Forums
Posted By: IllegalWirralien Out On A Limb Private View - 9th Jul 2010 10:28am
Thursday 29th July
5.30pm – 7.00pm
The Queen’s Hotel, 1 Park Road East, Birkenhead.

You are invited to the private view of Out On A Limb, a visual art and creative writing project. Since April, Wirral artist Elaine Speight and novelist Jenn Ashworth have been working with eight participants from the area: Doreen Etes, Louise Jones, Barbara Lamb, Jensen Wilder, Robbe Law, Keith Szlamp, Margaret Stocker and Dot Phillips, to produce new fictional stories based in the Wirral. Each writer has developed their story on an individual blog and a new interactive website will be launched at the event to host all of the stories and encourage other people to contribute their own tales of the Wirral.

The event will take place on Thursday 29th July between 5.30pm and 7.00pm at the Queen's Hotel, 1 Park Road East, Birkenhead. There will be an opportunity to view the website and listen to some of the writers read their stories. Wine and other refreshments will be provided and there will also be a chance to view "Mapping Memories", a short film about Tranmere, Birkenhead, Seacombe and Rock Ferry made by Barbara Lamb.

To RSVP, please e-mail Elaine at [email protected] (please note that she will be away until 20th July). For more information about the project please visit www.outonalimbwirral.net.

Out On A Limb has been commissioned by Liverpool Biennial and New Heartlands as part of the Art for Places scheme.
Posted By: Artymum Re: Out On A Limb Private View - 20th Jul 2010 10:41pm
Will be a really interesting night I'm sure - good luck smile
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Out On A Limb Private View - 20th Jul 2010 11:00pm
sounds go to me but cant get there till 6 gutted! good luck!
Posted By: IllegalWirralien Re: Out On A Limb Private View - 26th Jul 2010 8:12am
Hi Trancentral, sorry for the delay (I've been away), but if you want to join us on Thursday, 6pm's fine. We probably won't start until around that time anyway.

Hope to see you there!
Posted By: IllegalWirralien Re: Out On A Limb Private View - 26th Jul 2010 8:14am
Hi Summer01, hope you can make it along on Thursday. It would be good to see you meet you!
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Out On A Limb Private View - 26th Jul 2010 7:59pm
Originally Posted by IllegalWirralien
Hi Trancentral, sorry for the delay (I've been away), but if you want to join us on Thursday, 6pm's fine. We probably won't start until around that time anyway.

Hope to see you there!
see you there then bud!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Out On A Limb Private View - 26th Jul 2010 8:56pm
Pencilled in. Confirm thursday.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral