Forums
Posted By: thought Wellington School Reunion - passing the message. - 31st Jan 2010 11:02pm
Hope you dont mind me passing this on, and please can people let others know.....

If you know of someone who was a student at Wellington school on the Wirral before it got knocked down, please pass the word. We have ended up all around the world, but as many as possible would be good!

Dan can be found on facebook, as can “Wellington School Bebington” but if you want me to act as go between, just let me know!

Dan Smith 22 January at 12:15 Reply
Hi all,

I’ve booked the Birkenhead Cricket Club function room / pavillion for:

Friday 25th June. 6pm – midnight.

http://bpcc.play-cricket.com/content/view.asp?id=10226341&cid=202

I hope this date is fine for everyone.

In answer to a few questions:

Kids are welcome, as long as they are supervised. Plenty of room to play outside on the cricket field too.

Dress code.. shall we say smart-casual?

The music will not be banging all night, the volume will be monitored & always appropriate. The room that we’ll be using is long… from the dancefloor area through the function room, to the foyer, exit and outside, so plenty of areas to chat, inside and out.

I’m gonna put together a playlist of good music.. 60s, 70s, 80s & 90s eclectic groove based. Turntables will be there, so if anyone needs to DJ then feel free to bring your tunes (Vinyl or MP3). I probably wont get on the decks myself as this has been my job for the last 13 years every Friday & Saturday night, so I’d much rather catch up with a lot of my old pals.

more stuff to sort out..

Had a couple of offers to help with food. I’d much rather keep the budget down, so would rather not get caterers in. How about if people make / buy & bring a dish each???
Anything buffet style.. crisps & dips etc?
Let me know.

As I’m Manchester based, would anyone be up for popping down to the venue asap to formerly secure this date?
To avoid losing our slot, they just need someone to sign a booking form in person. No deposit required.
Eileen is the venue manager, she’s there Fri & Sat from 5pm, or Tues to Thurs from 6pm. Please let me know if anyone can help here.

I’ll put a couple of notices in the local Wirral press, say April / May?

OK, that’s all for now folks, any questions or thoughts just message me.

Looking forward to it!

Regards,

Dan.

Thanks Thought !
I had a look round that years after it shut in about 1996, it still had loads of books and desks still in it.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral