Forums
Posted By: PeteC The Great Tour - 14th Aug 2010 12:53pm
"The Great Tour national cycling event will visit Neston and Parkgate this weekend.

Cyclist are following a 6,500km route along every kilometre of British coastline accessible by bike.

The tour started on 3 July in Seaton, Devon, and has followed an anti-clockwise route around Britain, aiming to finish in Seaton on 4 September.

It will be passing through Parkgate and Neston on Sunday, 15 August , at approximately 1545BST.

The cyclists will ride along the Parade before carrying on to Neston Cricket Club and will depart for Conwy on Monday 16 August.

For more information visit The Great Tour website. "
http://www.thegreattour.org/

NB/ This isn't quite correct - they are only skimming the coast, not following it exactly.
Posted By: PeteC Re: The Great Tour - 14th Aug 2010 12:57pm
Still can't figure out the calendar function dunno
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: The Great Tour - 14th Aug 2010 1:46pm
When you start a new thread, there is a tick box at the bottom of the post that lets you "link" it to the calendar - don't forget to put the date in next to the tick box.

You can do it backwards from the calendar, but I find that more messing around and not as tidy.
Posted By: Capt_America Re: The Great Tour - 14th Aug 2010 7:33pm
How many cyclists?
Posted By: PeteC Re: The Great Tour - 14th Aug 2010 10:39pm
Originally Posted by Capt_America
How many cyclists?

That's a very good question, you would think that would be on their website, wouldn't you. I found out on another website that said each sponsor had to put forward 25 cyclists, and there are about 30 logos on the caravan. That would make about 750 cyclists altogether. That doesn't sound right does it? Also in the pictures, you can only see about 25 cyclists (co-incidentally).

I tried both methods for adding this to the calendar - there was no link to it at the bottom of the thread, and when I tried to add it the other way it only gave me the option of putting a 'private' calendar entry on.

Edit: Thanks Robbo - now linked
© Wirral-Wikiwirral