Forums
Posted By: sarahdavo wanted a computer mouse and moniter for £30 - 14th Dec 2011 5:14pm
haha

no idea if its possible, but im looking for a computer with moniter, prefer flat screen. for surfing the net, mostly hotmail, facebook, ebay, wikiwirral, you tube. that sort of thing.

i like uploading pics from my digital camera, so a card reader would be good.

and a dvd player rewriter.
not sure if its possible to get all of that, but i see cheep towers going all the time. so thought id put this out ther in case anybody is upgrading for xmas, and has one to sell.

the current pc i have was a familly pc brought from tescos, about 5 years ago, im currently using an lg tv monitor flatron for the monitor screen and the pc is an iqon pc 992 mb ram and 2.93ghz and 80 hard drive, running windows xp. so i dont want anything less able than that. my 4 year old currently has this in his bedroom to whatch thomas the tank on you tube, and disney cars etc, i would like a pc for my own personal use.

I have a panasonic vista flat screen tv that i think i can plug a pc into, so perhaps i dont need a moniter, but not sure what lead i would need for this.

so im not desperate for one but be nice to have a spare for myself, plus big son is coming home from uni for xmas soon, and im sure he will want to go pc, he is doing an IT degree.

thanks sarah
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: wanted a computer mouse and moniter for £30 - 14th Dec 2011 5:45pm
Impossible!
Can always dream lol

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/dell-opti...PCs&hash=item2eb9dfa4da#ht_500wt_950

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DELL-DIME...PCs&hash=item2a1706039a#ht_546wt_934

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Desktop-p...PCs&hash=item3f1131cc90#ht_500wt_950

looks like good old ebay here i come then. lol
Old being the word those computers are as old as yours and probably a lower spec. Barely get keyboard, mouse and empty case for 30 quid.
does it matter if ther old as long as you can surf the net on them ? whats the point in getting top spec equipment, if your not using it

Im pretty sure i can get a reasonably desent tower for £30 at least. as for cases, well you throw them out by the hundreds per day dont you, and keyboards are a couple of quidd and so are a mouse. and like i sed can use tv screen at a push.

so the computer sellers and dealers which is what you are need not comment, im looking for your everyday person who is replacing their pc with a new one or tower. thanks anyway for your opinions.

Ive got a nippy little pink netbook, which is quick, but fed up of squinting at the 10 inch screen, and my son pinched my toshiba laptop and took it to uni, but i thought that was a bit slow anyway. so im loathed to spend too much money on any more pc equipment.
I don't throw any away, and I am no dealer / seller or anything similar. Everything I sell is my old equipment that has served me well. In fact I think the only person who could possibly help you on here is TheDR. He is a dealer and if u have 30 quid he I am sure can give you a 30 quid tower.

I have one here that is about a 30 to 50 quid rig but it's in bits at the moment. Won't be ready for a week or so. To that end I may even keep it as a spare.

Ps new keyboard and mouse 7 quid new case with psu 22 quid.
whats a psu ?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: wanted a computer mouse and moniter for £30 - 14th Dec 2011 7:30pm
Power supply unit.
Ive got a pink samsung n1 50 thats nippy, im just wondering if i can connect it to my tv, and if so what lead do i need
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: wanted a computer mouse and moniter for £30 - 14th Dec 2011 7:41pm
You need a VGA lead providing your tv has a VGA input.

It looks like an upside down "D" and is blue in the middle with lots of holes.

If you want sound you will need a 3.5mm stereo jack on one end of the lead and twin phonos on the other end.

Sometimes the sound input on the tv is also a 3.5mm input so best to check.
Ok great, think my tv has one of those, just need to get the leads and get the great big thing of the wall lol smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: wanted a computer mouse and moniter for £30 - 14th Dec 2011 7:53pm
Last time I bought a lead it was off theDr and it was only £1 that was the audio lead 3.5 stereo to twin phono smile

Same lead in asda was £5
If i had the money ide buy this loks good spec

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/104888321/hp-pavillion-30ghz-a1034n.html
Posted By: ex0__ Re: wanted a computer mouse and moniter for £30 - 16th Dec 2011 3:13pm
Good spec for a 7 year old machine maybe...

Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole myself. CPU's aren't rated to last more than 3 or 4 years. If that's seen much use I'd be worried about the thing dying fairly quickly.

If you want a safe bet buy a new office machine from ebuyer or something for a couple hundred quid.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral