Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Back from the NW Stages!!! We finished!!! - 18th Feb 2007 4:58pm
Well, got back from the NW Stages this morning, after a long and hard Saturday of rallying.

Got a decent result, finished 29th from 120 starters over 23 special stages, though nearly 1/2 dropped though mechanical problems, accidents, or running out of time.

Car ran superb all day, though we did have a few incidents including going up on 2 wheels, a few punctures - one of which sent us in to a pair of posts on my side of the car, and an off at about 80mph through a field and clouting a man hole cover - yes that did knacker the wheel lol

Anyways, heres a few pics - didnt really get time to take many as I was in the car from 8am to 8pm with only a couple of piss stops lol

Car when we had arrived:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Wheel following the "off" with the man hole cover:

[Linked Image]

Damage from posts:

[Linked Image]

And heres a few randoms, inc one of a Bugatti Veron we spotted on the way home omg

[Linked Image]
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Back from the NW Stages!!! We finished!!! - 18th Feb 2007 4:58pm
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: spinking Re: Back from the NW Stages!!! We finished!!! - 18th Feb 2007 5:12pm
Well done stu.

Them offs your bad notes by anychance LOL.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Back from the NW Stages!!! We finished!!! - 18th Feb 2007 5:37pm
Nope grin

First one was because of the puncture, adn the second one was because we had to go in to the stage on Slicks as we didnt have time to change them, but even saying that, it was only a very short section where there was mud on the road. We where very lucky, a Sierra Saphire in our class had gone though before us, had a big off, and the driver had to be air ambulanced out omg Thankfully he only suffered a broken leg.

I kinda cost us 50secs over the day through lateness to arrivals, though traffic was the cause, the navigator has to accept the responsibilty frown
Posted By: John WRX Re: Back from the NW Stages!!! We finished!!! - 19th Feb 2007 12:10am
No excuse when you co driving for me mate lol.
How you fixed for Sunday May 6th - 3 Sisters ??
Prom Rally too if you fancy it?
Posted By: Mark Re: Back from the NW Stages!!! We finished!!! - 19th Feb 2007 12:26am
Well done stuy on that result,
i know you were looking forward to this.

Wow what an experience, to sit shit scared from 8am to 8pm.

As you say a little luck here and there never hurt anyone.

Hell of an experience, i doubt i could handle that kinda
abuse all day, but i guess i also would be nackard
but loving it lol...

Good on yu Stuy and may this be the start of many more.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Back from the NW Stages!!! We finished!!! - 19th Feb 2007 12:56am
Originally Posted by John WRX
No excuse when you co driving for me mate lol.
How you fixed for Sunday May 6th - 3 Sisters ??
Prom Rally too if you fancy it?

Lol, 3 sisters and the prom are single venue rallys, so theres no road sections to lose time and get penaltys happy

May well take you up on the offer of those dates matey wink

Out of Interest, what intercom do you use? Need to know if I can fit it to my lid, or see if its compatable with the one fitted to mine already.
Posted By: scoop Re: Back from the NW Stages!!! We finished!!! - 19th Feb 2007 7:38pm
jealous of u chewy man. well done,good pics there too.

Is that mr cahills veyron?
Posted By: John WRX Re: Back from the NW Stages!!! We finished!!! - 19th Feb 2007 11:25pm
Peltor Stu, that any good?
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Back from the NW Stages!!! We finished!!! - 20th Feb 2007 8:45pm
Looks like you had a great time Stuy.

Would love to do somethin like that. Well done anyways.

Wheres that pic of the veyron taken...by Copy Lane?
sounds like you had a great ball good pics aswell

well done matey !!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral