Forums
Posted By: corsasportjay Wanted 1.6 GSI Engine or 2.0 Calibre - 29th Oct 2004 10:12am
Wanted 1.6 GSI Engine or 2.0 Calibre 16v Engine! happy
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: Wanted 1.6 GSI Engine or 2.0 Calibre - 29th Oct 2004 1:35pm
go to the scrappys, they usually have loads of engines.
Posted By: corsasportjay Re: Wanted 1.6 GSI Engine or 2.0 Calibre - 29th Oct 2004 2:08pm
Birkenhead scrappys ne gud? Tar m8!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Wanted 1.6 GSI Engine or 2.0 Calibre - 29th Oct 2004 2:19pm
Is it to go in your Nova?

Have you thought about a 1.8 or 2.0 8v motor?

They are much cheaper to buy, and MUCH cheaper and easier to fit smile

I know 2 people who have done both conversions with relitive ease.

1 put a 1.8 in a Nova - kept up with VTS Saxos no problem, and was much quicker than any GTE or GSi - also the driveshafts (pretty sure) are the same (2.0 16v needs different shafts)

The other put a 2.0 8v in an Mk2 Astra Van - dead easy to wire up, driveshafts where the same - all it needed was an injection fuel tank and pump smile
Posted By: corsasportjay Re: Wanted 1.6 GSI Engine or 2.0 Calibre - 29th Oct 2004 2:49pm
Kool!!!! I want an engine i can just replace with my 1.2i i dont wana have to get loads of other stuff and btw im only 17 so insurance is high lol!!!! But i think its just my secret i aint tellin insurance!!!!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Wanted 1.6 GSI Engine or 2.0 Calibre - 29th Oct 2004 2:59pm
If its a 1.2i you may be ok with the tank on the car (as long as it has a swirl pot for fuel pickup) and just need to change the pump to a higher flowing one off the car you get the engine from.

As far as I know, the 8v lumps sit on the same engine mounts at the Nova engines smile
Posted By: DavidB Re: Wanted 1.6 GSI Engine or 2.0 Calibre - 16th Nov 2004 10:14pm
There's a 2litre 16valve 'Redtop' in a Calibra and a 2litre 8valve in another Calibra at a place called Dixons on Cleveland Street in B'Head. They said 350 quid for just the block for the Redtop, so I'd say half that for the 8valve.
On top of that you'd need:

ECU
Wiring loom
Cone airfilter (no space)
Relay board for Fuel pump relay

I'd advise you change the gearbox though, the one in the Nova wouldn't last long, and the driveshafts have more splines, so you'll need two of them (I have two spare). The linkages are the same.

And if that weren't enough, you should get the engine bay seam welded, you'll start to notice little spaces in the bay if you don't. wink
I think that's it, but I'm nay sure about new engine mounts though.

I'll speak you on MSN when I'm not in crappy work.
laugh
Posted By: DavidB Re: Wanted 1.6 GSI Engine or 2.0 Calibre - 16th Nov 2004 10:18pm
Oooh, someone I know is selling this:

C20XE, runs/drives fine, 113k on clock,

includes everything needed for conversion ie engine, gearbox(F20), loom, ecu, driveshafts etc....

£300

Was/Is in a Mk3 Cavalier GSi

wink

In 'Hants' though. frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral