Forums
Posted By: chris123 ipod touch repairer - 24th Mar 2012 7:37pm
Ive got a 4th Gen ipod touch which has been dropped and the glass is smashed quite badly, ipod still working other than that. Anyone know how to get this fixed/costs etc?
Posted By: TheDr Re: ipod touch repairer - 24th Mar 2012 7:54pm
Is it just the glass (digitiser) or has the screen broken as well?
Posted By: chris123 Re: ipod touch repairer - 24th Mar 2012 7:57pm
Just the glass everything is working behind the screen as far as i can see.
Posted By: goodoldphil Re: ipod touch repairer - 25th Mar 2012 12:10am
www.starlightmobiles.com
They are located half way down on the right hand side aisle when you enter from the bus station.
A couple of weeks ago my daughter in law contacted me saying my granddaughter had dropped her ipod touch 4th Gen.and the screen was broken. After a bit of research on the internet I came to the conclusion that the guy in Birkenhead market was the cheapest. To cut a long story short they fixed it for £50.00 fixed price and it took about a week. I have used this firm a few times and found them very reliable.
Posted By: goodoldphil Re: ipod touch repairer - 25th Mar 2012 12:17am
The guy at Starlight told me that the 4th generation is an integral screen display and has no glass cover, so the whole thing has to be replaced, give him a ring he seems very clued up.
Posted By: TheDr Re: ipod touch repairer - 25th Mar 2012 1:37am
The guy at Starlight is wrong (they're not the cheapest either smile ), it's a separate unit on the 4th gen, it's a lot easier to do if you just swap both, but you don't need to.

Price is £38 to replace the digitiser.
Posted By: goodoldphil Re: ipod touch repairer - 25th Mar 2012 9:33am
So I was mislead, the guy at Starlight was very convincing and I was happy with the job but if I had posted my query on here I could have saved £12. That's a lesson learned - they do say your never too old to learn. Incidentally I found a place in Liverpool that charge £70 so I thought I was getting a bargain.
Posted By: dogz2012 Re: ipod touch repairer - 27th Mar 2012 8:21am
Hi, I was just reading this thread and am after some information please. Any idea who can reliably repair a 3rd gen ipod touch screen at a good price? My dauighter was in tears last night after dropping hers and cracking all the glass. The ipod touch still works though.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Dad
Posted By: dogz2012 Re: ipod touch repairer - 27th Mar 2012 8:54am
Whoops, looking at the back I think it has a small camera/microphone or somethign so Iguess it's a 4th gen.

Sorry.
Dad
Posted By: Clive Re: ipod touch repairer - 27th Mar 2012 9:01am
Originally Posted by dogz2012
Hi, I was just reading this thread and am after some information please. Any idea who can reliably repair a 3rd gen ipod touch screen at a good price? My dauighter was in tears last night after dropping hers and cracking all the glass. The ipod touch still works though.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Dad
Click Here these people will sort you out or Click here to send a pm
© Wirral-Wikiwirral