Forums
Posted By: MGCraig Oulton Park....Again !!! - 26th Jul 2007 9:40pm
Yup..racin once again....neone gonna go.....shud be good....its gonna be dry (hopefully) sunny and warm all weekend....well until sunday...but ignore that...excellent way to enjoy the weather..and some good close racin....if i dont see anyone there....im gonna come to all ur houses and confront you personally with a very large rottweiler....

Cockshoot Cup Championship
Scottish XR's
BRSCC Club Formula Ford NW Championship 1
BRSCC Club Formula Ford NW Championship 2
Ford XR Challenge
Scottish Minis
Dunlop Fiat Motorsport Championship Group 1
Dunlop Fiat Motorsport Championship Group 2

thats what racin
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Oulton Park....Again !!! - 26th Jul 2007 11:23pm
Pembrey this weekend for me smile
Posted By: Waddi Re: Oulton Park....Again !!! - 26th Jul 2007 11:34pm
Is it free?
Posted By: jonah Re: Oulton Park....Again !!! - 27th Jul 2007 3:20am
would love to go but am on call this weekend.. thumbsdown cry
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Oulton Park....Again !!! - 27th Jul 2007 10:00pm
Think ill pass hehe!
Posted By: jonah Re: Oulton Park....Again !!! - 28th Jul 2007 4:57pm
Originally Posted by MattyC
Think ill pass hehe!

yeh it'd mean tearin urself away from doctor who, matty..
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Oulton Park....Again !!! - 28th Jul 2007 5:56pm
Lol no Doctor Who this weekend hehe! Just find it better to watch racing on tv lmao! Multiple camera angles, no fuss, cant beat it im afraid.

Its not like football, tennis snooker etc where you can see all the action, a couple of cars go flying past you every few minutes and thats it lol!
Posted By: jonah Re: Oulton Park....Again !!! - 28th Jul 2007 5:57pm
lol, i just think u cant beat the atmosphere of actually being there... thumbsup
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Oulton Park....Again !!! - 28th Jul 2007 5:59pm
I agree if you are in a stand, the atmosphere will be great. But most races I see on tv, the people who arnt in stands, are just standing around yawning and looking generally bored until the cars go past lol.

smile
Posted By: jonah Re: Oulton Park....Again !!! - 28th Jul 2007 6:17pm
lol, thats cos they all arses,and probably not interested in cars as much as us, the younger generation.. flex
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Oulton Park....Again !!! - 28th Jul 2007 10:07pm
well......really decent turnout today...weather was brilliant...racing fantastic....only downside..the unos and puntos in their race were 1.3s.....so very slow.....

We managed a second...he was quliafyin pole the entire session, got pipped by a tenth on th last lap....come th race..stew managed to get first early on...but Xavier, who started in 3rd, caught up and passed due to dropped oil......in the end the split was 8 thousands of a second...Good close race tho

Stuy!! how was Pembrey ???
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Oulton Park....Again !!! - 30th Jul 2007 1:59pm
Originally Posted by MattyC
I agree if you are in a stand, the atmosphere will be great. But most races I see on tv, the people who arnt in stands, are just standing around yawning and looking generally bored until the cars go past lol.

smile

You dont get the smell, the true sound and a look round the pits on TV. wink

Pembrey was pretty decent, dry for the actual time of Practise / qualifying / racing, but wet at night frown

Neil Had a few problems with the starion, which are being put down to teething problems as it was its first race in its current trim, and my other mate Carl cooked the Headgasket on his Civic frown

Had better weekends, but it was still a good laugh though - its what you make of it all at the end of the day smile
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Oulton Park....Again !!! - 30th Jul 2007 10:40pm
at least ya enjoyed urself....thats one thing ya cant say for watchin it on tv.....u can sit on ur arse and watch it...but once its over..what do ya do then??? WATCH MORE TV??

Also...it kinda helps to be in a hands on situation....to learn bout cars etc...its all good and well watchin em on tv...seein how theyw ork..but until ya actually see it in person....its kinda useless info
© Wirral-Wikiwirral