Forums
Posted By: bazzoh any rabbit experts? - 2nd Jun 2012 6:04pm
my rabbit is 7yrs old and often has the run of our back garden last week i noticed one of his eyes looked gungie i thought he may of got hay in it so i cleaned it an have been every day now his nose has discharge an is white will a little green in it an smells unplesent he is still running around garden as norm an eats his food but not fresh food any ideas
thanx
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: any rabbit experts? - 2nd Jun 2012 6:09pm
google it,the problem will be on there!!
Posted By: turnip Re: any rabbit experts? - 2nd Jun 2012 6:10pm
if he's sneezing it might be snuffles. perfectly treatable with antibiotics but if you leave it too long it can go chronic.
Posted By: eggandchips Re: any rabbit experts? - 2nd Jun 2012 6:10pm
get him to the vet before a fly lays eggs in it, meanwhile bathe it with salty water
Posted By: bazzoh Re: any rabbit experts? - 2nd Jun 2012 6:13pm
Thanks for the advice! We did google it and came up with snuffles but thought we'd check!
Posted By: Lightning Re: any rabbit experts? - 2nd Jun 2012 8:57pm
yes eggand chips got a point there,
he is old and could be variuos reasons,maybe a draft in his hutch,
maybe an allergy.
do you feed him lettice??
Posted By: bazzoh Re: any rabbit experts? - 3rd Jun 2012 10:53am
Hi! No we don't feed him lettuce. It's strange because it's only recently come on. He's not sneezing, we haven't changed the make of hay or sawdust or food etc. I think we're going to take him to the vets but thanks for the advice guys!
Posted By: bazzoh Re: any rabbit experts? - 3rd Jun 2012 3:05pm
Well we've just been to the fantastic people at the pdsa Hutton hospital, turns out poor smokey has a rather large tooth growing into his cheek. He's just having an op now so fingers crossed!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral