Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX The Big Lunch event-Seacombe 25th july - 24th Jul 2009 5:00pm
Part of the initiative to bring back community spirit!
Meet your neighbours and stuff your face.
Tomorrow 25th july. Noon- 4pm
St pauls church hall, church road, seacombe.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Big Lunch event-Seacombe - 24th Jul 2009 5:36pm
..and whilst they are in the street being a community the scumbags are breaking round the back into the empty houses!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: The Big Lunch event-Seacombe - 24th Jul 2009 6:28pm
last time they had something like this was the queens coronation i think.

Peeps are a lot busier with work commitments and what not these days.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The Big Lunch event-Seacombe - 24th Jul 2009 6:38pm
In 'theory' i think its a nice idea
Forum housing did one last week, market st, birkenhead. I know someone who went and enjoyed it.
'ours' not as well advertised- ive saw ONE poster in a shop window.
To me, community is important and now that the kwiky is gone and i no longer do the school run, there is nowhere round here to 'bump into' people.
Chances are it will be full of kids, filling their faces and creating a nuisance but hey! Am an optimist
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: The Big Lunch event-Seacombe - 24th Jul 2009 7:38pm
I don't know if it's a Merseyside thing or a national campaign. They did one over at Toxteth last week end.
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: The Big Lunch event-Seacombe - 24th Jul 2009 7:49pm
I can not make it gutted got tunnel to be visited smile

Planed
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The Big Lunch event-Seacombe - 24th Jul 2009 7:53pm
Hmmm.
Tunnels or food? Hard decision. I get ya. Lol
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The Big Lunch event-Seacombe - 25th Jul 2009 2:13pm
Well, i went. The one in birkenhead you got burgers and chicken, salad etc- this was a poor mans version- paste buttys and out-of-date crisps. The organisers were at the wine that they had stashed in the back.
They were trying soo hard to create a buzz but it wasnt happening.
About 5 adults and 7-8 kids. Had a lovely bit of carrot cake and discreetly left after an hour or so.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: The Big Lunch event-Seacombe - 25th Jul 2009 2:27pm
Rrrr, sad, at least you went, communitys aren`t like they used to be anymore, people don`t seem to be close like they were years ago.
Societys changing and won`t be the same again.

The organisers must of been dissapointed to say the least frown
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The Big Lunch event-Seacombe - 25th Jul 2009 2:51pm
Apparantly the Big Lunch is a new yearly initiative nationwide, started by the Eden Project. Other parts of the country have had great success.
The organisers admitted they didnt advertise very well but will do next year.
I had a daydream sitting there in a church hall with union jack bunting+ kids tea party food- i could sense what the homecoming parties after the war would have been like. Aw it was nice.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: The Big Lunch event-Seacombe - 25th Jul 2009 2:58pm
It would be great if it does take off and communitys get together like they used too.
Fingers crossed smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The Big Lunch event-Seacombe - 25th Jul 2009 4:45pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Well, i went. The one in birkenhead you got burgers and chicken, salad etc- this was a poor mans version- paste buttys and out-of-date crisps. The organisers were at the wine that they had stashed in the back.
About 5 adults and 7-8 kids. Had a lovely bit of carrot cake and discreetly left after an hour or so.

Did you bring back a doggy bag for everyone at Wiki?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The Big Lunch event-Seacombe - 25th Jul 2009 5:07pm
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX

Did you bring back a doggy bag for everyone at Wiki?
sadly not. Sowwy. Lol. Just a bag of wheat crunchies for mr rude- he was expecting a chicken drumstick!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral