Forums
Posted By: BMW Joe June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 22nd May 2007 10:04pm
Marie Curie Cancer Care is now recruiting people from across Merseyside for their Leasowe Lighthouse abseil on June 10.

Suitable for beginners or experienced abseilers it is open to ages 12 and above, there will be a dramatic drop of approximately 110ft with stunning views across the estuary.

Fundraising manager Christine O'Sullivan said: "We have a team of the best instructors who will instil confidence even in those participants who are scared of heights!
"I was terrified at the top, but it was one of the most exhilarating things I’ve ever done."
Brenda Donaldson

"It was an absolutely fantastic event last year, and well worth the effort just to take in the beautiful views from the top of the lighthouse."

Challenge yourself to do an abseil at the Leasowe Lighthouse.

Show you care by taking advantage of this challenge to raise funds for Marie Curie Cancer Care Nursing Services.

If you ever fancied doing an abseil here is your chance. To take part simply contact your local fundraiser.

Contact
Liverpool fundraising office

Telephone
0151 801 1414

More Info
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 22nd May 2007 10:06pm
Looks and sounds like such an amazing experience, that I don't think I could miss out.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 22nd May 2007 10:21pm
I might do this yano, used to love abseiling, aint done it for years now.

We should try n get a team together to do it!

smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 22nd May 2007 10:22pm
Deffo, I'm well up for it
Posted By: MattLFC Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 22nd May 2007 10:27pm
Okies we shall get our names down in a list then:

The 2007 Wikiwirral Leasowe Lighthouse Abseil For The Marie Curie Cancer Charity:

1. BMW Joe
2. MattyC

Come on peeps, this will be loads of fun and doing something for chairty at the same time! Its not hard at all, its not like climbing, ye just drop pretty much lol, but it gets the old adrenaline racing.

smile
Posted By: Pomp Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 23rd May 2007 12:06am
Date: Sunday June 10, 2007
Venue: Leasowe Lighthouse
Price: £10 registration fee
region: North

This sounds really gd, i will have to see about this. Any idea when you have to register by?
Posted By: krisGTi Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 23rd May 2007 7:17am
count me in
1. BMW Joe
2. MattyC
3. kris
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 23rd May 2007 11:54am
just ordered a pack, so if anyone wants a form let me know.

£10 registration fee and fundraising on top of that is optional but preffered

theres no latest date of registration, but the sooner you register the better cas places are goin very quickly.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 24th May 2007 9:18am
you mean the registration fee is optional as well? Or just the fundraising?

smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 24th May 2007 11:40am
just the fund raising is optional matey. registration fee is required
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 24th May 2007 6:24pm
Got the forms today. I have 10 altogether so plenty for anyone else to add their name to the list.

Take a read through it below.

You can either print off the full form youself from the attached image and send it off, or if you want to go as a group, we can meet and you can sign the form and I'll send off everyones registration fee as a cheque.

£10 registration fee is required and it is asked that you raise a minium of £100, which seems a bit high to me but I doubt it is compulsary, but I'll check that tomorrow.

Attached picture 798-wikiwirral-FullForm.jpg
Attached picture 799-wikiwirral-2.jpg
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 24th May 2007 6:27pm
Ahh tis ok, just read it properly...

"All you need to take part is complete the form opposite and return it with your £10 registration fee"

Anyone wanna sponsor me then? lol
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 24th May 2007 11:35pm
Any one else for the list?

1. BMW Joe
2. MattyC
3. kris
Posted By: Mark Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 29th May 2007 10:58am
Joe i will sponsor you your £1 - your in kido thumbsup
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 29th May 2007 4:56pm
Cool, I'm sending my form off to register tomorrow morning.

So if Kris or anyone else wants to send a form off together, let me know tonight smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 29th May 2007 10:04pm
Me and Kris are sorted and registering for the afternoon on the sunday smile
Posted By: Pomp Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 29th May 2007 10:32pm
I was gona go but recently jst not feelin 2 well, caught a sore throat an think a cold is coming on its way. But am hoping it'll go away in time for the meets.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 29th May 2007 10:34pm
Pfft no excuse.

Sore throat doesnt stop you clambering down the side of a lighthouse wink

I think you're just scared haha
Posted By: krisGTi Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 30th May 2007 12:09am
an plus its after the meet pomp.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 1st Jun 2007 6:30pm
Got my sponsorship form today smile

So if anyone wants to sponsor me, bring a couple of quid to the next cruisewirral meet and you can fill in the sponsorship form.

It's all for a good cause - Funding for the Marie Curie Hospice in Liverpool

If anyone wants to watch on the day, I'm abseiling at 1pm smile
Posted By: krisGTi Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 3rd Jun 2007 11:23pm
got my sponsorship form on satday

so if u would like 2 sponsor me aswell it would b much apresheated

an am doin mine at 1pm aswell
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 5th Jun 2007 4:51pm
I'll sponsor you mate - £2 lol

I've managed to raise £42 so far.

I hope some of you bring some loose change with you to the cw meet wink thumbsup
Posted By: Pomp Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 5th Jun 2007 4:55pm
Am sure we will, got few pennies lyin around the car raftl lol jokes i'll have few quids for ur sponsor
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 10th Jun 2007 10:18am
right...off to do this at 1pm, so if anyone wants to come and watch me and Kris fall to our deaths, you're welcome lol
Posted By: Mark Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 10th Jun 2007 10:27am
Have a good time mate, i dont have wheels or i may have come along to grease the rope lol...

Well done, i know both of you have raised alot of money thumbsup
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 10th Jun 2007 10:43am
lol cheers.

yeah, I think Kris has managed to raise nearly £70, and somehow I've managed to raise £101 lol

Not bad going considering we've only had abut a week to ask people.

Thanks to everyone who sponsored us smile even you Mark, with your measly quid tease
Posted By: Mark Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 10th Jun 2007 2:21pm
a quid took you over £100 wink
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 10th Jun 2007 4:05pm
Some pics from today.

Was an amazing experience. The hardest part was the climb up the stairs!!!

I was a bit nervous when I got to the top, but it was well good on the way down..and I won against kris I was first to the bottom laugh

Those that didnt do it missed out big time, it was so much fun that I wanted to go again and again.

Attached picture 1009-wikiwirral-1.jpg
Attached picture 1010-wikiwirral-2.jpg
Attached picture 1011-wikiwirral-3.jpg
Attached picture 1012-wikiwirral-4.jpg
Attached picture 1013-wikiwirral-5.jpg
Attached picture 1014-wikiwirral-6.jpg
Attached picture 1015-wikiwirral-7.jpg
Posted By: krisGTi Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 10th Jun 2007 5:17pm
yep was a grate day an there was a good turn out an the weather was grate, i will deffo do it again.

the stair case just seeed 2 go on 4 ever an then the absail felt like it was over in seconds. there was a coupil who went down in a sute an a weddin dress.

Attached picture 1018-wikiwirral-Copyof1017-wikiwirral-lighthouse.JPG
Posted By: MGCraig Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 10th Jun 2007 10:19pm
hahah sounds class....kinda wish id had a go now
Posted By: Mark Re: June 10th: Abseil the Leasowe Lighthouse - 10th Jun 2007 10:31pm
WOW that's alot higher than you think isnt it.

Glad you enjoyed it and well done to both of you wink

Dunno why you had your head painted red lol wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral