Forums
Posted By: Ducko 12th May: Derek Acorah @ Floral Pavilion - 13th Feb 2009 11:34am
derek acorah is on in the floral pavilion on the 12th of may 7.30 tickets standard 18.00 concession 16.00 box office 0151 666 0000 0r www.floralpavillion.com
Posted By: Mr_Ice_Man Re: 12th May: Derek Acorah @ Floral Pavilion - 13th Feb 2009 11:39am
Excellent thanks for that, mite go to that.
Last time i seen him was the Empire.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: 12th May: Derek Acorah @ Floral Pavilion - 13th Feb 2009 11:42am
Suprised he is still quite popular despite being discraced on most haunted.
Posted By: Mr_Ice_Man Re: 12th May: Derek Acorah @ Floral Pavilion - 13th Feb 2009 11:48am
Originally Posted by AX_125
Suprised he is still quite popular despite being discraced on most haunted.

Most Haunted is crap now he has gone, i would never watch it again unless he came back.
Posted By: Wheels Re: 12th May: Derek Acorah @ Floral Pavilion - 13th Feb 2009 12:28pm
why did he go?
Posted By: AX_125 Re: 12th May: Derek Acorah @ Floral Pavilion - 13th Feb 2009 12:53pm
from wikipedia

Acorah's credibility has been questioned following his work on Most Haunted. On numerous investigations for the programme, Acorah would appear to become possessed by spirits or an evil entity or would appear lost and confused. On one such occasion, Acorah claimed to be possessed by the spirit of a man called Kreed Kafer. In a later interview the programme's parapsychologist, Ciaran O' Keeffe claimed that the character was completely fictional. O' Keeffe claims that he fabricated the "Kreed Kafer" character (an anagram of "Derek faker"), and misfed the information to Acorah who subsequently presented it as fact[2]. In a separate interview, the show's presenter and executive producer, Yvette Fielding said that she believes it was a "fake possession"[3].
Posted By: Wheels Re: 12th May: Derek Acorah @ Floral Pavilion - 13th Feb 2009 1:24pm
oh frown I love that guy
Posted By: Mr_Ice_Man Re: 12th May: Derek Acorah @ Floral Pavilion - 13th Feb 2009 3:27pm
Originally Posted by Wheels
why did he go?

He went coz he wasnt getting on with Yvette and Richard was in the same boat so he left too.
Posted By: Mr_Ice_Man Re: 12th May: Derek Acorah @ Floral Pavilion - 13th Feb 2009 3:28pm
Originally Posted by AX_125
from wikipedia

Acorah's credibility has been questioned following his work on Most Haunted. On numerous investigations for the programme, Acorah would appear to become possessed by spirits or an evil entity or would appear lost and confused. On one such occasion, Acorah claimed to be possessed by the spirit of a man called Kreed Kafer. In a later interview the programme's parapsychologist, Ciaran O' Keeffe claimed that the character was completely fictional. O' Keeffe claims that he fabricated the "Kreed Kafer" character (an anagram of "Derek faker"), and misfed the information to Acorah who subsequently presented it as fact[2]. In a separate interview, the show's presenter and executive producer, Yvette Fielding said that she believes it was a "fake possession"[3].

But if you speak to Ciaran O' Keeffe he denys it all.
Posted By: ponytail Re: 12th May: Derek Acorah @ Floral Pavilion - 13th Feb 2009 3:47pm
They gave him fake leads on a story involving a lion, witch and wardrobe but he did not catch on. He is quite authentic in his finds, shame about all the acting out of the possessions though. Anyone watch the one on a pyramid in Egypt - he said there was a tomb below the base, I never did find any follow-ups to this. In all, mediums would never allow themselves to become 'used' or possessed by spirits - they DO KNOW how to protect themselves, this was a flaw in the Most Haunted shows. anyway, it said by a watchdog that these shows were only for entertainment. Derek gave us lots of that, along with some real findings, I recon.
Posted By: uggla Re: 12th May: Derek Acorah @ Floral Pavilion - 14th Feb 2009 9:31am
its on youtube the fake derek clip

[youtube]ZbF_l5nwmGs[/youtube]

heres another one if you aint seen it mary loves dick they are still fioming when it goes to an add break and you can hear all the banter off camera nothing real about this.

Infact they all seem frauds
[youtube]oEP0usvErRI[/youtube]

i posted this in another thread last week lol
[youtube]q0JTLFuNFVE[/youtube]

Totally agree though its not the same without derek on most haunted

Posted By: marilyn Re: 12th May: Derek Acorah @ Floral Pavilion - 15th Feb 2009 11:10pm
loved the mary loves dick clip, uggla-it only confirms what a friend who was part of his show told me pure con how do people take him seriously
Posted By: Mr_Ice_Man Re: 12th May: Derek Acorah @ Floral Pavilion - 16th Feb 2009 3:56am
Me mum went to have a reading done by him before he was on tv, he had an office in Victoria Street (liverpool) and he was excellent.

But it was strange coz my uncle went there 4 times and he couldnt give him any information at all so had to give him is money back

So it shows he isnt a con man at all.
Posted By: salbb Re: 12th May: Derek Acorah @ Floral Pavilion - 18th Feb 2009 11:43pm
hi all, i went to see him too in victoria st before he was famous , he was really good.....but he wouldnt read for my mum, said her aura wasnt right!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral