Forums
Posted By: Weeman Mercian Regiment (Cheshire) 9th Nov 2010 - 31st Oct 2010 8:56pm
THE 1st Battalion The Mercian Regiment (Cheshire) Homecoming March
Tuesday 9th November 2010 in Birkenhead

[Linked Image]
THE 1st Battalion The Mercian Regiment (Cheshire) is back in the UK after a demanding six-month tour of duty in Helmand province.

The battalion suffered 12 fatalities including Pte Dougie Halliday from Birkenhead and Pte Alex Isaac from Eastham. When the Battalion is complete in early November it will be visiting Wirral and Cheshire to carry out a series of Homecoming Marches.

On Tuesday 9th November, they will be stepping off from Birkenhead Park at 2.45pm and marching through the main shopping streets of Birkenhead before making their way via Europa Boulevard to Hamilton Square where they will salute the Mayor around 3pm.

Posted By: hoseman Re: Mercian Regiment (Cheshire) 9th Nov 2010 - 1st Nov 2010 6:34am
Nice website weeman, very informative about RTR
ty for the info weeman.....i hope birkenhead will come out in force x
Posted By: Wench Re: Mercian Regiment (Cheshire) 9th Nov 2010 - 1st Nov 2010 7:16pm
Just as an add on, the Mercians have asked for the local representatives for Help for Heroes to be there to raise funds for this very worthwhile charity.

I will be there, along with the other local H4H Reps to show our respect and support to 1 Mercian and to collect donations.

It's a great honour to be involved in this so it would be lovely to see the people of the Wirral coming out to show their support too.

Welcome Home 1 Mercian!!
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Mercian Regiment (Cheshire) 9th Nov 2010 - 2nd Nov 2010 3:58pm
Hi Weeman,Listening to Roger Philips on radio merseyside today I'm sure some guy said that the parade was starting at the Cole street park entrance at 12.30.I'm confused and wouldn't want to miss it!
Posted By: Weeman Re: Mercian Regiment (Cheshire) 9th Nov 2010 - 2nd Nov 2010 4:09pm
Well I got my info from the Wirral Gov website (http://www.wirral.gov.uk/news/27-10-2010/1st-battalion-mercian-regiment-cheshire ) and also a few other websites.
I will check and get back to yea .
Posted By: Weeman Re: Mercian Regiment (Cheshire) 9th Nov 2010 - 2nd Nov 2010 6:47pm
Have just been in touch with Council and it is 14:45 and they will be in touch with the radio station to make sure they give out the correct times.
This happened with the 1 RTR parade in Liverpool with someone on that radio station giving out the wrong times.
Hope that clears that up and thanks for letting me know about the station giving out in-correct times.
Posted By: Helles Re: Mercian Regiment (Cheshire) 9th Nov 2010 - 2nd Nov 2010 8:17pm
Originally Posted by hoseman

Looks good but why the need to register just to look at photographs?
Posted By: Weeman Re: Mercian Regiment (Cheshire) 9th Nov 2010 - 2nd Nov 2010 8:34pm
Originally Posted by Helles
Originally Posted by hoseman

Looks good but why the need to register just to look at photographs?

I`m currently repairing my Gallery and put the lock on while I did and I wasn`t aware any of was still protected, just had alook and I haven`t took that off yet, so give me a few Minutes and i`ll remove it.
Cheers for letting me Know.
Posted By: Weeman Re: Mercian Regiment (Cheshire) 9th Nov 2010 - 2nd Nov 2010 8:36pm
Ok have another look.
Posted By: Wench Re: Mercian Regiment (Cheshire) 9th Nov 2010 - 3rd Nov 2010 4:06pm
I've just had the official route given to me.

It will start at the south east corner of Birkenhead Park at 1445, go along Park Drive, South Claughton Road, Grange Road West, through the shopping centre, Claughton Road, Conway Street, Europa Boulevard, Price Street and end at Hamilton Square at 1500.

If anyone wants any further details, feel free to ask.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral