Forums
Posted By: Wench HMS Ark Royal visits again tomorrow - 14th Jan 2009 7:18pm
Ark Royal Visit to Liverpool - Thursday 15th January -Monday 19th January 2009

Thursday 15th January - Arrival ETA 13:00 hrs Liverpool Cruise Liner Terminal
Friday 16th January - Open to Public 10:00hrs - 15:00hrs (last admission 14:40hrs)
Saturday 17th January - Open to Public 10:00hrs - 15:00hrs (last admission 14:40hrs)
Sunday 18th January - CLOSED to Public
Monday 19th January - Departure ETD 17:30hrs
The times above are subject to change at Royal Navy discretion.

Additional River Explorer Cruise Information

Two ferries will take to the water for additional cruises in the afternoon of Saturday 17th January, with live commentary from Blue Badge Guides.

River Explorer Cruise services, calling at all three terminals, will depart from the Pier Head at 10am, 11am, 12 noon, 12.30pm, 1pm, 1.30pm, 2pm, 2.30pm, 3pm, 3.30pm and 4pm and will be sailing as close and as safely as possible to HMS Ark Royal.

Live commentary will also run on the 11am, 12 noon, 1pm, 2pm and 3pm sailings on Sunday 18th January

All River Explorer Cruises from when the Ark Royal arrives in the Mersey on Thursday through until Monday will use the cruise duration to sail close to the Ark Royal. Customers travelling on the ferry will get a really close view of her.

Posted By: Dava2479 Re: HMS Ark Royal visits again tomorrow - 14th Jan 2009 7:51pm
Worth a day out on the river,I reckon. happy
Posted By: MissGuided Re: HMS Ark Royal visits again tomorrow - 14th Jan 2009 7:57pm
Dava you make a day on the Mersey sound like an idyll! Will you be wearing your straw boater?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: HMS Ark Royal visits again tomorrow - 14th Jan 2009 8:03pm
raftl Kiddin arn`t yer,it`s the mersey.More like this.lol.

Attached picture 204375397.jpg
Posted By: Wench Re: HMS Ark Royal visits again tomorrow - 14th Jan 2009 8:08pm
It's safe to say, I'l be there first thing Friday raftl I'm such a geek omg
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: HMS Ark Royal visits again tomorrow - 14th Jan 2009 8:16pm
Whats the web site were you can keep an eye on the river ?
Posted By: Wench Re: HMS Ark Royal visits again tomorrow - 14th Jan 2009 8:21pm
It's something to do with the Pier Head as there's a webcam on the top of it. I'll have a nose for ya hon.
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: HMS Ark Royal visits again tomorrow - 14th Jan 2009 8:23pm
there is this one but the images don`t seem to be updated that often.

http://www.wirralcam.org/home.shtml
Posted By: MissGuided Re: HMS Ark Royal visits again tomorrow - 14th Jan 2009 8:39pm
Originally Posted by PaganJay
Two ferries will take to the water for additional cruises in the afternoon of Saturday 17th January, with live commentary from Blue Badge Guides.

I didn't know there were any blue badges in the Mersey??? Are we talking the blue commemorative plates that get stuck on buildings of hysterical significance?
Posted By: Wench Re: HMS Ark Royal visits again tomorrow - 14th Jan 2009 8:55pm
http://www.britishwaterways.com/liverpool-canal-link/webcam

www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool/webcams/liver_cam.shtml

http://www.goandroam.com/webcams/uk/liverpool/ - this gives you a choice of different places to view.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: HMS Ark Royal visits again tomorrow - 14th Jan 2009 9:00pm
Is the canal link finished yet?
Posted By: Wench Re: HMS Ark Royal visits again tomorrow - 14th Jan 2009 9:15pm
Yes - you get a choice of North, South, East and West views happy
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: HMS Ark Royal visits again tomorrow - 15th Jan 2009 1:17am
The build isnt

still a lot of work going on down there
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: HMS Ark Royal visits again tomorrow - 15th Jan 2009 12:41pm
wow thanks some good links there thanks i think i,ll be down there Saturday to take some pics yerrrr
Posted By: Wench Re: HMS Ark Royal visits again tomorrow - 15th Jan 2009 1:41pm
If you go on http://www.itvlocal.com/granada/arkroyal/ you can watch them tying her up at the dockside right now - it's a live feed.

I've just got back from watching her come in - amazing sight, even though I've seen her a few times before, she is still beautiful.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: HMS Ark Royal visits again tomorrow - 15th Jan 2009 2:28pm
WIsh I could get paid for just standing around looking at a boat all day. Yes its been tied down - now run along and do something useful instead of standing there in your hard hat and hi-viz with your hands behind your back!
Posted By: Wench Re: HMS Ark Royal visits again tomorrow - 16th Jan 2009 2:28pm
What a fantastic day!!! No queues, straight aboard and because there were so few people, you got a lot more detail and the Crew had more time to answer your questions.

Been on the flight deck, fiddled with weapons, been on one of the helicopters and generally walked round with a laugh on my face a mile wide!!!

Loads of pictures, so I'll whittle them down in a while, once I've calmed down raftl I feel like a child who has OD'd on additives bananadance
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: HMS Ark Royal visits again tomorrow - 16th Jan 2009 5:42pm
Sounds brill PJ. I bet it will be really busy over the week end.
Posted By: Wench Re: HMS Ark Royal visits again tomorrow - 16th Jan 2009 5:49pm
It was amazing Softy happy

She is only open to the public tomorrow from 10am until 3pm, with last admission at 14:40. Not sure if they are allowing people on the flight deck tomorrow as there will probably be a lot more people with it being Saturday.

It's well worth a visit though (especially if you are a geek like me). This was my second time on Her and I could quite happily go again tomorrow raftl

From talking to one of the Pilots, I believe that HMS Illustrious is returning in October this year (subject to deployment of course). One for the diary!
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: HMS Ark Royal visits again tomorrow - 21st Jan 2009 11:22pm
Aplogies if another topic has been started...

But wheres the pics?? grin
Posted By: Wench Re: HMS Ark Royal visits again tomorrow - 22nd Jan 2009 1:16am
I put them all on my facebook Joe - didn't want to bore people on here with my geekiness raftl

I'll post them if you really want happy
Posted By: MrHouston Re: HMS Ark Royal visits again tomorrow - 22nd Jan 2009 4:36am
I'd like to see them smile
Posted By: Colgo Re: HMS Ark Royal visits again tomorrow - 22nd Jan 2009 8:40am
Get em on smile
Posted By: Teutonicus Re: HMS Ark Royal visits again tomorrow - 22nd Jan 2009 2:35pm
Another vote for the photos.
Posted By: Wench Re: HMS Ark Royal visits again tomorrow - 22nd Jan 2009 3:55pm
OK - will post them shortly raftl
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HMS Ark Royal visits again tomorrow - 22nd Jan 2009 6:49pm
Originally Posted by Colgo
Get em on smile

withthat grin
Posted By: Wench Re: HMS Ark Royal visits again tomorrow - 23rd Jan 2009 12:14pm
Originally Posted by _jase_
Originally Posted by Colgo
Get em on smile

withthat grin

If only I had a quid for every time I've heard that raftl

They're in the Gallery happy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral