Forums
Posted By: jonno40 Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 25th Dec 2008 7:23am
Heads up guys
Hello there!
We thought that you might be interested to know that tickets are now available for the next exciting live event with Yvette Fielding! As with all of our shows, the tickets are FREE!

MOST HAUNTED LIVE - LIVE FROM MERSEYSIDE

All over the UK lies a dark and mysterious secret history. Living TV's Most Haunted Live is back!

The next live event will take place at St George's Hall, William Brown Street, Liverpool L1 1JJ in January 2009.

Booking is now open and we are only accepting online bookings via our website at http://www.sroaudiences.com

As well as the usual events, this year, we may have seances in the middle of the audience on a few of the nights. Anyone who this may upset, or who may find this offensive, should not apply for tickets to this event.

Ticket numbers are limited so do apply as quickly as possible. We shall notify successful applicants as quickly as possible by email with their eticket. Once the tickets have been issued, we also issue a number of standby tickets. If we are not able to issue you with regular tickets, we shall offer you standby tickets where these are available.

All tickets are issued free of charge and are strictly non-transferable. The minimum age for attendance at this show is 18.

You may also apply for tickets online where you'll also find details of all the shows for which we are booking. Other shows currently booking include Jasper Carrot's 'Golden Balls', 'Don't Forget the Lyrics', 'The Alan Titchmarsh Show' and 'The Krypton Factor'. You may also add yourself to the mailing list for upcoming shows. Tickets for all of our shows are FREE. To see all the other shows for which we are currently booking, please visit our website at http://www.sroaudiences.com

If you would like to be unsubscribed from the SRO Audiences mailing list then please reply to this email changing the subject line to 'Please Unsubscribe'. If you have received more than one copy of this particular email, please accept our apologies and drop us a line to let us know. We shall chase up the error to try to prevent this happening in the future.

We look forward to seeing you at a show soon!

Kind regards

Martin & the team

GOOD LUCK
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 25th Dec 2008 7:52am
merry christmas laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 26th Dec 2008 5:22pm
thumbsup
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 26th Dec 2008 5:28pm
sounds like fun :_
yer man sounds fun!
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 26th Dec 2008 9:41pm
My name is down,thanks Jonno. thumbsup
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 27th Dec 2008 11:02am
My name is down too thanks jonno smile the old cells in the basement are scary as hell and it'l be intresting to see if most hauntes medium picked up on the spirit of a young girl who commited suicide..
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 27th Dec 2008 11:20am
Your right about them cells Lee ,we went for a wander round there a couple of weeks ago and there is definitely a gloomy atmosphere down there and also when you walk up the steps to the dock you feel a sense of forbidding imagining the killers that may have walked up there in the past. seeyu
In one of the cells they pump smells in to simulate what it used to smell like when it was in use.To be honest it just smelt of pee.
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 27th Dec 2008 4:28pm
They are doing a full week again. yipee
Posted By: Ducko Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 29th Dec 2008 8:45pm
[youtube]8MQt67fJ9kY[/youtube]
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 29th Dec 2008 9:52pm
sleep
Posted By: ponytail Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 31st Dec 2008 11:23pm
Thanks guys. I've asked for tickets. Do you know if it is an overnighter? Never been to one before.
Posted By: Waddi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 31st Dec 2008 11:58pm
The MHL medium is now Billy Roberts, A liverpool based medium, bit strange that they have chosen Liverpool as his 1st real event, obviously he will already know all the local ghosts and stories. hmmmm smells fishy.
anyon1 know where will investigaing
Posted By: Waddi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 1st Jan 2009 11:33am
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Most Haunted Live: The Search For Evil
January 10th - 16th January 2009

Showing On : LIVING 8pm - 12am for seven nights

Most Haunted Live returns on January 10th for another week long investigation where each night the Most Haunted team, led by Yvette Fielding, will look for evil spirits, focusing on a different type of entity each night.

Television listings reveal that the team will firstly on night one visit a dank basement notorious for its poltergeist activity. On night two they visit a theatre full of spooky stories, where a sinister black shape seems to appear in several parts of the building. Night three the team visit a building constructed on an old churchyard and where ghosts have reportedly been seen. Night four they visit derelict buildings once used as a military morgue. Unexplained phenomena have been reported on the site. Night five the team try to unravel the mystery behind stories of apparitions in a library. Night six they try to find out more about the ghost of an 18th century murderer. And finally, on Night seven the team return to their original location and try to contact the most powerful and dangerous spirits of all.
Posted By: Angel_x Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 5th Jan 2009 6:59am
Cheers Jonno, I got 4 tickets today! ccan not wait!
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 5th Jan 2009 8:45am
Well I take that as I haven't heard anything yet that I haven't been successful again no
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 5th Jan 2009 10:53am
Originally Posted by WADDI
The MHL medium is now Billy Roberts, A liverpool based medium, bit strange that they have chosen Liverpool as his 1st real event, obviously he will already know all the local ghosts and stories. hmmmm smells fishy.

withthat
Posted By: Waddi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 5th Jan 2009 11:20am
woohoo. just got a phone call from a freind, She has tickets and is taking me and my Wife. suppose we did take her to denbigh.
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 5th Jan 2009 12:20pm
if any one has spare me and my wife would love to go
Posted By: Wheels Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 5th Jan 2009 1:30pm
frown #i have tons of spare time!! If anyone cant make it I will gladly use the tickets! smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 5th Jan 2009 2:28pm
Originally Posted by angel_x
Cheers Jonno, I got 4 tickets today! ccan not wait!

happy
Posted By: Waddi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 6th Jan 2009 11:25am
Just got 4 tickets for Tuesday.
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 6th Jan 2009 12:13pm
cool mate, happy,I have applied but heard nothing,again.
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 6th Jan 2009 12:17pm
yipee 4 tickets for tuesday as well smile
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 6th Jan 2009 12:30pm
Originally Posted by jonno40
yipee 4 tickets for tuesday as well smile

happy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 6th Jan 2009 2:43pm
somad WERE ARE MINE!!!! laugh
these were recording in my work haha
an the old cells rnt that scary most of it is modified now theres only certaiin bits kept for tourism reasons an try bein in there wiv 2 security lads in the dark on ya own not nice haha ...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 7th Jan 2009 1:12am
yipee party 4 tickets for Monday 12th January 2009.

just got e-mail, party
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 7th Jan 2009 3:26am
yerrrrr hi
Posted By: Angel_x Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 7th Jan 2009 7:23am
Originally Posted by _jase_
yipee party 4 tickets for Monday 12th January 2009.

just got e-mail, party

party thumbsup

nice one jase

mine are for friday 16th january 2009.
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 7th Jan 2009 9:48pm
Just been on the Most Haunted website and had a look at the locations and I am pretty sure one of them is bidston hall.They are visiting a country house where a notorious satanist is supposed to be buried,could this be richard tilley who is rumoured to be buried some where on the hill most haunted live locations
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 7th Jan 2009 10:31pm
Richard Tilley should be buried on Bidston hill (secret location)itself and not in the grounds of Bidston hall,when he appeared to the young girl,the house it hapened in was school lane in Bidston village.
Posted By: Angel_x Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 7th Jan 2009 10:50pm
Surely if they were talking about Richard Tilley it would be a Wirral Most Haunted and not Mersyside! eg: Liverpool
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 8th Jan 2009 12:47am
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shuttle/7477/tilly.html
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 8th Jan 2009 9:36am
Surely if they were talking about Richard Tilley it would be a Wirral Most Haunted and not Mersyside! eg: Liverpool

Well you would think this but as the story is in Tom Slemans Haunted Liverpool 3 I suppose anything is possible but i am pretty certain the picture on the locations page is Bidston Hall so we will just have to wait n see.
looking at pics of bidston hall on google images it is most likely that they will be going there and i am getting it recorded by my grandad on dvd and sent over so i can watch it smile
Posted By: Ducko Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 8th Jan 2009 12:54pm
most haunted is a load of bollocks
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 8th Jan 2009 4:02pm
Originally Posted by Ducko
most haunted is a load of bollocks

This is a load of bollox son....

CLICKME wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 9th Jan 2009 7:43pm
take meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ANGLEX i ll b in ur suitcase lol!!!!!! kidding
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 9th Jan 2009 8:09pm
GUD ON DUCKO
Posted By: Waddi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 10th Jan 2009 12:39am
Right then;
Who's going what night?
Lets make a list

Saturday

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday
Waddi

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Plus also maybe a list of who wants to go and has no tickets, maybe others have spare tickets.

Beggers list your names and how many tickets you want, you can even get fussy if you want and put a preferred night aswell but that may be pushing it
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 10th Jan 2009 8:36am
Right then;
Who's going what night?
Lets make a list

Saturday

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday
Waddi
jonno40 +wife ,mum & sister

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Plus also maybe a list of who wants to go and has no tickets, maybe others have spare tickets.

Beggers list your names and how many tickets you want, you can even get fussy if you want and put a preferred night aswell but that may be pushing it
Posted By: ghostly1 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 10th Jan 2009 9:32am
Sorry to state the obvious but can I suggest you check you junk email folders for those who had applied for tickets and have not heard anything yet. I have just found mine in there this morning for wednesday
Posted By: ghostly1 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 10th Jan 2009 9:59am
Right then;
Who's going what night?
Lets make a list

Saturday

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday
Waddi

Wednesday
ghostly1 + 2
Thursday

Friday

Posted By: Angel_x Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 10th Jan 2009 10:23am
Originally Posted by ghostly1
Right then;
Who's going what night?
Lets make a list

Saturday

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday
Waddi

Wednesday
ghostly1 + 2
Thursday

Friday
Angel_x + piggytina + 2

Posted By: Waddi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 10th Jan 2009 10:32am
Right then;
Who's going what night?
Lets make a list

Saturday

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday
Waddi + Wife, brother in law and his girlfriend

Wednesday
ghostly1 + 2
Thursday

Friday
Angel_x + piggytina + 2

just a little tip, to add your name to the list, click quote on the most recent post of the list, then delete all the quote tags, makes it look a bit neater.
Posted By: Wench Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 10th Jan 2009 10:38pm
I'd love a ticket, for any night pray

Only just realised it's on Virgin live now. Thought it was only on Sky but it's on Freeview too - result happy
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 10th Jan 2009 10:42pm
so would i!
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 10th Jan 2009 11:49pm
I wasnt sucessful but my mate was i'l be going monday happy seems i never get a chance but at least my friends taking me..
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 11th Jan 2009 12:13am
i will be ther monday too happy
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 11th Jan 2009 4:20am
Originally Posted by SoundLad
I wasnt sucessful but my mate was i'l be going monday happy seems i never get a chance but at least my friends taking me..

Yerr,so how many wiki members are going on mon night?
Posted By: Waddi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 11th Jan 2009 7:06am
Originally Posted by _jase_
i will be ther monday too happy

Originally Posted by SoundLad

Add your name to the list.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 11th Jan 2009 11:34am
Right then;
Who's going what night?
Lets make a list

Saturday

Sunday

Monday
SoundLad but with a friend who got tickets i got none yet again..

Tuesday

Wednesday
ghostly1 + 2
Thursday

Friday
Angel_x + piggytina + 2

just a little tip, to add your name to the list, click quote on the most recent post of the list, then delete all the quote tags, makes it look a bit neater.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 11th Jan 2009 11:38am
Right then;
Who's going what night?
Lets make a list

Saturday

Sunday

Monday
jase/ me dad/ ste/ and dava2479 thumbsup......
SoundLad but with a friend who got tickets i got none yet again..

Tuesday

Wednesday
ghostly1 + 2
Thursday

Friday
Angel_x + piggytina + 2

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 12th Jan 2009 3:18pm
yerrrrrr only hours now bananadance bananadance bananadance bananadance
Posted By: Wheels Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 12th Jan 2009 4:37pm
Woooo smile
Posted By: leliann Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 12th Jan 2009 8:47pm
I went on sunday brilliant enjoyed every second. It was great to be sat in the warm after the chill of denbigh!
Posted By: Wench Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 12th Jan 2009 8:55pm
I can't wait for this!!! Bring on your worst Liverpool raftl
isn that you jaci raftl oooppppss sorry i thought it said wiki raftl
Posted By: Wench Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 12th Jan 2009 9:00pm
Cheeky beggar!! Have some respect for your elders raftl
sorry couldn help myself it was just left there wide open for a comment to be made come on jaci u yaself should no better than that to leave things wide open raftl
Posted By: Wench Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 12th Jan 2009 9:02pm
Not sure how to take that raftl

Anyway - Please keep On Topic happy otherwise the BMWJoes will get you!!
i will now keep on topic sorry guys and girles to divert thumbsup
Posted By: Waddi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 12th Jan 2009 10:17pm
Im feeling really freaked out about stanley dock, My uncle had a stall in the market in the early 90's, Me and my cousin would go with him to help setup and put away, and spend the rest of the day doing what young boys do, going places we shouldnt within the building. We experienced things that I had forgotten about tonight and its freaking me out.

Im feeling someone fell to their death. Lots of activity in the old night club, and the name Jess, Jessica or Jessie.
Posted By: scoops Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 12th Jan 2009 11:19pm
I can't believe they all got out of the coffins and locked Dobbie the house elf in one instead
Posted By: Wench Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 12th Jan 2009 11:25pm
I'd have happily gone in one raftl
Posted By: Wheels Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 13th Jan 2009 12:01am
im watching on living plus 1 so im an hour behind, im loving it and cant wait to go 2moz smile

Posted By: Wench Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 13th Jan 2009 12:07am
I've only been able to watch it on the webcams, with no sound strangely enough. Gutted really as the other night it was on Freeview think Maybe it's best I've not watched it with sound though, who knows. Do we know where they are doing tomorrow night?? So I can dress appropriately raftl thermals etc just in case it's somewhere really chilly.
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 13th Jan 2009 1:45am
seems there is a good few of us goin tomorrow
Looks like tomorrow is a libary
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 13th Jan 2009 2:06am
ye well lets just say you all best get there at 9am raftl
Posted By: Waddi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 13th Jan 2009 10:06am
Did you get in Jase? I've heard SRO have over issued tickets and if you get there after 3:30 you have no chance of getting in.

What time did you get over there?
How Did you get there and then get home after midnight? (no trains etc)
If you took a car where did you park?
Posted By: graemewh Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 13th Jan 2009 10:47am
Hi Is it impossible to get tickets now? I have just filled in the form, Im in Liverpool so personally can collect etc?
Didnt know if any kind soul had 2 spare tickets
Posted By: Wench Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 13th Jan 2009 11:06am
Yes, rocking horse manure would be easier to get I'm afraid. You'll probably go on the list for the next set, failing that, some cookery programme with Anthony Worral-Gerbil raftl

hi Welcome to Wiki anyway graeme bananadance
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 13th Jan 2009 12:27pm
Did you get in Jase? I've heard SRO have over issued tickets and if you get there after 3:30 you have no chance of getting in.

What time did you get over there?
How Did you get there and then get home after midnight? (no trains etc)
If you took a car where did you park?

did we get in???? no no sorry
What time did you get over there? about 6:00.
How Did you get there and home after midnight?car there an train back.(dont ask) raftl .. last train from liverpool is 11:58pm you can leave the show when they have a break. every 15 mins i think it was.
raftl where did you park? in the bus station raftl (hope its stil there) raftl
Posted By: Waddi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 13th Jan 2009 12:35pm
Jase, did you have standby tickets?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 13th Jan 2009 12:46pm
no mate no
Posted By: Wheels Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 13th Jan 2009 12:48pm
are yours stand by waddi?
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 13th Jan 2009 1:07pm
I am planning on getting there for 3.30 dou you reckon this will be early enough
Posted By: Wheels Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 13th Jan 2009 1:08pm
Same time as me and Waddi smile I hope we get in
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 13th Jan 2009 1:13pm
if i see you i will say hello :)but dont if i will recognise you with out a torch on your head lol
Hopefully gonna check in then go for a munch
Posted By: Wheels Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 13th Jan 2009 2:16pm
haha well i look like this today

[Linked Image]

lol, yes it is a mirror image smile
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 13th Jan 2009 2:30pm
raftl
Posted By: Waddi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 13th Jan 2009 2:43pm
Originally Posted by Wheels
are yours stand by waddi?

No Mate, Normal tickets, wish I had priority like in Denbigh.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 13th Jan 2009 3:53pm
I got in last night but SRO over issuing tickets is wrong people where complaining that cause they where in the 400's they wouldnt get in i think its wrong but it was an intresting night i was there to watch how they record the damn thing as im tech freak and im amazed on how they do it.. They did do a seance in the hall and someone whistled but on camera they put it down to spirit smile there was tappings of some sort when they did the seance but what amazes me is the fact as soon as the cameras are off and the live link ends they continued for a minute but then stopped yvvette scarpered as she doesnt like the attention smile but the rest where happy to take photos and etc.. Ive got some photos (not good ones off the phone) which i'll post when i find my bloody cable.. happy All in all it was good to watch how they recorded it etc but the way they run the place its like an airport with frisk searches and if you go in with sweets / crips etc they get convestgated BUT what frustrates me is the crew EAT to high heaven drink use there mobiles so as it states on the ticket DO NOT take food lol do eat before you go in or youve wasted 40p on a bag of crisps or sweets i think its wrong to be honest but who cares you get in for nothing BUT i do recommend to get there EARLY and not the time advertised smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 13th Jan 2009 4:42pm
Originally Posted by Wheels
haha well i look like this today

[Linked Image]

lol, yes it is a mirror image smile

lmfao raftl

hope you get in guys, av a good one happy
Posted By: Wheels Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 12:49am
wheels is home!!!!
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 12:51am
Samlesbury Hall tomorrow,just outside Preston.
Got in tonight but very disappointed will write more tomorrow to tired now but i managed to get my ugly mug on telly a few times. SAMLESBURY HALL
Posted By: Waddi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 1:01am
So no Bidston? boo hoo.

Thats that plan out of the window.

Got there about 3:30 and got wristband 21 thanks to Wheels getting there about 3:00 and getting a place in the que. Thought the investigation tonight was poor but I liked just being in a TV audience and trying to get on TV, Did anyone see me, Wheels or Jonno?

Unlike Soundlad I thought they did a very good job of issuing wristbands and then getting you into the audience in wristband number order. Better organised than Denbigh imho.
Posted By: Mark Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 8:29am
good feed back there peeps bring on the pics wink
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 10:05am
Tuesday 13th January Night 4
We arrived at about 3.30 pm and they opened the doors for the wristbands at 4.10 pm ,we got issued numbers 42 - 45 we were then asked to come back for 6.15 pm .WE were impressed by the organisation of getting the people into the hall but this may have been because we ended up with really good seats right behind the super fan which hopefully guaranteed us getting on telly.
As for the show,we were really surprised how small the actual studio was it looks much bigger on the telly.We were quite disappointed with the outcome of the show as nothing close to the previous nights actually happened and what was really annoying was that when they went live to the team in the library the floor crew would move people about to cover the empty seats left by the people who hadn't returned from the toilets in time, this as you can imagine caused a fair amount of noise so we could not hear many of the noises the team where meant to be hearing but then i never can.The cast and crew were really friendly and approachable and at the end even though yvette quickly disappeared the rest of them stayed to chat to the audience, sign autographs and pose for photos, Paul Ross was a star and a very funny man.
To sum up it was a entertaining experience but if it was ghosts and spirits you where after i am afraid this wasn't the place to hear them
It was also good to see fellow wikians there ,wheels and waddi.
If we got the chance to go again would we ,YES
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 10:15am
I`m glad you got in Jonno,so you did follow advice from some of us.lol.
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 10:22am
yep and good advice it was cheers guys, but i think last night even most of the standby tickets got in but by getting there early we got really good seats happy
Posted By: Wheels Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 10:46am
Pics

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

still more uploading smile
Posted By: Wheels Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 10:59am
more

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wheels Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 11:34am
couple more

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Waddi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 11:44am
Keep an eye on this website, they have uploaded night 1 & 2 (in 5-10min segments on you tube), hopefully they will do the same for the other nights

http://www.extremeghosthunters.com/mhlevil.html
Posted By: Wheels Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 11:55am
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

smile
Posted By: Waddi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 12:04pm
Cool pics wheels
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 12:18pm
nice pics ,cheers mate ,saved a few to my computer hope thats ok
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 12:29pm
excellent photos wheels happy
Posted By: Kimmer Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 1:15pm
hey guys im only new to this forum...im a big most haunted fan and i would love to go to a live show this week...i know its already half way through but ive been tryin to get tickets for the past couple of weeks!
i would hate to miss out since i live in the north west and not that far from st georges hall...

i just wondered if anyone knew if u can just turn up without tickets in advance and still get a wristband?? or does anybody have any tickets spare for thurs or fridays final night??

any help would be appreciated!
thanks
kim xxxx
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 1:32pm
You need tickets mate or standbys and even then you are not guaranteed entrance,suppose you could go and ask if anyone in the queue has any spare
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 1:37pm
cool pics wheels. happy
Posted By: Kimmer Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 1:51pm
ah i thought so, worth a shot asking though lol jst incase!
thanks for replying xxx
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 1:58pm
Originally Posted by Kimmer
hey guys im only new to this forum...im a big most haunted fan and i would love to go to a live show this week...i know its already half way through but ive been tryin to get tickets for the past couple of weeks!
i would hate to miss out since i live in the north west and not that far from st georges hall...

i just wondered if anyone knew if u can just turn up without tickets in advance and still get a wristband?? or does anybody have any tickets spare for thurs or fridays final night??

any help would be appreciated!
thanks
kim xxxx

At the beginning of the week it was manic,now with Jonno saying even most of the stanby`s got in,it maybe worth going on the last night on the off chance to see if there is empty seats.Empty seats is what the show does not want.Go early as I`m sure a lot of people with have the same idea.

Posted By: Kimmer Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 2:03pm
oooh ok, yeh ill give that a go then, im over in liverpool on friday anyways! thanks for the info laugh xxxxx
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 2:05pm
No probs,I just feel you might stand a fair chance even without tickets.
Posted By: Angel_x Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 2:35pm
I have ticket's for Friday what time would be best to go over to get the wrist bands? lol I really want to get in!
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 2:43pm
You get the bands as your queing up to get in,the bands are to allow you to leave and re-enter,for the likes of smokers and stuff.Just to prove to security thatyou are in the audience.
Posted By: Angel_x Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 2:44pm
What is the best time to get there?
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 2:48pm
Jonno got there for 3.30 and didn`t have any probs so I would say go about that time.to be safe.
Posted By: Angel_x Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 2:54pm
Cheers dava thumbsup
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 2:55pm
No probs, happy
Posted By: Wheels Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 5:30pm
Heres a little video of inside

[youtube]e58UAsHjogc[/youtube]
Posted By: Waddi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 9:22pm
Picture of Most Haunted Live Website, described as one of the locations, the same Location Jonno40 thinks is Bidston, well heres another clue pointing to bidston;
[Linked Image]
Posted By: smiler123 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 9:24pm
u cheeky sod i spotted that thought i'd come on here to tell everyone hehe
Have fun guys
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 9:25pm
lol,what night are they meant to be there?
Posted By: smiler123 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 9:27pm
on addittional note found the person who took the photo so can 100% confirm bidston Hall
Posted By: Waddi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 9:31pm
oh bugger, thats Wiki ruined for me now,
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 9:34pm
lol.
Er, that is Bidston Hall:

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 9:41pm
yes.. its by bountry rd (i think lol)
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 9:43pm
Smiler123,welcome to wiki. happy
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...hx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 9:49pm
Originally Posted by chrissie77
yes.. its by bountry rd (i think lol)

Bidston hall is at the Bidston village end of Eleanor road

Spotted waddi on Carl's behind the scenes bit at the beginning of the show
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 9:51pm
its only 10 mins walk frm where i live
Posted By: Waddi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 9:53pm
Did you see Whelan aswell?
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 9:54pm
nah missed him frown
Posted By: Angel_x Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 9:54pm
Miss G,

will only show you limited area, can you, show me more of the area?
i know this place well, but, early childhood.
Posted By: Waddi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 9:56pm
Originally Posted by smiler123
on addittional note found the person who took the photo so can 100% confirm bidston Hall

That would be Sandy Smith.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 9:57pm
i ll show u one day angel.. cos its only 10 mins walk where i lives.. i live by bidtion hill
Posted By: Waddi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 10:01pm
Jonno, Did your neighbour record it for you, Im making a DVD for Wheels, so if you need one I will burn a 2nd off for you.
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 10:02pm
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE She forgot
Posted By: Angel_x Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 10:04pm
what dvd of which night ya makin waddi?
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 10:21pm
So no Bidston? boo hoo.

Thats that plan out of the window.

Got there about 3:30 and got wristband 21 thanks to Wheels getting there about 3:00 and getting a place in the que. Thought the investigation tonight was poor but I liked just being in a TV audience and trying to get on TV, Did anyone see me, Wheels or Jonno?

Unlike Soundlad I thought they did a very good job of issuing wristbands and then getting you into the audience in wristband number order. Better organised than Denbigh imho.

What i meant about que it looked over 400+ on monday and people had standby tickets etc. I know they have to over issue tickets and such but if you have travelled half way around the country first time etc to get there and then your a standby youd be dissapointed in my honest opionon.. Yer the queing system was good at least you knew you had a chance if you where a certain number kind of thing... And them running around trying to fill seats when people went the toilet i thought that was a bit harsh but i suppose they have to keep it full kind of thing.. All in all it was intresting but get there early LOL best way.. happy
Posted By: Waddi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 10:28pm
Tuesday night, the night that me, Wheels and Jonno were in the audience.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 10:39pm
Miss G,

will only show you limited area, can you, show me more of the area?
i know this place well, but, early childhood.

This might help you get bearings:

Map
Posted By: Waddi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 14th Jan 2009 11:54pm
Yvette just said Bidston Hall tomorrow night, her and Cath are going to spend the night there tonight.
Posted By: Schuu Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 12:04am
Woot smile thats like 3 minutes away from my house ...

The temptation to go throw pebbles at the windows just to hear her scream wink
Posted By: Wench Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 12:09am
Shall we go and take them some tea and homemade soup as a gift from WikiWirral raftl
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 12:12am
lol raftl withstupid
Posted By: Waddi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 12:12am
Im up that. Yvette wanted a bottle of gin.
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 12:12am
raftl Jac,I`m sure they would love it.
Posted By: Wench Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 12:14am
Wel I made some ham, pea and veg soup today and there is shed loads of it lol. Will keep em warm tonight happy I'm sure we could get her a bottle of gin from Tesco on the way think

There's a pan of leek and potato on the go now too just in case they are vegi's raftl
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 12:16am
Sod them I will have it,sounds dee-lish.You can have the gin.lol.
Posted By: Wench Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 12:16am
Make it Jager and you're on raftl
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 12:18am
What is Jager? :eh:I just know I`m going to regret asking this. doh
Posted By: Wench Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 12:20am
Jagermeister - it's the dogs wink
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 12:21am
See I knew it.lol.Not going any further with this.lol.
Posted By: Wench Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 12:34am
Google it then get back on topic Sir raftl
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 12:36am
raftl oooooohhh.
Posted By: Wench Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 12:40am
The "Joes" will get you if you don't raftl
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 12:44am
raftl yeah all nine of them.lol.Stop prompting me then. raftl
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 12:45am
Anyway back at the ranch,so the crew are at Bidston hall,I might go and have a butchers.
Posted By: Wench Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 1:02am
Take a camera and be careful, they're bound to have security there. Just tell them you're writing a piece for a local paranormal site - it's not like it's a lie wink
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 1:06am
Hey good thinking.
Posted By: Wench Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 1:08am
My brother got the looks, I got the brains happy
Posted By: Wheels Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 11:16am
This is a frame from the video

[Linked Image]

So I did make it on tv smile
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 11:26am
quality mate smile
Posted By: Wheels Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 11:33am
found another lol

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wheels Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 11:43am
spot the wiki's lol

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 11:45am
god i got some air time ,wonder if i should join Equity
Posted By: Wheels Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 11:49am
waddi, lady waddi, jonno

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wheels Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 11:56am
jonno your a zlist celeb smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 11:58am
Looking at the above I cant decide wether Julian Clegg looks like Yoda or Gollum
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 12:00pm
OMG please form an orderly queue and i will sign all autographs raftl
Posted By: Wheels Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 12:05pm
ME first!
Posted By: Waddi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 1:34pm
Julian is Dobby, the house goblin out of Harry Potter.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 1:38pm
yerrrrr yipee fantastic guys thumbsup
Posted By: Waddi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 2:22pm
Whelan, can you get the close up of me from when the fella is picked out of the audience to go on the vigil.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 2:34pm
Here you go matey

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pomp Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 2:42pm
hahaha! thats great that smile
Posted By: Waddi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 2:44pm
Ta Mate.
Posted By: scoops Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 3:04pm
Looking at the above I cant decide wether Julian Clegg looks like Yoda or Gollum

I say he looks like Dobby the house elf from the Harry Potter movies laugh

Oops Waddi beat me to it lol
Posted By: Waddi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 3:08pm
atleast someone agrees with me.
Posted By: Schuu Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 4:11pm
Ok, Who was taking photos of the back of the Hall, over the fence. Olive (ish) coloured car waiting with the L plates on.
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 6:33pm
Since when was Bidston hall called Bidston lodge as this is what they are calling it on MHL website
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 6:47pm
A Little of the halls history seeing as this is tonights location

Bidston Hall, Bidston
Most of the house was built around 1595 by Henry, the 4th Lord Stanley, Earl of Derby. The Hall has had an unusual past, being seized in the Civil War when the 7th Earl, James, refused to recognise Cromwell's authority and fled to the Isle of Man, also owned by the family, to fight to re-instate the monarchy; that backfired on him, as he was beheaded at Bolton in 1651. It is also recorded in the Hall's history that one of Charles I's illegitimate sons hatched a plot to claim the throne from Bidston Hall. There was also scandal brewing for a number of years between the 'Bard of Bidston', Lord William Stanley, and William Shakespeare. It seems that they were once friends (Lord Stanley was noted as the Bard's Patron) but that their relationship became a less than a happy one. Shakespeare was invited into Stanley's troupe of players and playwrights but it seems that Lord Stanley was not at all impressed by Shakespeare and remarked that the Bard 'was not all he was made out to be'. He insisted that Shakespeare had plagiarised his work, or at least borrowed heavily from his experiences. Whatever the case it seems clear that by the end of their acquaintance there was no love lost between them.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 8:57pm
LOL those freeze frames are fantastic i aint downloaded monday nights yet but waddi fantastic looking stright down the camera lol smile
Posted By: chiccy Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 10:39pm
are they in bidston tonight!?!??!?!

the tunnels!??!
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 10:44pm
they are in the hall smile
Posted By: krisGTi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 10:45pm
any1 recordin tonights 1 ? my sky dont seem to want to work
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 10:46pm
there is a web link that waddi posted further backin the thread they seem to be slowly but surely putting each night on there
Posted By: krisGTi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 10:51pm
kwl will have to look out for it
Posted By: Waddi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 11:03pm
That link I posted has now exceeded their bandwith, what a suprise.
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 11:26pm
right guys,I`ve been watching most haunted in Bidston,I have a lot of contradictions,more so to thier historians.The info they have came up with is so innaccurate.If doing a live show in any town then what better info could you gain from a local historian who knows the area better than 2 eegits on a laptop who is situated 3 mile away.
Posted By: Wench Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 15th Jan 2009 11:33pm
raftl

Maybe you should think of a change of career hon!
Posted By: Waddi Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 16th Jan 2009 12:11am
Not even a mention of Tilly, Move over Jake, let the locals have their turn.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 16th Jan 2009 12:28am
Not even a mention of Tilly, Move over Jake, let the locals have their turn.

withthat
Posted By: Lauzzy Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 16th Jan 2009 12:48am
I just met Yvette. hahahahhahaa.
yeah there were quite alot of peeps gathered outside. saw the ambulance come in aswell
Posted By: ponytail Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 16th Jan 2009 9:44am
I heard that 'David' needed to have a paramedic and to be taken to hospital - was this David Wells? He has confirmed he is leaving the show.
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 16th Jan 2009 10:04am
Originally Posted by dava2479
right guys,I`ve been watching most haunted in Bidston,I have a lot of contradictions,more so to thier historians.The info they have came up with is so innaccurate.If doing a live show in any town then what better info could you gain from a local historian who knows the area better than 2 eegits on a laptop who is situated 3 mile away.

HERE HERE they should of looked at our history pages
Posted By: Angel_x Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 16th Jan 2009 10:33am
I have a spare ticket for tonight. I'm going over at 3.30 so if anyone wants it's ill be there.
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 16th Jan 2009 11:30am
night four is now online click here
Posted By: Lauzzy Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 16th Jan 2009 12:25pm
Originally Posted by gloria
I heard that 'David' needed to have a paramedic and to be taken to hospital - was this David Wells? He has confirmed he is leaving the show.

not sure who it was, but yeah he did have to be taken to the hospital
Posted By: LukeORourke Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 16th Jan 2009 12:50pm
quote from the most haunted live web site

"Soon after this was said, David the sound man seemed to collapse and for the first time this week a paramedic was called in, resulting in an ambulance arriving."

it was 'david' the soundman, do not worry it was not David Wells
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 16th Jan 2009 9:52pm
Brian Sheperd mentioned the word Cameo and the name Kelly whilst in the cells below st Georges Hall, some info :-

The Cameo Murder
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
On the evening of 19 March 1949, the Cameo cinema in Liverpool, England, was the scene of a brutual double murder which led, eventually to a miscarriage of justice. The cinema manager, Leonard Thomas was counting the day's takings assisted by his deputy, Bernard Catterall when a masked man entered their office armed with a pistol. After demanding they hand over a bag of cash, which it appears they were reluctant to do, the man shot both of them fatally. He then made his escape from the building empty handed after threatening other members of the cinema staff who had come to the men's aid.

Liverpool Police launched a huge manhunt for the killer, which turned up few leads until some months later they received a letter from a pair of convicted criminals, a prostitute and her pimp. Jacqueline Dickson and James Northam were prepared to assist the police with information on the murders in return for immunity from prosecution themselves. This resulted in the arrest of two Liverpool men, Charles Connolly, 26 and George Kelly, 27. Kelly had convictions for petty theft whilst Connolly had been in trouble for brawling. Despite their protestations that they had never met before and both being able to produce sound alibis for the evening of the 19 March, the pair were charged with the murder of the two men in the cinema.

They stood trial at Liverpool Assizes in the city's St Georges Hall on 12 January 1950 before Mr. Justice Roland Oliver. The prosecution's case was that Kelly had been the gunman and that Connolly had acted as lookout as well as having planned the robbery.

In his evidence, Northam alleged that he and Dickson had been present in the Bee Hive public house in Mount Pleasant with the defendants when they were plotting the crime; had seen Kelly loading a pistol; and that Kelly had borrowed his (Northam's) overcoat for use as a disguise during the robbery. Dickson stated that Kelly had borrowed a dark scarf or apron to use as a mask, blatantly trying it on in front of the customers of the crowded pub before he and Connolly boarded a tram to take them to the Edge Hill area. No witnesses to this action were ever found. Northam claimed he had originally planned to assist in the robbery but the sight of the gun had frightened him off.

Much was made of the evidence of Robert Graham, a Preston criminal serving a sentence in Walton Prison at the same time that Kelly and Connolly were on remand there, who claimed to have overheard the men discussing their guilt as they sat in adjacent cells. He also alleged that both Kelly and Connolly had separately confessed their part in the murders to him in the exercise yard. Both men denied this and were unlikely to have made such a damning confession to a total stranger. Graham was later rewarded for his evidence with a reduction in his sentence.

Kelly had spent almost the whole day and early evening of the murder drinking heavily and many witnesses came forward to confirm the fact that he was clearly half drunk as the day wore on. The cinema staff however, were quite certain the man who threatened them outside the manager's office before sprinting out of the building and away up a side street, so quickly they could not keep up with him was not somebody who had been drinking. Forensic examination of the crime scene and the angle of the bullet wounds in the victims bodies indicated that the person who fired the shots had held the gun in his left hand. Kelly was right-handed.

After what was then one of the longest murder trials in British legal history, the jury failed to reach a verdict and a retrial was ordered, this time with the defendants tried separately.

Kelly was tried first and, despite a spirited defence by Rose Heilbron KC he was found guilty and sentenced to death. Connolly was then offered the chance to plead guilty to conspiracy and being an accessory. Faced with the certainty that he would otherwise be convicted of murder and share the fate of his co-accused if he refused, he had little choice other than to accept the offer and plead accordingly. Contrary to popular belief, Connolly did not turn King's Evidence but simply pleaded guilty to the charges laid before him. His plea however, destroyed Kelly's assertions of his own innocence and despite an appeal against his conviction, Kelly was executed at Walton Prison, Liverpool by Albert Pierrepoint and his assistant Harry Allen on 28 March 1950. He continued to assert his innocence, even on the scaffold. Connolly was released from prison in 1957 and died in 1997. Shortly before his death, he took part in an interview on BBC Radio Merseyside, during which he reaffirmed both his and Kelly's innocence.

The case caused considerable disquiet in legal circles for many years and there were a number of attempts to have it re-opened. The evidence put forward by the prosecution had emanated from witnesses who could hardly be described as being of sterling character. Dickson was a convicted prostitute and thief who, two years after the Cameo trial was sentenced, with others to a lengthy prison term for the violent robberies of a number of her clients. Northam had been a criminal since the age of 14 and had spent much of the 1940s in and out of prison. Graham shared a similar background. All three stood to gain by their testimony. The detective who led the investigation, Chief Superintendent Herbert Balmer had difficulty in coroborating much of the prosecution evidence during the trial and many prosecution witness statements bore the sign of police coaching. Employer's timesheets, which detailed Connolly's movements on the day of the murder, had been amateurishly tampered with. Witness statements that favoured the accused men were held back by the police, a fact later discovered by a local businessman, Luigi Santangeli who set out to investigate the crime on behalf of Connolly in the 1990s and was given access to the case files by Merseyside Police.

Most importantly, scant attention was paid to the fact that another Liverpool criminal, Donald Johnson, had demonstrated an intimate knowledge of the crime after being arrested for burglary in Birkenhead and had been charged with complicity in the murders prior to the arrest of Kelly and Connolly. Johnson had been transferred to Walton Prison from Birkenhead, where he admitted to another prisoner that he had been involved in the cinema shootings. This man was non other than Robert Graham - the same public spirited criminal who would later tell a court that Connolly and Kelly had admitted being the murderers. During questioning, Johnson admitted being in the vicinity of the cinema at the time of the murders and had, in fact been stopped by a police constable, suspicious of his loitering, who had demanded to see his identity card and then taken his name. Johnson, during police interrogation, referred to the murder weapon as being an automatic - which was correct but a fact known only to the police, the gunman and his accomplices, if any. He also told police that he knew the identity of the gunman but had taken a religious oath not to reveal his name. Because Johnson's entire statement was ruled inadmissible, after it was discovered that the police had obtained it by threats and inducement, an attempt to try him as an accessory failed and he was freed by the judge. Liverpool Police were then left in the embarrassing and unenviable position of having lost their most likely suspect - who could not be even questioned about the case again - due to their own ineptitude. Given the magnitude of the crime, reputations and careers would no doubt have been in jeopardy and the investigation team were in desperate need of fresh suspects. Donald Johnson later claimed that he had lied about what he knew of the shooting in the hope that he could get the police to dismiss his Birkenhead offence. Confessing to even peripheral involvement in a brutal double murder however, simply to have a mere burglary charge dismissed, would seem an unlikely course of action for an experienced criminal like Johnson to take and he clearly had some first hand knowledge of the crime.

Eventually the case reached the Court of Criminal Appeal in February 2001 and in June 2003 Kelly's and Connolly's convictions were judged to be unsafe and were duly quashed. Kelly's remains were taken from their burial place in Walton prison by his family and he was given a dignified funeral after a service in Liverpool's Metropolitan Cathedral of Christ the King.
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 16th Jan 2009 10:07pm
Good find Jonno and a very interesting but sad story.I am watching it at the mo,so that`s the reason why they were told not to mention Kell`s name again on the show.mmm.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 17th Jan 2009 10:49am
interesting think Good find Jonno happy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 17th Jan 2009 12:01pm
I have a spare ticket for tonight. I'm going over at 3.30 so if anyone wants it's ill be there.

did you get in last night chick think
Posted By: Angel_x Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 17th Jan 2009 12:20pm
I did jase! was amazing! I was on tv lol
Posted By: Angel_x Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 17th Jan 2009 12:59pm
Did anyone record it last night?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 17th Jan 2009 1:39pm
I did jase! was amazing! I was on tv lol

:yip:nice one thumbsup
Posted By: IanDennett Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 10th Feb 2009 12:58pm
how do you register for the dibbinsdale ghost vigil.
https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...sdale_bridge_woods_ghost.html#Post290670

Go to this thread.
how do i put name down though cant see option
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Most Haunted live Merseyside 10th-16th Jan - 10th Feb 2009 5:13pm
copy and paste the list then add your name smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral