Forums
Posted By: vw_kyle Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 10th Mar 2008 7:27pm
clicky
Is rite me nan and grandad walked through it when it opened am well up for this laugh
Me too, I'm well up for it
Posted By: Mark Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 10th Mar 2008 7:41pm
£5 Each

http://www.pennineevents.co.uk/Upcoming.html

Still worth it i reckon smile
drive thru for 1.10 or walk for a fiver, how stupid is that
Yeah would be just for the experience and to say you did it like...

Just thinkin about when me nan and grandad said they walked through it to me, could be saying it to me own grankids in years to come...

smile
Well actually make that decades to come... not avin kids for a longgggg time!!

smile
suppose looking at it that way, ps the Tyne tunnel is shorter but costs 1.20
Originally Posted by placidmaster
drive thru for 1.10 or walk for a fiver, how stupid is that

it was £1.30 last time I went through, and is rising to £1.40 soon, if not already.

smile
id be up 4 it
Posted By: Mark Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 10th Mar 2008 7:51pm
& Cleaner wink

You can order your tickets online, which goes via world pay.
Just want to know if the tickets are transferable ?
If i'm working or something i would give my ticket away.

get an in car polutant filter then and be fresh lol
Wow i think thats cool. I'm well up for it. can you not pay on the day?
Don't forget that this includes a trip over the Mersey by ferry as well as the walk through the tunnel, and a classic car show. So all in all, it is actually quite worth the £5.00 ticket price.

A single by ferry alone costs £2.60 nowadays, plus £1.40 to go through the tunnel by car, so that is £4.00 alone. Im not sure if the price includes travel by ferry to and from the event to (as it starts on the Liverpool side) so it may even be more worth it.

Besides which, £5.00 for a possible once in a lifetime achievement, just to be able to say in year's to come, that you did it, like so many can say who did it the few time's it was allowed in the past, is absolutely nothing tbh.

I doubt you will be able to pay on the day; I would think the reason for making it ticket based is so they can account and prepare for health and safety requirements etc... These are the days of New Labour where you can't have a shit in you're own toilet without the HSE wanting to know about it, and Brown trying to tax you on it. Long gone are the good old days where they would have just opened it as a free for all and let anyone and everyone sqeeze through with no mercy!

smile
Posted By: Peachy Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 13th Mar 2008 12:31pm
ooh ok then i best buy one online then. smile
Posted By: Mark Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 13th Mar 2008 7:16pm
Ive contacted the Organiser and they say any tickets are not transferable. (online booking method).

And its unlikely that there will be any tickets on the day
to purchase. So i think the tickets will have a name on them,
but how will they know you are you smile

So order your ticket under the name of "Tony"
Tony's good for men and woman lol
Posted By: Peachy Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 13th Mar 2008 11:20pm
Hahaha! Just orderd mine and toms!!

How exciting!..Easierly amused!

True but it will probz have your seconds name on aswel!
Posted By: Mark Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 13th Mar 2008 11:37pm
But does that mean you have to carry a utility bill with you to get in lol

I think all they can prove is what they see.

Male : Yep
Good Lookin : Yep

Let him in lol
Posted By: Peachy Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 14th Mar 2008 12:24am
Oh yer, I never though of that!! hmmmm....

Maybe they send them to your house!?

x
I suppose the tickets will come with instructions on what, if any, ID to carry.

I havent ordered mine yet, so when anyone gets some, perhaps they could post any details up.

smile
Posted By: Mark Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 15th Mar 2008 12:12pm
Okay ive just ordered 2 tickets online.

I still fail to see how they can police the "Whois" of the Ticket.

Male or Female is asked of.
Date of Birth and address but that's it.
Originally Posted by Mark
Okay ive just ordered 2 tickets online.

I still fail to see how they can police the "Whois" of the Ticket.

Male or Female is asked of.
Date of Birth and address but that's it.

If the tickets request you to bring some for of photograpic ID with you, and they check this, it's pretty easy for them to police the event.

I doubt they will, but it's actually very easy for them to do so. So I hope you didnt order them both under the name Tony lmao.

smile
Posted By: Mark Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 15th Mar 2008 6:05pm
Didnt ask for any ID when i paid.
If its in the T & C then i missed it.

But its as simple as you like.

Name
Postcode
Date of Birth
+
+
World Pay
Pay for your ticket smile
Hopefully you will recieve the tickets on Tuesday or Wednesday, so it should confirm if you require any ID when attending the event.

smile
Posted By: Mark Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 29th Mar 2008 10:58am
Just sent them an e-mail asking when the tickets
will be sent out as i have not had mine yet?
Posted By: Waddi Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 31st Mar 2008 9:29pm
I walked it last time in 1994. with my Nan and Cousins.

I was so up for this, but then checked and found out that I was working, so thought I'll have to book it off, then realised that the 15th June is Fathers day and I have already requested it off and have been told 4hours off out of my 12hr shift is the most I can have.
Posted By: Waddi Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 31st Mar 2008 10:19pm
[youtube]ZdBKg-KxHH0[/youtube]

the 1st minute or 2.
Posted By: Mark Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 31st Mar 2008 10:26pm
vid not working?

is now wink

Its working now.
Posted By: Mark Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 31st Mar 2008 10:29pm
Thats a hell of i find wink
Posted By: Waddi Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 31st Mar 2008 10:36pm
I'll post it in the queensway tunnel thread, and also link to this thread in there aswell.
Posted By: Mark Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 13th Apr 2008 8:06pm
If i can make it i wont be going on the Ferry ?

Because :

The walk is from Liverpool to Birkenhead smack
And there's no point in taking the ferry back over to get the train back learn raftl

There is also a vintage rally going through the Tunnel too smile
It seems you may have mis-understood:

Everyone taking part will receive a specially cast commemorative medal and free travel on the Mersey Ferries to and from the event.

smile
Posted By: Mark Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 13th Apr 2008 8:17pm
Haaa

So we can just stay on do the circuit lol

I think i will just get the train to Lime Street
and walk down.

I bought more tickets today so there still selling smile

Tickets will be issued at the end of may smile
I aint purchased me tickets yet so that's good to know...

I can just imagine how crammed the ferries are going to be, so the Lime St idea sounds good lol.

smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 13th Apr 2008 10:37pm
I've just bought my tickets smile

I'm guessing there will be over 5,000 people there as my ticket number is above that?
hmm...im already SOOOOO bored of going through the tunnels...(several times aday at least!)...i think ill pass on this one!
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 25th May 2008 11:07am
Got my number through the post the other day.

I start at 11am, for numbers from 3001 to 6000 start at 11:45am

Theres also a bike ride on the 6th July from Liverpool to Chester through the Queensway tunnel
Posted By: krisGTi Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 25th May 2008 11:21am
i got mine though 2 think i start at 11
Posted By: Mark Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 26th May 2008 8:50pm
And i will be the idiot with this on my back

Attached picture tunnel-walk.jpg
ok, so anyone wanting to take part and not paid, just quote the number 302 and your name is Mark lol
Posted By: Pomp Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 26th May 2008 9:35pm
lmao!!!
Posted By: Mark Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 27th May 2008 5:43pm
Originally Posted by BMW Joe
ok, so anyone wanting to take part and not paid, just quote the number 302 and your name is Mark lol
My missus might just have somthing to say lol..

But by all accounts there doesn't seem any reason why i cant
pass on my Girlfriends Numbers if she's working?
I doubt they'll have DNA testing or fingerprint recognition to let you do it lol so dont see why not, all the details are on the back of your card, so just say your that person and you should be ok wink
"do bring sunscreen and a hat"

why? its in a tunnel?? think

"do wear your events number on your front until you have completed the event"

wonder if we can walk through the Rendel St. branch?
Posted By: Mark Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 27th May 2008 6:05pm
Doubt it you cant even smoke in there lol
Nor leave any litter.

Joe you getting the train over on that day?
As we can all meet up so its not so boring lol

It says we get a medal as we walk through the toll booths.
yeah im getting the train over
Posted By: Mark Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 27th May 2008 6:31pm
Nice one arrange a time near the time lol
are you lot doin the tunnel walk ? haha xx
yeah
Might not be able to make it to this now frown
Awwws gutted not really haha
I spend far too much time going back n forth thro the tunnels...to want to walk thro it? thinking I will pass
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 13th Jun 2008 1:47pm
how do i get tickets for sunday walk through the tunnel what site they on
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 13th Jun 2008 3:23pm
Originally Posted by nissan_kyle

happy
Posted By: Waddi Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 13th Jun 2008 3:50pm
Originally Posted by Pennine events
ONLINE ENTRY IS NOW CLOSED FOR THE UNDER AND OVER THE MERSEY TUNNEL WALK.

You can enter this event via any of the Merseytravel Centres across the region, or you may enter the event on the day of the event itself (Sunday 15th June 08) between 11:45am and 2:30pm at St Georges Hall, William Brown Street entrance.

ALL TICKETS WILL BE £5.00 PER PERSON (Under 5's free).
Posted By: Waddi Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 14th Jun 2008 7:30pm
I registered today at Birkenhead Bus Station, So Im doing it, wonder what the DVD is.
Wont be there now as I'm still working away
Posted By: Waddi Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 14th Jun 2008 8:36pm
I feel so gutted for ya fella.
Posted By: Mark Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 15th Jun 2008 6:26am
Hopefully i should get some cool pics today wink
And post them later ish..
Posted By: Mark Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 15th Jun 2008 1:53pm
This is what i got for doing the Tunnel Walk smile
It only took 45mins to walk through believe it or not.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My Pictures from today thumbsup
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

looks like a top day thumbsup
Posted By: Waddi Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 15th Jun 2008 3:10pm
Some cool pics there Mark, I walked through at 12:00, finished it at 13:00 but I was pushing a pram aswell.

Will try and get some pics up later
Posted By: Waddi Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 15th Jun 2008 3:32pm
You watchd your DVD yet Mark?
Posted By: Mark Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 15th Jun 2008 5:15pm
errr listened to it for 2 seconds is only sound
no pictures but i only checked quickly.
Brill!
Thanks for sharing. I really wish now that I'd shifted my @rse and done it. Hey Ho!
Posted By: Mark Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 15th Jun 2008 5:17pm
I got woop wooped by the bizzy's taking this one lol

woop woop = Siren and an arm movement lol

[Linked Image]

tee hee, had to be done wink
How naughty of u mark lol
you must of bin just infront of me mark

Attached picture 2008_0615-0043.jpg
Posted By: jonah Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 15th Jun 2008 8:51pm
omfg!!!!!!!!!!!

that looked AMAZIN!!

was it a 1 off!?
Posted By: Waddi Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 15th Jun 2008 9:10pm
Well its the 75th birthday of the tunnel next year so they may do it agian then.

pics are comin
Posted By: Waddi Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 15th Jun 2008 9:13pm
My pics, done my best to try and not duplicate Marks.

Attached picture DSCF4137 (Small).jpg
Attached picture DSCF4142 (Small).jpg
Attached picture DSCF4151 (Small).jpg
Attached picture DSCF4196 (Small).jpg
Attached picture DSCF4201 (Small).jpg
Posted By: Waddi Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 15th Jun 2008 9:15pm
next

Attached picture DSCF4210 (Small).jpg
Attached picture DSCF4240 (Small).jpg
Attached picture DSCF4254 (Small).jpg
Attached picture DSCF4256 (Small).jpg
Attached picture DSCF4276 (Small).jpg
Posted By: Waddi Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 15th Jun 2008 9:25pm
last lot

Attached picture DSCF4288 (Small).jpg
Attached picture DSCF4293 (Small).jpg
Attached picture DSCF4297 (Small).jpg
Attached picture DSCF4316 (Small).jpg
Attached picture DSCF4323 (Small).jpg
Posted By: Waddi Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 15th Jun 2008 9:26pm
sorry there not in order
there great too waddi!!

id defo like to do this next time tho laugh x
Posted By: Waddi Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 15th Jun 2008 9:55pm
[youtube]Y8sHaGv8mT8[/youtube]
Posted By: Mark Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 16th Jun 2008 7:22am
So that's what the racket was at the front lol

Nice one waddi,
nice one Kris im amazed you didn't see me as i was running around
like a blue arse fly lol
Posted By: Waddi Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 16th Jun 2008 10:26am
Mark, I think you were home and posted your pics by the time that band was coming through
i think them pics are amazing, really good...

a lot of people turned up...wish i had..didnt even knwo it was going on, else i would come frown
nikki u call me blond it was posted on here !!! haah
yeh well i didnt see it, i wish i had of gone now frown looked a good day
Posted By: Waddi Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 16th Jun 2008 1:25pm
it was in the up and coming event for ages
Posted By: Mark Re: Sunday 15th June: Walk through the tunnel 2008 - 18th Jun 2008 6:51am
an ages...
Great pics guys.

Loioks like you all had a good day.

Shame I couldn't make it - S'pose I've gotta wait 14 years now til the next one lol
Originally Posted by BMW Joe

Shame I couldn't make it - S'pose I've gotta wait 14 years now til the next one lol

Guess again Joe - Under and Over the Mersey 2009
Watching the band coming out of the tunnel reminded me of the Orange Lodge marches which used to march down Grange Road playing until they reached St Werburghs Church when they would stop playing and as soon as they'd marched past they would start banging the drums and start playing again

Anyone know where they started off from and what route they took
I think they finished in Southport
When was the last march down Grange Road
yerr tunnels lol

quality smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral