Forums
Posted By: JaseB Mobile Needed - 6th Dec 2013 11:14am
:)Hello all

Unfortunately, I had to part with my mobile (insurance repair) today, which has left me phone-less.

I am after a "reasonable" mobile to tide me over until I get my phone back from the insurers.

Looking to spend around £20-£30 quid, but needs to be unlocked or on Orange network.

Not fussed about anything fancy, and I am partial to the retro phones!

Hope somebody can help, as I have a lonely sim card on me at moment looking for lodgings!

Jason
Posted By: TheDr Re: Mobile Needed - 6th Dec 2013 1:23pm
How "retro" do you want it ?

Nokia 3310 for £20
Posted By: JaseB Re: Mobile Needed - 6th Dec 2013 1:34pm
Not to sound offensive, but bit pricey for 3310.

Do you have a shop, as I might pop in later?
Posted By: TheDr Re: Mobile Needed - 6th Dec 2013 3:22pm
Originally Posted by Jasex
Not to sound offensive, but bit pricey for 3310.

I have an ex-wife, that's even close to offensive.

Do you have a shop, as I might pop in later?

If you have a look at my profile you'll find contact details. smile
Posted By: Madge Re: Mobile Needed - 6th Dec 2013 6:34pm
you can buy a brand new samsung plain mobile for £20 in the market, its open to all networks, doesnt go on the net but is just a phone, i have one with a payg sim and use it for when im advertisng stuff,
Posted By: TheDr Re: Mobile Needed - 6th Dec 2013 8:20pm
We have similar ones in, brand new, boxed, open to all networks. The offer of the 3310 was because of their liking for the "retro" stuff.

Have about half a dozen different ones, all brand new, under £30. Nokia, Samsung, Alcatel, and unlike some high street chains you don't have to buy any credit with them.

As a cheap/replacement/calls only mobile they're cheap. The Alcatel one takes two SIMs, useful for keeping your own/business number separate, a lot of people keep their private number in one slot and a throwaway SIM in the other for adverts (as above) so you don't get 100+ calls a day trying to get you to sign up for free boiler or reclaim your PPI.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Mobile Needed - 11th Dec 2013 9:21pm
I'd rather have the 3310 over the newer 'budget' phones, it has a certain charm about it, and will probably be worth a few quid in a couple of years/decades/centuries.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral