Forums
Posted By: gerrymoore Petrol powered leaf blower/shredder - 26th Oct 2016 6:53am
As title..looking for one asap as I have 10 million council owned leaves to get shut of!!!!!!

Can collect with cash for decent machine.
Posted By: granny Re: Petrol powered leaf blower/shredder - 26th Oct 2016 1:59pm
Thinking the same thing this am. We pay for our brown bins to fill up with council leaves. Not this year my friends far too many of them and if they get compacted because they are wet,, they won't empty the bins anyway.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Petrol powered leaf blower/shredder - 26th Oct 2016 7:09pm
Unless you can blow them off your property i find its quicker to rake them into piles and use couple bits hardboard to pick them up into bin.then use electric blower vac to mop up and blow vac from borders .Otherwise you fill the bag too quick if loads of leaves
Posted By: gerrymoore Re: Petrol powered leaf blower/shredder - 29th Oct 2016 7:09am
I've bought a faulty Makita 4 stroke cheap off EBAY. Sussed it was the ignition module so ordered a new one.

Hopefully I've got an expensive blower for not much dosh...leaves...here I come!!!
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Petrol powered leaf blower/shredder - 29th Oct 2016 10:29am
Hope it does a good blow job! I have a couple of electric flymo ones which are ok but bags unclip when heavy with leaves. Someone gave me a wheeled vac like an upright hoover it works but not when leaves too wet. Could advertise at allotment free leafmould ....collection only.
Posted By: venice Re: Petrol powered leaf blower/shredder - 29th Oct 2016 5:00pm
This is the silly season again when you see council workers blowing the leaves off the pavements whilst they walk forwards, with the wind behind them blowing the leaves back to where they were! Wonderful .
© Wirral-Wikiwirral