Forums
Posted By: spider 5th Sept: Airbus A380 & more @ Broughton - 2nd Sep 2009 3:47pm
This may interest some of you...Airbus uk are holding a family day at the Broughton plant near Chester this week on Saturday 5th September 2009.I am sorry to say that only ticket holders can get in the Factory...But there is good parking around at the shopping centre Broughton near Tesco,s to see whats on offer in the Air..The big double decker A380 is going to do a fly past possibly with the Red Arrows flankng it and also not to be missed is the one and only Vulcan bomber that is still able to fly.

The times I am not sure of but look at this site and it may help - www.airbus-familydays.com the login is airbus and the password is familydays....

Please dont hold me responsable for any changes airbus uk does.

I am just trying to give you a chance to see the great planes again..Any one who seen the A380 at New Brighton last year,this weighs 550 tons 80 metre wingspan carries up to about 850 passengers and is the biggest passenger plane in the world..not to be missed.

I hope it is ok using these photos

Attached picture airbus-a380.jpg
Attached picture a380sing.jpg
Posted By: spider Re: 5th Sept: Airbus A380 & more @ Broughton - 2nd Sep 2009 4:04pm
The flying displays are from 1pm till 4pm dont know what order or any times ..sorry
Times:-

East Factory Tour (A320/A330/340 wings) 09:00 - 11:00
West Factory Tour (A380 Wings) 09:00 - 13:00
Field events West Factory 12:00 - 17:00
Flying Display 13:00 - 16:00

Each of those engines on the A380 is around the size of an Easyjet Fuselage (A319), just to put the size of the aircraft in perspective.
I'm also lead to believe that there should be a Beluga take off or landing at some point.

EDIT: There is a full overview in the 'programs' area of the web site.
Posted By: spider Re: 5th Sept: Airbus A380 & more @ Broughton - 5th Sep 2009 6:01pm
Just got back from the Airbus airshow,No complaints what so ever,loads to do and the variety of planes was great,Passenger A380,Baluga,Vulcan bomber,Russian Yaks,Hunters,Provost,3 Provost bomber Skymasters,Viper,2 Stearman wing walkers,Mustang,2 Spitfires,Hurricane,Dacota,Kittyhawk,Red Arrow fly over,Red Devil parachute team,plus static planes.Hope they do it every year..would not miss it.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: 5th Sept: Airbus A380 & more @ Broughton - 5th Sep 2009 6:18pm
Didnt get there til 2 so missed a few frown

The vulcan was stunning omg Great video of that

Not impressed with the red arrows no was expecting a bit more than that.

Yeah, hope they do it again, would definately go again

Pics up later smile
Posted By: spider Re: 5th Sept: Airbus A380 & more @ Broughton - 6th Sep 2009 4:15am
I think red arrows where on there way to Duxford airshow,was a bit of a let down but the rest made up for it.Looking forward to seeing your pics,left my camera on the table at home,my brother took some though,will get copies off him soon.
Posted By: nickynocky Re: 5th Sept: Airbus A380 & more @ Broughton - 6th Sep 2009 10:51am
I took my Grandson and we had a great day! The weather was ok as I was told it had rained on the nocky.I saw Spider waving to all the pilots and getting a bit over excited.An oppertunity not to be missed if it is ever on again.The red arrows! I would of liked to have seen a bit more of them but how many people have seen the red arrows in a stack of ten, as there is usualy only nine
Posted By: minimad5 Re: 5th Sept: Airbus A380 & more @ Broughton - 6th Sep 2009 11:26am
Totally agree about the red arrows not being as good as expected, but hey it was free so i cant complain.
The vulcan OMG ! the sound from that made certain parts move
there was other planes a little later on (when everyone was gone) about half 4 / 5 o'clock.
But highlight of the day had to be the Vulcan
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: 5th Sept: Airbus A380 & more @ Broughton - 6th Sep 2009 7:13pm
Originally Posted by minimad5
The vulcan OMG ! the sound from that made certain parts move

But highlight of the day had to be the Vulcan

withthat

Yeah, I stayed a bit afterwards until all the traffic went and went towards the end of the runway and was amazed by a few that flew low overhead and how fast & loud they were grin
I am jealous, I went to numerous airshows with Vulcan's but I thought they would take it gentle with this one being so old and costing so much to keep it going.

For the uninitiated, the Vulcan bomber usually does a low level run with engines full throtle, nose up so as much weight as possible was sitting on the thrust of the engines, giving an amazingly slow horizontal speed. The ground vibrates, your body vibrates, everything vibrates and yet the Vulcan is like quarter of a mile away from you.

The eventual engines on the Vulcans were the intended four Bristol Olympus Turbojet, producing 20,000 pounds of thrust per engine - this equates to a total of about 30,000 bhp.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: 5th Sept: Airbus A380 & more @ Broughton - 6th Sep 2009 8:06pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
the Vulcan bomber usually does a low level run with engines full throtle, nose up so as much weight as possible was sitting on the thrust of the engines, giving an amazingly slow horizontal speed. The ground vibrates, your body vibrates, everything vibrates and yet the Vulcan is like quarter of a mile away from you.

It did exactly that, except it was about 150 metres away.

I was expecting my eardrums to burst it was that loud
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: 5th Sept: Airbus A380 & more @ Broughton - 6th Sep 2009 9:57pm
Pictures:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: 5th Sept: Airbus A380 & more @ Broughton - 6th Sep 2009 9:58pm
More Pictures:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Videos should be up in the next day or two smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: 5th Sept: Airbus A380 & more @ Broughton - 6th Sep 2009 10:01pm
Can anyone enlighten me on what these were:

[Linked Image]

and this was:

[Linked Image]

Because afterwards, they were awesome!!
Posted By: spider Re: 5th Sept: Airbus A380 & more @ Broughton - 7th Sep 2009 9:01am
WOW,Pictures are brillient,you have realy cought the planes in all there glory,you can almost hear the engines roar.I had a great day but I think you had a better one.Thanks for the pics you have captured the day perfectly.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: 5th Sept: Airbus A380 & more @ Broughton - 7th Sep 2009 9:58am
Good pics.

Told my brother about this. He lives in Saltney so went along... said it was really good...
Wanted to go myself but was watching the rally down New Brighton
everything Spider said with knobs on. "cheers"
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: 5th Sept: Airbus A380 & more @ Broughton - 7th Sep 2009 3:18pm
great pics Joe. Spider has a pic somewhere of a Vulcan doing a fly over on a parade. The pilot got a rollicking because he had a bit of a joke, he was low. The best live ones I ever saw were the Navy Buccaneer pilots, they were mad.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: 5th Sept: Airbus A380 & more @ Broughton - 7th Sep 2009 3:32pm
Originally Posted by nickynocky
I took my Grandson and we had a great day! The weather was ok as I was told it had rained on the nocky.I saw Spider waving to all the pilots and getting a bit over excited.An oppertunity not to be missed if it is ever on again.The red arrows! I would of liked to have seen a bit more of them but how many people have seen the red arrows in a stack of ten, as there is usualy only nine

Red 10 is the director or something like that, the boss. If Red 10 was with them they were probably enroute as you say and he was with them in his own kite.
Posted By: chriskay Re: 5th Sept: Airbus A380 & more @ Broughton - 7th Sep 2009 4:02pm
Originally Posted by BMW Joe
Can anyone enlighten me on what these were:

[Linked Image]

and this was:

[Linked Image]

Because afterwards, they were awesome!!

The twin boom job is a De Havilland Vampire (or could be a later development, the Venom.)
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: 5th Sept: Airbus A380 & more @ Broughton - 7th Sep 2009 4:59pm
Cheers Chris smile
Posted By: banksy Re: 5th Sept: Airbus A380 & more @ Broughton - 8th Sep 2009 5:58am
Good Morning, first post here, so please be kind!

Just to let you know that the aircraft featured above are the Team Viper (made up of 3 Strikemasters - a modicfication of Jet Provosts), and it was indeed the De Havilland Venom, this was flying in place of the Gloster Meteor which was due to take to the skies but was a little unwell!

The Vulcan was absolutely fantastic, and was delighted to see her fly over Chester again, just to give a heads up, it is pencilled in, but still not confirmed, that it will attend the Southport Airshow on 26/27th September.

I have a blog relating to the Vulcan, which I started last week, feel free to visit:

Vulcan Bomber Blog
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: 5th Sept: Airbus A380 & more @ Broughton - 8th Sep 2009 9:16am
Cheers Banksy and welcome smile

I'll definately be going to the Southport Airshow, especially if the Vulcan is there
Posted By: spider Re: 5th Sept: Airbus A380 & more @ Broughton - 8th Sep 2009 10:07pm
Here is the photo Bandycoot said the pilot got a ticking off for flying over the Top Brass..lol..The other is a pic in work of the front wheel off the A380..little Linde truck next to it.

Attached picture 06092009372.jpg
Attached picture 08092009375.jpg
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: 5th Sept: Airbus A380 & more @ Broughton - 9th Sep 2009 11:41am
Great pics Spider

I thougt it was small until I saw the truck lol

Bet everyone sh*t one with the vulcan that low!!
Posted By: banksy Re: 5th Sept: Airbus A380 & more @ Broughton - 21st Sep 2009 12:54pm
I can confirm that the Vulcan bomber will be flying at Southport, on Sunday 27th only, so fingers crossed the weather holds for it!

Check out the blog in my signature to keep updated this week for timings etc.

Cheers, Banksy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral