Forums
Posted By: Brocks Liverpool Santa Dash 09 or I've been Stitched! - 2nd Dec 2009 12:35pm
Last January I had a knee op. Soon after I joked that I could do the Santa Dash now with my bionic knee.....Last night my Brother in law knocks on the door and presents me with a santa suit, sponsorship form and so on.....For use THIS SUNDAY 6th.

So I have 48 hours or so to prepare for a 5k run in Liverpool...I had to give up hockey a few years ago so I haven't run for ages.

HEEEELLLPPP!!!!
Sorry i can't help but 5k for first run, the paramedics will help you. raftl
I figure if I get to the front for the start...I can get away with a brisk walk and still not finish last! wink
Or sneak in to the crowd near the end, who's going to shout at Santa.
Well I survived LOL. I won't be going to London in 2012. Much as I wanted to take the 50D with me I decided i had enough ballast already. So I used the wife's Olympus point and shoot so appologies for the quality!

1 K in and the roads were red with some blue blemishes :lol:

[Linked Image]

At the halfway stage I wasn't last!

[Linked Image]

I even got a free bottle of water at the end!

[Linked Image]

this was my favourate moment though. This little chap was about 5 floors up a tower block. I could see his eyes bulging from ground level. The thought of 7000 Santas must have had some impact!

[Linked Image]

Just on a personal note, I know 5k isn't much but this time last year my knee was so bad it would dislocate walking round the shops. I had been forced to give up most of my sports and I haven't run for around 3 years! Getting up and down stairs was always a worry. Having had the surgery in January and now managing to do this I do feel is a little triumph. My knee is solid...Pity about the rest of me :lol:
Posted By: Razzi Re: Liverpool Santa Dash 09 or I've been Stitched! - 7th Dec 2009 11:04am
Gotta say ....

WEll DONE YOU!

smile
Well done! What an achievment.
looks mad all them Santa's on the run well done?
Now that would be a good time for the robbers to visit pykes the jewelers in Santa costumes smile
Well done!! I saw a friends photos on facebook and all those santas did look impressive, that little fella woulda have loved it bigtime!!
Well done smile
Thanks peeps, I just hope the little lad hasn't suffered damage....Afterall there is on one REAL Santa! wink
Big Bravo Zulu to you Brocks.
Loved seeing the Blue Nosed Santa's in blue suits in the newspaper pics. It's a matter of principal, brilliant.

thumbsup

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Liverpool Santa Dash 09 or I've been Stitched! - 7th Dec 2009 1:48pm
well done Brocks. Nice pic of the kid in the flat!
Well done clap clap
© Wirral-Wikiwirral