Forums
Posted By: saltytom Tow bar fitter - 11th Jun 2012 2:52pm
Buying Hyundai Santa Fe need to fit a tow bar only to be used on a small trailer,did see a mobile fitter months ago lost number Thanks for any help
Posted By: Clive Re: Tow bar fitter - 11th Jun 2012 3:55pm
Send pm to >>CLICKY<< I know he fitted his towbar himself, and I wired the electrics.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tow bar fitter - 11th Jun 2012 3:57pm
most modern towbars now just simply bolt on anyway mate ,and at worst depending which make may need a little cutout from rear bumper to accomodate !!!!!!!!

would it not be easier to fit yourself ???... also the wiring isnt too difficult to do either ..

if not am sure most garages will do this for the cost of an hour or so,s labour
Posted By: TheDr Re: Tow bar fitter - 11th Jun 2012 4:27pm
Fitting one to the Santa Fe is pretty straightforward, and you shouldn't need to make any cutouts in the bumper.

Last one that I did was simple enough, removable swan neck so it's not stuck out of the back all the time (you can still see the receptor when the neck is removed).

Electrics are either plug in or splice and should take about half an hour, however I'm not a fan of scotch locks and prefer the joins to be soldered, and as it's an MoT testable item now I wanted it doing properly. Port Sunlight Trailers (in New Ferry) charged me £20 which I thought was extremely reasonable for a professional job.
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Tow bar fitter - 11th Jun 2012 4:38pm
Willo did ours, I'd recomend him anytime
Posted By: reddragon Re: Tow bar fitter - 11th Jun 2012 9:53pm
Fitting Instructions for the towbar Aoril 2006 onwards

http://www.witter-towbars.co.uk/uMedia/FittingInstructions/HY43A.pdf
© Wirral-Wikiwirral