Forums
There will be a Wirral history and heritage fair,held at Wirral museum(formerly Birkenhead town hall).

It will be held on 14th March 2009 Time will be 10.00am-4.00pm

The fair will be opened by Mark Olly from TV`s lost treasures.

EVENTS

Exhibitions and information from local history,Family history and heritage groups.Video presentation.Refreshments.Commercial tables,books and postcards for sale and children`s entertainment.

FREE ENTRY

I could not post the original poster due to copyright infringments.
am up for mate!
Sounds good, i'll jott it in my diary now.
Just to let you guys know what`s up and coming.Picked them up today from the archives,if anymore events come up I will post them here so you get fore warning of stuff.
Posted By: Angela Re: 14th March 2009: Wirral History & Heritage Fair - 12th Feb 2009 10:56pm
That sounds good. I'm going to mark it on my calendar.I went to the Wirral Museum when the Wirral Horn was on show there.I got some pretty good pics of it.Here's one of them.
Angie

Attached picture 100_2398.JPG
I know there are going to be some local family history groups there. Some where at Hulme Hall on Sunday. That had a good turnout.

But if your going on Saturday,,be careful were you park your car. The TW's are really good at handing out tickets.

I will be there sat!
should we all were Wiki stickers lol?
YERR mate the green stickers! raftl
Mark & I went last year. Very interesting day.
Posted By: bert1 Re: 14th March 2009: Wirral History & Heritage Fair - 10th Mar 2009 11:11pm
Originally Posted by history
I know there are going to be some local family history groups there. Some where at Hulme Hall on Sunday. That had a good turnout.

But if your going on Saturday,,be careful were you park your car. The TW's are really good at handing out tickets.

Did you miss an A and a T out.

I'm hoping to get there myself.Would be nice to meet some other Wiki members if possible
Sounds interesting and I plan to go. There is an 'odd domestic job' to do Saturday perhaps ie buy a new microwave. Mine lights up, counts down, turntable rotates etc - but does not heat things. Worked at 4.30 today but when I tried next - nothing. There is a 12 amp internal fuse. I will check that in the morning (in good light and with hand protection) and maybe - just maybe - that is the problem. Eternal optimist.

Otherwise it is microwave shopping in the morning so a visit to the fair will be later on.

Snod
we should do a wiki meet up!
I might come along to this i think wink
Originally Posted by TRANCENTRAL
we should do a wiki meet up!

Great idea but how would we know each other?
red carnations raftl
Originally Posted by MissGuided
red carnations raftl

Seriously (wot - us lot!!) perhaps we could somehow organise Wiki T shirts or pin-on badges so that we can encourage "collective bonding" (as those funny training people used to call it when I was at work). I'm sure there are some amongst us who whould know how to initiate that.

Short term I will make a (probably daft) pin-on lapel badge for me using Paintshop and a laminator machine. Suppose I will first have to find or create an avatar. Been meaning to do that for a while anyway. Will be something Volkswagen-ish

Snod
Posted By: Angela Re: 14th March 2009: Wirral History & Heritage Fair - 12th Mar 2009 11:04am
I've printed out the home page of WikiWirral. How about if some of us did this and carried the printout in a prominent position.We could sort of wave them about!
Angela
Posted By: bert1 Re: 14th March 2009: Wirral History & Heritage Fair - 12th Mar 2009 11:43am
Originally Posted by Angela
I've printed out the home page of WikiWirral. How about if some of us did this and carried the printout in a prominent position.We could sort of wave them about!
Angela

You will know them Angela when you get there, Robbo will have his nose to the floor sniffing out tunnels, Derekdwc will smell of ale with all the pubs hes been to, Diggingdeeper will have his shovel. Scoops will have thigh length boots, possibly in drag. Miss Guided and Pagan Jay will be picking on Stuymac. You'll see Jase with a notepad and pencil and Wheels with a parrot on his shoulder. Chriskay will be finding his way around with a map and Snodvan will have a cat flap under his arm. There could be a few blondes and of course me the Handsome one. seeyu
ha ha raftl
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 14th March 2009: Wirral History & Heritage Fair - 12th Mar 2009 11:58am
lol!!!! raftl excellent bert raftl
I don't think I'll be going to this bert think not if all you lot are going raftl
I'm beginning to wonder what I might be letting myself in for, meeting you lot raftl raftl
Suffice to say Angela, you'd never be the same again raftl
Some might say that wouldn't be such a bad thing raftl raftl raftl
have a good day gang!
Made my lapel badge

I'll be on my way in an hour

Snod
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss

Looks like I can make it, will hopefully be there around 11

yipee aliendance yipee aliendance yipee aliendance yipee aliendance yipee aliendance yipee aliendance
Posted By: Angela Re: 14th March 2009: Wirral History & Heritage Fair - 14th Mar 2009 12:48pm
Sorry I couldn't make it today after all,hope everyone had a good time.
Angela frown
Enjoyed it.

Never met any of you lot despite me walking around with "SNOD" badge that also contained my avatar

Snod
I was looking for you mate - I had a present for you. I was there from 1110 to 1210 wearing WIKIW badge and even had a little trowel (I was trying to be discrete) on me ....

Description: Badge
Attached picture S8003188s.JPG

Description: Trowel
Attached picture S8003189s.JPG
Now if you two would have turned up as i suggested earlier in the thread you would have bumped into each other. DD with a shovel and Snod with cat flap under arm. yes
just been for an hour (2.00 till 3.00),very interesting,was keeping an eye out for any thing wiki related but alas nothing,i had a hi viz jacket on with firwood written on the back as i have been to work.had a nice chat with ian boumphrey.
any more pix??
Here are the only two piccies I took, that Scammel is gorgeous, I'd even trade in an E-Type Jag for that ...

Attached picture S8003132s.JPG
Attached picture S8003133s.JPG
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 14th March 2009: Wirral History & Heritage Fair - 15th Mar 2009 1:55pm
Hats off to the staff and volunteers at the Transport Museum. The B'head and Wallasey Corp. buses are a real credit to them. This is the museum that your "wonderful" council want to close by the way! (Pause to throw up).

Sorry dd, if I where lucky enough to own an E-type, I'd gladly swop it for the B'head Leyland. Keep your modern Scammell with its dodgy number plate. (It's too "new" for those plates).

Presume Beemertastic will book him pronto ! The "Corpy Blue" does suit it though.

The sound of those Leyland oil engines at tickover is pure magic!
some pics of the buses

Bought Birkenhead of Yesteryear by Carole E Bidston for £1

Anyone pick up free book Birkenhead Official Handbook
which is interesting

Attached picture Buses resized.jpg
Attached picture Birkenhead bus inside resized.jpg
Attached picture Birkenhead bus resized .JPG
Attached picture Birkenhead bus stairs resized.jpg
Attached picture Wallasey bus inside resized.jpg
woo green godess
WOW good pixs mate!
cool pix well done