Forums
Posted By: spider RC model flying @ Arrowe park, Sun 20th Sept - 17th Sep 2009 3:25pm
The wirral radio control flying club are holding a flyin this Sunday 20/9/09 at Arrow park behind the hospital,starts around 11am.
This is when most of the club members will meet and have a fun day flying with competitions etc,should be some nice planes and a jet or two turning up.This is not a public flying show[due to insurance details] but people are welcome to watch as it is in a public park and the members dont mind at all.Please watch out for any safty ropes etc,keep an eye on the kids and keep your dog on a lead as the props hurt there noses.Just hope the weather holds out and every one has a nice day
did this not happen every sunday years ago because i remember it happening as i used to fish there a lot as a nipper
Posted By: spider Re: RC model flying @ Arrowe park, Sun 20th Sept - 17th Sep 2009 9:04pm
The club has been in Arrowe for about 40years,they fly there most weekends and during the week,Tuesday and Thurday are electric planes only[give the hospital a rest]weather permitting,this sunday is a fun fly held once a year as a sort of get together for comps and they give out cups,shields,and certificates.The last few years the weather has not been too kind and it has been a wash out,this year looks far more promising says the met office,so fingers crossed.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: RC model flying @ Arrowe park, Sun 20th Sept - 17th Sep 2009 10:29pm
Could be interesting to pop down cheers for posting it.

smile
i think i may pop down to smile

© Wirral-Wikiwirral