Forums
Posted By: gizzin Wanted dead or alive: K40 - 3rd Sep 2014 6:51pm
Lookimg for a K40 CB aerial with a magnetic mount. I need to attach it to my dad's coffin so we can stay in touch.

He wished this and I am serious.

If you have obne pleausre reply.

Tnanks.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Wanted dead or alive: K40 - 3rd Sep 2014 7:48pm
Is he dead yet?. I was wondering where he would need a magnetic one as most coffins are wooden.

Posted By: GeeMeister Re: Wanted dead or alive: K40 - 3rd Sep 2014 10:27pm
Screwing a metal plate to a coffin to attach a mag mount twig is no more surreal than people of the past attaching bells to the outside attached to a cord so they could ring the bell if they were buried before their time. Makes perfect sense. No disrespect, if its the mans request then go for it..sorry bud threw mine out years ago. Good luck and if its relavent, sorry for your loss.
Posted By: gizzin Re: Wanted dead or alive: K40 - 3rd Sep 2014 10:45pm
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
Is he dead yet?. I was wondering where he would need a magnetic one as most coffins are wooden.

Well....Not quite. He wants to be buried in an Oakley metal casing.... Similar to what you would keep your glasses im. I hope I have cleared that point up for you.
Posted By: gizzin Re: Wanted dead or alive: K40 - 3rd Sep 2014 11:02pm
Originally Posted by GeeMeister
Screwing a metal plate to a coffin to attach a mag mount twig is no more surreal than people of the past attaching bells to the outside attached to a cord so they could ring the bell if they were buried before their time. Makes perfect sense. No disrespect, if its the mans request then go for it..sorry bud threw mine out years ago. Good luck and if its relavent, sorry for your loss.

A very good point about attaching a bell to a coffin as they did in the old days.... Who on earth can hear that underground, I ask you? Moderm technology has taken over.... I was thimking of a modile phone but he never answers his.

Thank you for your kind thoughts. I appreciate them. I still want a K40 and you threw one out.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral