Forums
Posted By: SpongesGirl Looking for a new car for a max of £2K - 17th May 2014 9:48pm
I'm currently driving a VW Polo 1.4, Match, 51 reg, 58,000 miles so need to get rid of this to afford the new car, if you're interested let me know.

Now is the hard part, I'm so fussy when it comes to cars. I don't like small girly cars like Ford KA's, Vauxhall Corsa's, Nissan Micra's...(nothing wrong with them cars, just me being fussy and yes the Polo is a small car haha)

I've looked on Autotrader and in newspapers ect so I'm just looking for cars that might not be advertised in said places. Test drove a couple cars but I'm not getting that 'yes, this is me' feeling like I usually do. Like the subject says, I'm looking to spend £2,000 maximum and not a penny over. Any help will be greatly appreciated smile
BMW 1 series? If you don't need 4 seats then a z3 or a z4
Posted By: SpongesGirl Re: Looking for a new car for a max of £2K - 18th May 2014 10:19am
Do you know any for sale for less then £2k? I think that's what my problem is, the cars I like are all over the £3k mark and I cant afford that much as Iv got a mortgage to pay now. Oh the joys of being an adult haha! I love the BMW range though all their cars have got that mean machine look and that's what's I like, not these Corsa's with eyelashes haha!
You can defo get a Z3 or an Audi TT for under 2k. Or a 3 series BMW coupe. The 1 series is a bit more expensive. If the TT is a bit small you could get a Audi a3
Posted By: mikroc Re: Looking for a new car for a max of £2K - 18th May 2014 3:44pm
What your problem with corsas ?
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Looking for a new car for a max of £2K - 18th May 2014 3:51pm
Originally Posted by SpongesGirl

Now is the hard part, I'm so fussy when it comes to cars. I don't like small girly cars like Ford KA's, Vauxhall Corsa's, Nissan Micra's...(nothing wrong with them cars, just me being fussy and yes the Polo is a small car haha)
smile

She doesn't want one;
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Looking for a new car for a max of £2K - 18th May 2014 4:47pm
Toyota Celica?
Posted By: SpongesGirl Re: Looking for a new car for a max of £2K - 18th May 2014 7:06pm
Thanks Vanmanone smile

AX_125, Depends what year Celica because I'm not that keen on the older shaped one.

I'm going to contradict myself slightly here with the not liking small girly cars but I test drove a Mazda MX5 (97 reg) which I really liked but the price wasn't right for the age of the car ect so I tried a newer model (04 plate) and had 2 problems with that one. I couldn't push the pedals all the way down (I'm only 5'2) and on this car the gear stick was too stiff so I pulled my shoulder trying to get it in gear frown (anyone rude minded can have a field day with that sentance haha!)
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: Looking for a new car for a max of £2K - 19th May 2014 10:05am
If you want to go a bit old school then you could look at the mr2, the classic old ones are amazing cars! Not very reliable or Eco in this day and age mind.
So many cars to choose from!
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: Looking for a new car for a max of £2K - 19th May 2014 10:06am
Originally Posted by mikroc
What your problem with corsas ?

There crap! wink

(Matter of opinion of course)
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Looking for a new car for a max of £2K - 19th May 2014 10:38am
Originally Posted by TheComputerLab
If you want to go a bit old school then you could look at the mr2, the classic old ones are amazing cars! Not very reliable or Eco in this day and age mind.
So many cars to choose from!

i have had 4 mk1 mr2's, they never break down. (but rust like hell if untreated).

i have also had 3 gti mk2 mr2's (also reliable) and an mr2 turbo which only had a temp sensor fault (although they do suffer with oil leaks from poor gaskets).
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Looking for a new car for a max of £2K - 19th May 2014 11:23am
You can get a 2004 Celica 190bhp for around £2k.

Good looking, reliable, practical and a hoot to drive. Am torn between one of these and an integra myself at the moment.
Posted By: Martin1943 Re: Looking for a new car for a max of £2K - 30th May 2014 7:31pm
"05 subaru legacy sport estate? £2000
Posted By: SpongesGirl Re: Looking for a new car for a max of £2K - 31st May 2014 9:45am
I'd love a Subaru but would never afford the insurance :-( I don't like estates either my boyfriend has a Vectra Estate and I can't see out the back to park and I'd probs clip kerbs with the arse end haha!

Think I'm gonna save up some more money and maybe go for a BMW 1 series, I might ask for a pay rise in work first though haha!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral