Forums
Posted By: flybynight To borrow only push bike - 11th Dec 2012 8:27pm
Hi
Does anybody have a bike they could lend me , say from this weekend till just over xmas , it's for my daughters boyfriend not use , as they are coming to stay for a week or so . He is around 6foot tall , hybred road or mountain bike , as long as its not a clunker , something you could easily do the coast and back on.

Thanks
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: To borrow only push bike - 12th Dec 2012 8:45am
I would for a deposit. I have a hybrid one, cost me around £700
Posted By: flybynight Re: To borrow only push bike - 12th Dec 2012 11:33am
Is this a returnable deposit and if so how much are we talking here , I do understand that nobody really knows anybody on this site , so to do something like this with a stranger is risky . Also. What size is it make etc etc , I am very good with bikes and do all my own work even service my forks and brakes , so it would be in good hands if we come to an agreement . Mr Phil will vouch for me as we are riding buddies.
Posted By: keving Re: To borrow only push bike - 13th Dec 2012 12:10am
I think you may be asking a lot from "strangers" to be honest. If you get no luck perhaps buy a second-hand one and resell it hoping to get all your money back.

Anyway hope you get sorted.

Kev.
Posted By: flybynight Re: To borrow only push bike - 13th Dec 2012 7:29am
I am asking a lot I know, but knowing me I would lend me one , but as you say and I basically said earlier we are all strangers here .
But being christmas I just thought somebody might have had a new bike and now have a spare. Have you not got one Keving ha ha .
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: To borrow only push bike - 13th Dec 2012 11:40am
I would need a deposit big enough to let me risk it to someone who I dont know. Doesnt have to be cash but something worth more to you than my bike!

Of course, Ill return it to you once I get the bike back.

Its a medium frame but my brother is 6'2" and he can ride it no problem. Hybrid with 21 speeds, disc brakes, front suspension, hard tail. Very well looked after and serviced. Its a Giant.

I love this bike.
Posted By: flybynight Re: To borrow only push bike - 13th Dec 2012 12:29pm
Thanks for the offer I really do appreciate it , we thinking of going to delamere for the odd day now so he will hire one . It is good to know there are people like yourself who would put themselves out for people they don't know. Saying that if we do fancy riding the coast I will keep you in mind just for a day and I would leave my car with you which should be ok.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral