Forums
Posted By: DavidB B/W Laser printer - 4th Aug 2015 5:01pm
Need to print off a load of delivery labels now and in the future, so would be handy to have one of these if anyone has one?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: B/W Laser printer - 4th Aug 2015 5:15pm
I've used labels a lot in laser printers in the past, I've find inkjets a lot better in the long term.

When a label peels inside a laser it can be a nightmare and sometimes very costly in time and money. Can be a problem with inkjets occasionally but if you can't fix easily the highest cost is the broken window when you chuck it.

The traditional advantages of laser printers (quality, speed and high volume cost) have been surpassed to all intents and purposes, the disadvantages (cost, toner mess, ability to jam) remain.

While I love my HP inkjet, I use my Epson now because of the cheap ink cartridges, costs are minimal.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: B/W Laser printer - 5th Aug 2015 12:48pm
We do a lot of laser label printing at work, use A4 sheets of Avery labels and never ever had a jam.

David - have a look on Ebay, alter the search to within 20 miles and you might find a bargain to pick up, something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-B...rinter-/301702747557?hash=item463ee295a5

I was selling one on here last month but it went recently.
Posted By: DavidB Re: B/W Laser printer - 7th Aug 2015 9:32am
I just print A4 and fold them Andy I'm not posh enough for sticky labels! I'm never going to use it to print in colour.
I got one on gumtree for £20.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral