have to pay for the policing and its not cheap, that's why quite a lot of teams have increased the number of stewards and reduced the amount of police required.
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 15th Feb 2011 11:52pm
digg whether they are paid or not...they should be out catching criminals, not looking at the crowd whilst a load of idiots kick a ball about....this is from a womans perspective on how public services should be used btw lol x
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 16th Feb 2011 12:11am
Originally Posted by Danny888
[quote=rocketqueen]whether it is a protest in stanlow..or a protest in downing street..it doesnt matter...what does matter is that the public is making a stand...the mouse is beginning to find its voice...

Why not protest in Birkenhead Park? Or perhaps in the Aldi in Rock Ferry?

Whilst I may grumble at fuel prices, they wont alter (Remember this big deficit we have?) but the real 'bee in my bonnet' is why the hell Stanlow is always targeted - Its merely a cog that makes a product that the government taxes heavily.

watch this and then ask me y stanlow

Posted By: Danny888 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 16th Feb 2011 12:21am
What a load of tosh!

Of that '£2 odd' the Oil Companies get, how much do you think does to Stanlow? A fraction, because Stanlow dont have their own rigs etc

Your really barking up the wrong tree. If you believe that video, of the £10 paid for fuel, £2 odd is going to retrieve the oil (costly) and refine it.

I can hand on heart tell you Stanlow made roughly 250k from PETROL last year, the real money maker is other oil products they refine from the crude oil - There is NO money in petrol from a refinery point of view - This is taken from a family member that is 'high up in the hierachy' at Stanlow.

*** Just to add, go bother Cameron if your that upset, your video says 2/3 of the money went to him.
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 16th Feb 2011 12:28am
YOUR entitled to your opinion danny,,, keep fillin ya car up m8 it aint a problem with me ....
Posted By: davew3 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 16th Feb 2011 1:19am
My opinion,/rant Labour were voted in 3 times one of the first things they did apart from making 16 the legal age for homosexuals,they stopped building motorways and upped fuel tax with the Greens cheering them on,they even tried to bring in road pricing and a million people told them to get stuffed, when they tried it in Manchester with a referendum plus £3 billion of bribery it was thrown out,who ever voted Labour in gave them permission to up the prices by voting them in,it's your fault for not reading there policies,if you voted Labour and your going on this protest why?,yes and no gets a bit confusing,we are now bankrupt because of Labour and the chances for any morsal of taxes going down in the next 3 years is near zero,that's if the coalition lasts,the 5th year will bring some hope of bribery,Stanlow is not the place for protest,it's the mp's you want to talk to,you pay their wages and you want help and if they don't, raise hell on the blogs,Twitter,tv and the newspapers be seen and be heard,refinery protests are old hat. but good luck anyway /rant over
Posted By: Anonymous Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 17th Feb 2011 1:05am
YOUR entitled to your opinion danny,,, keep fillin ya car up m8 it aint a problem with me ....

Some of us have no choice but to fill our cars up. I use my car for getting to work every day as there is no direct bus service and also for family holidays. I can't afford foreign holidays or even a passport and using my car for our hols is surely better than the amount of fuel an aeroplane uses!
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 18th Feb 2011 9:14am
7 DAYS AND COUNTING ....

ENOUGH FUEL ????
Posted By: polo_phil Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 18th Feb 2011 9:41am
why are you trying to make everyone panic buy? That's just going to make fuel prices/availability worse.
You are crazy stop wasting your time.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 18th Feb 2011 9:46am
7 DAYS AND COUNTING ....

ENOUGH FUEL ????

I have to fill my car up every 7 days - where would you suggest I put this excess fuel???? confused

Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 18th Feb 2011 9:47am
PANIC BUY ??? YOUR CHOICE not mine !
Posted By: Danny888 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 18th Feb 2011 9:49am
...because 20 cars driving in circles at low speed will bring the country to a hault......
Posted By: polo_phil Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 18th Feb 2011 9:54am

Your telling everyone to fill up like there will be no fuel available for a while as a result of your fantastic protest?...

I'm confused as to what you're trying to achieve...
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 18th Feb 2011 4:03pm

You have lost any credibility you may ever have had on here. How do you expect to get the public on your side adopting that cocky attitude and coming across as a trolling idiot.
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 18th Feb 2011 5:37pm
no pre warning then next time !
Posted By: mrhanky Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 18th Feb 2011 9:17pm

can i ask, and please don't think i'm having a dig, but are you some sort of simpleton?

do you honestly think a protest at stanlow will make any difference?

you have to agree that a protest at fuel prices that involves people driving wasting fuel is a bit...tries to think of word to adequately describe the futility...erm, well you know the score.

i've got £500 that says there will be no fuel shortage as a result of anything that happens at stanlow on the 25th.

would you care to put your money where your mouth is?

please do as £500 would last me for about a month in petrol in my car wink
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 18th Feb 2011 10:02pm
I don't know how many times I have to say this ....

IT HAS WORKED IN THE PAST!!!!
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 18th Feb 2011 10:10pm
Originally Posted by mrhanky

can i ask, and please don't think i'm having a dig, but are you some sort of simpleton?

you have to agree that a protest at fuel prices that involves people driving wasting fuel is a bit...tries to think of word to adequately describe the futility...erm, well you know the score.

i've got £500 that says there will be no fuel shortage as a result of anything that happens at stanlow on the 25th.

listen we can argue the toss about all points, i am not after glory i am 1 of the millions out of pocket every week thanks to fat cat bankers and goverment taxes ! i am simply drawing attention to the GREAT british public that WE arent happy ! it is obviously a popular topic if you look at the replies and views .
We would also like to apologise for any disruption it causes
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 18th Feb 2011 10:18pm
I really don't understand the negativity against someone that is prepared to get of his chair and do something.

I also don't understand the reason for personal insults instead of respect.
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 18th Feb 2011 10:28pm
I dont mind people having a dig at me . each to there own , im just trying to help people by hinting things
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 18th Feb 2011 10:51pm
hello dont let negativity put you off people like you are few and far between keep up the good work well done
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 18th Feb 2011 10:54pm
I dont mind people having a dig at me . each to there own , im just trying to help people by hinting things
TBH I don't like seeing people being so rude and ignorant (in the correct usage of the word - not an insult).

I notice FFA have threatened bigger fuel protests this year than those in 2000 - the more the rumbles the more chance of being heard.
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 18th Feb 2011 11:20pm
farmers will be with us and thats a promise
Posted By: mrhanky Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 18th Feb 2011 11:30pm

listen we can argue the toss about all points, i am not after glory i am 1 of the millions out of pocket every week thanks to fat cat bankers and goverment taxes ! i am simply drawing attention to the GREAT british public that WE arent happy ! it is obviously a popular topic if you look at the replies and views .
We would also like to apologise for any disruption it causes

that's the thing though, it wont cause any disruption.
if there was a protest organised that would do any good then i would join in, just look at how the french protest wink

Posted By: davew3 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 18th Feb 2011 11:32pm
Problem hinting about things,someone could take exeption to what your commenting on, and take it as threats the next thing you know you get a knock on the door,so please be careful how you hint,I'm not getting at you,I think the way your doing it is out of date,plod is in control and you lose backing,people won't get off their behinds but can be used if they have a PC,get the usual no10 petition going and email all 640 mp's and remind them it's your taxes that keep them in comfort,remind the local MP's that May 6th has a referendum as well as local voting and find out if they are on the no or the yes side,use them, but I couldn't say if necessary dig the dirt on them as that would be wrong of me,otherwise enjoy your heavily taxed fuel drive around the newly owned Stanlow Refinary.
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 18th Feb 2011 11:35pm
pc plods been knockin on me door since 1st protest
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 19th Feb 2011 9:35am
Originally Posted by mrhanky

mrhanky thats a very submissive attitude to have For someone who spends £500 in fuel a month .. Now either you have more money then sense or what was it you were saying about simpletons?? Whats your problem? Dude its just another fuel protest like many in the past sending a message to those in Government we dont like it and to take a reality check ASAP
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 19th Feb 2011 10:19am
raftl love it, carry on girls, this is good laugh
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 19th Feb 2011 10:26am
I don't know how many times I have to say this ....

IT HAS WORKED IN THE PAST!!!!

What I would actually like you or one of the other supporters to say is how exactly will this protest make me need to fill my tank up?. Exactly what logic is being applied here?. I suspect its a case of try and spread a few false rumours to try and cause panic.
I don't like the price of fuel either nor do I object to people protesting in what they believe in I just don't like they way its being executed using threats. Perhaps they need to sack Alpachino and get a new pr man.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 19th Feb 2011 12:27pm
The objective is to reduce the price of petrol to the consumer.

I haven't noticed threats from Alpuchino, but I have seen a lot of needless abuse thrown in his direction.

If too much traffic converges on Stanlow there may be congestion which may cause a fuel supply problem.

I think Alpucino using a bit of gamesmanship/stratedy to increase the effectiveness of the protest and cause the petrol companies a bit of chaos in their supply planning.

Basically if loads of people fill up before the protest, then the amount of tanker movement will increase so any disruption will be magnified. There are other stretegical advantages ass well - but I wouldn't want to give too much away.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 19th Feb 2011 12:40pm
I'm not surprised mr pachinos getting threats, if there's a short supply of petrol due to his game playing (just to save 2 pence on fuel) people aren't gonna be happy. It will be more of an inconvenience.
Oh well, good luck on your quest Capone wink
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 19th Feb 2011 5:40pm
just a quick quote

Shell spokesman Edward Brady said: “I wouldn’t like to speculate on the impact of another protest.

“The demonstrators are not protesting against Shell. They are making a point about fuel duty, which is a government matter.”

in the local paper

thankyou
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 19th Feb 2011 6:17pm
I really don't understand the negativity against someone that is prepared to get of his chair and do something.

I also don't understand the reason for personal insults instead of respect.

agree with dd and others, the rudeness displayed to al is appalling....

well done al for doing something about this....

its about time ppl in this country did something about the greedy fat cats instead of being armchair whingers....
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 19th Feb 2011 8:30pm
Filled up one of the cars today,£65! withthat
Posted By: Sanchez Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 20th Feb 2011 12:02pm
Last year my van cost £55 max to fill from empty. This year it now costs my £70..... Thats A very hi increase of inflation. Here check out this vid, it'll explain whats goin on..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-QA2rkpBSY&feature=player_embedded

Posted By: KevinFinity Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 20th Feb 2011 12:24pm
Mine costs £85 but that lasts a month.
I agree that the amount of duty paid on fuel takes the p**s but the county is in debt up to its eyeballs, the government can't afford to reduce the duty and if they did they would make it up elsewhere. On top of that the supplies of oil are diminishing and becoming harder thus more expensive to get out the ground. Demand for oil is rapidly increasing as country's like India and China develop which is driving up the price further. People need accept that the days of cheap fuel are over. If you don't like it, go and buy a Gwhizz. laugh
Posted By: MattLFC Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 21st Feb 2011 10:07am
There is logic behind what you say Kev, if the government we to reduce the duty, the demand for fuel in the UK would increase, which would further increase the already high market price of oil.

The market price for Opec for instance, today, stands at a shade over $99 a barrel... the price in at the beginning of 2011 was $88 a barrel, and the price has been rising since July last year. As the world economy emerges from recession/downturn, the demand is only, for the mostpart, going to increase, and thus the price will follow it up.

More demand from the UK will inevitably have an adverse effect over the market price of oil. Every time the price goes up another penny at the pump, do you honestly think that it is just the government adding another penny? No, for every penny increase in the price of oil, it is usually the price of a barrel going up by a dollar or so.

The government take 58p per lite fuel duty + VAT. I paid 130.9 per litre yesterday for Esso's finest derv lol, so it works out at 50.13p per litre, when you consider oil prices are circa 6 weeks ahead of the retail price you pay at the pump, there is approx another 5p to be added to the cost by the end of next month, of which the government will generate a further 1p in VAT. Then the price of fuel, will actually almost be at parity with the price of duty.

Fuel duty brings in around £30billion per year for the government, with the added VAT generating a further £5 billion or so, at the 20% level. So if we scrap VAT on its own, thats the same level of "emergency" cuts (or efficiency savings lol) that so many people were up in arms about last May - and it would still be £1.10 per litre (and increasing)! If we halve the duty on fuel, then after taking into consideration less VAT income, thats £16billion or so the economy loses out on.

IThe price of duty would have to be halved to take the retail price back down to crica £1.00, which would be pushed up anyway by a rise in oil prices. Then the economy would be losing out on £16 billion, and the price would still eventually hit the levels we are at now, as global demand for oil, particuarly in the East, increases.

There is two problems with a reduction in duty... A. I want you to explain to me where the country is supposed to generate another £16billion in income, if it were that simple to wipe one tax out and generate the money elsewhere, then don't you think the government would be generating the income elsewhere anyway, given the shit we are in? And B. you need to realise the west no longer has control of the worlds oil supplies and/or its market price. The dominant player now is China, and the rest of Asia, if demand in India and China increases, which it will, then the price of oil will continue to soar, $2.00 a barrel is probably only 18 - 36 months away, maybe a few petitions to Opec and the like will help matters more than the government, considering how it is the Opec nations who cut the output of oil by a few million barrels a day whenever they feel the price has gone a bit too low, or Saudi Arabia want a bit more money to invest in national projects etc...

The fuel duty is high, but it generates a lot of income for the government, the loss of which, would inevitably lead to either further cuts in public services, or tax increases elsewhere to offset the loss. We will pay for it one way or another, there is no question about that. And the price of duty should no longer be a real concern, the real concern is the market price of oil, as this is the key factor in the rise of pump prices nowadays, the days when a significant or rapid rise at the pumps was usually a result of a duty increase are over, it will usually be as a result of either global demand or price-fixing by the oil-producing nations in future.

The truth of the matter is, oil is a fuel source that should have been replaced a long time ago, by a more renewable or at least man-makeable fuel (such as Biodisel or electric) so we can have control over own energy - as it is, we are too late, and we will simply all have to pay whats expected at the pump. If, for the rest of this parliament, the duty was frozen at todays level or even lowered to offset future rises in VAT income on fuel retail pricing, the price of fuel is still likely to increase to near the the £2.00 per litre level by the end of the current parliament.

So learn to deal with it, you can't afford the fuel, use ya legs, you can't afford the prices of goods in the shops, tough luck im afraid. As for an isolated protest at Stanlow suddenly causing problems for UK fuel supplies... don't make me laugh!! The protest is a joke, and the organiser seems a bit of a joker, or a dreamer at least, he/she reminds me of a child with a new toy, over-enthusiastic, but ultimately the novelty will wear off. The lack of organisation and scale means the "protest" mood will inevitably wear off, especially once the outcome amounts to nothing.

Why an isolated protest once a month? If you wanted to get noticed, a protest every day and night of the week would be far better... or is there simply not the support for it? Or maybe, you have not thought it through properly, or bothered to spend a few minutes organising it? Throwing up a group on Facebook does not amount to an "action group", and any credible protest should be thoroughly organised, with clear tactics, aims and objectives - and thus far, ive seen nothing to demonstrate the OP even has the intelligence to do this - no offence, thats simply how the OP comes across on the thread, like a dog with a bone, not much sense or credible argument being made, just rabbiting on and on about how big this protest is going to be and how we should all be prepared for fuel Armageddon... get a grip ffs!
Posted By: mrhanky Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 21st Feb 2011 9:57pm
well said matt wink
Posted By: andyamf Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 22nd Feb 2011 4:09am
hello,
i am with you lot all the way, but i have a point to make.
i have been living in california for the last 10 years, with twice yearly visits back here, and there is a real difference in petrol price over there.
when oil hit $145 a barrel, a gallon of unleaded went from $2.20 to $4.50 a us gallon, then when it went back down the fuel price followed. Both prices doubled and halved after. even if you take tax increases into account, it doesn't calculate over here.
of course the government has increased tax and vat, not helping, but it is the oil companies that are to blame for this whole mess. they don't reduce the price of fuel when the price of oil decreases.
the whole of europe has had a decrease in fuel price of over 4% as oil decreased in value since the new year, ours has increased, work it out, the tax increase makes it worse, but the oil companies are the enemy here now.
someone work it out, when oil was 145 dollars a barrel how much was a litre back in 2008? now oil is 100, how much is it now?
who is the money going to if it goes back to $145, i think you will find it is the oil companies, more than the tax man.
andy
ps tax should not go up and tax shouldn't have vat on it. don't punish drivers!
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 24th Feb 2011 6:07pm
ROUTE ....

LEAVE LORRY PARK HEAD TOWARDS M53 ON THE A5117, 2ND TURNOFF ON M53 ROUNDABOUT..
NEXT ROUNDABOUT 2ND TURNOFF(RIGHT)
TOWARDS CHESHIRE OAKS
CHESHIRE OAKS ROUNDABOUT TURN LEFT (1ST TURNING)
APPROACH ANOTHER ROUNDABOUT TURN RIGHT ( 2ND TURN OFF )
YOU ARE NOW ON STANNEY LANE ... DRIVE TOWARDS CROSSROADS LIGHTS (WHERE THE POLICE STATION WILL BE ON YOUR LEFT)
TURN RIGHT AT POLICE STATION HEADING TOWARDS TOWN CENTRE .. HEAD STRAIGHT ON OVER WESTMINSTER BRIDGE TOWARDS BOAT MUSUEM ROUNDABOUT
2ND TURN OFF ON ROUNDABOUT TOWARDS OIL SITES ROAD ...

itv bbc etc will be there
Posted By: Danny888 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 24th Feb 2011 6:20pm
ROUTE ....

Will they shite.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 24th Feb 2011 6:28pm
Let the games begin eh? smirk
[Linked Image]
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 24th Feb 2011 6:35pm
^^^^ nice 1
Posted By: davew3 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 24th Feb 2011 6:48pm
Went to Mold market yesterday and we always go into the garage by the roundabout at New Brighton so yesterday up to the roundabout and there was a queue round the roundabout waiting to go into the garage all the pumps were full,I thought that you had kicked off,but it turned out some idiot woman in a sports car was blocking the way in to the pumps, she was waiting for a one pump to clear she wouldn't move even when the other pumps started to clear, we got passed her and got fuel, but going back to the roundabout the panic had set in, the road was packed from New Brighton to the roundabout and into the garage,so maybe people are ready to be spooked. laugh
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 24th Feb 2011 6:58pm
pmsl ....maybe people will realise tomorrow how serious we are
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 25th Feb 2011 9:46am
The day has arrived. Good Luck to all taking part on our behalf.
Thankyou.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 25th Feb 2011 10:07am
What time should we start to run out of fuel today then?...

Half the diesel pumps were off at Tesco the other day when I went to fill up the truck... not because you said to but because I needed to as my 5p off a litre voucher was due to expire and Troops was thirsty...
Posted By: alpacino9 Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 26th Feb 2011 10:57am
well done to all shell was blocked for 5 hours and 8/10 tankers stopped
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 26th Feb 2011 1:30pm
well done to all shell was blocked for 5 hours and 8/10 tankers stopped

Any casualties?

smile
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 26th Feb 2011 5:04pm
Stanlow is just about to be sold by Shell to the Indian company Essar.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 26th Feb 2011 7:07pm
Stanlow is just about to be sold by Shell to the Indian company Essar.
IS that your answer to the 'Any casualties?' question? smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 26th Feb 2011 8:51pm

Shame it must have been so shite, that neither of them have thought it worth even a mention on their website, news bulletins etc...

Oh, can't see anything on the local websites either, yet plenty of news stories posted today on them?!
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 27th Feb 2011 10:04am
withthat

If I never read about it on here I would have not know anything about it.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 27th Feb 2011 10:12am
Originally Posted by baldybrewer
withthat

If I never read about it on here I would have not know anything about it.
withthat
Posted By: Sanchez Re: STANLOW FUEL PROTEST 25th Feb - 27th Feb 2011 10:39am
like I said earlier, waste of time. And no, I dont have any better ideas either frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral