Forums
Posted By: Nelzy84 Kitten - 6th Feb 2012 11:25am
Interested in buying a little kitten for my 7 month old daughter as a first pet.

My Fiance had one from about four up until recently when the cat unfortunatley passed away. The Cat meant alot to my missus as they grew up together.

Was hoping i could do a similar thing for my daughter and let her and her mum forge a new relation ship.

Last Cat was black and White so can't have another one as missus would feel i'm trying to replace the original.

Would ideally like a grey / black stripe like the Whiskers cat.

Been put of bengals and the likes from breeders as i've known some one to have owned three in the last 12 months and all have had underlying health issues.

Anyone know of any reputable peeps i can buy one from and how much they are looking.

Fiance paid £5 for the last one in Hollyhead and it lived to be at least 18 - 19

Needs to be on par with the bad ass looking Cat

[Linked Image]

Cheers

Posted By: j_demo Re: Kitten - 6th Feb 2012 12:32pm
tried the rspca centre at cross lane down in wallasey village, they usually have quite a few kittens in of varying colours and backgrounds
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Kitten - 6th Feb 2012 12:48pm
Thanks Jawide, didn't think of them.

Are they all rescued etc or do they have them from bith in some instances smile
Posted By: saiyan_gmt Re: Kitten - 6th Feb 2012 2:10pm
Hey Nelzy we are in the same sort of situation at the moment,I grew up with a cat and she lived to the grand old age of 21 smile I would now like the same for my son who is almost 2 but havent had much look finding a kitten. We went to the RSPCA and although they did have quite a few lovely cats in their care they would not re-home with children under the age of 4!!
Good Luck on your search....
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Kitten - 6th Feb 2012 2:57pm
Thanks for the feedback Saiyan, thats interesting to know about a no go for anyone under the age of 4, is that because they don't know how the cats temperament is or is it to do with the Litter etc, i believe it can be bad news if a toddler comes into contact with it.

Thanks for the good luck and same to you, if i get any other leads i'll let you know
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Kitten - 6th Feb 2012 3:19pm
Years ago,my friend got told by them,it was to protect the kitten,as they feel kids under 4 may be a bit heavy handed handling small kittens which may lead to serious injury or death.
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Kitten - 6th Feb 2012 4:34pm
Thanks PP, that helps, much appreciated
Posted By: julie253 Re: Kitten - 8th Feb 2012 7:13pm
Try Phoenix Cat rescue. If you google it the details will come up. Worth a try. We got one before xmas and he is absolutely gorgeous.
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Kitten - 9th Feb 2012 10:39am
Thanks Julie, definatley worth a look

Cheers

Nelz smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral