Forums
Posted By: polo_phil Wanted: A Telescope and wood burning stove - 23rd Nov 2011 1:55pm
I'm after a telescope.
Must be a decent one and floor standing. In very good condition.

Also after a very small woodburning stove with the flue hole in the top

Thanks
Phil
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Wanted: A Telescope and wood burning stove - 23rd Nov 2011 2:19pm
Originally Posted by polo_phil
I'm after a telescope.
Must be a decent one and floor standing. In very good condition.

Also after a very small woodburning stove with the flue hole in the top

Thanks
Phil
Hi polo i have some binoculars and a bag of logs you can have if that`s any good lol raftl
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Wanted: A Telescope and wood burning stove - 23rd Nov 2011 2:27pm
A 'decent one' is a bit vague, what's your price range for the telescope?
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Wanted: A Telescope and wood burning stove - 23rd Nov 2011 2:34pm
No thanks June...

My price range is 99p-£500 depending on how decent I deem the telescope that is on offer.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Wanted: A Telescope and wood burning stove - 23rd Nov 2011 3:13pm
Are you shifting into the shed then Phil????
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Wanted: A Telescope and wood burning stove - 23rd Nov 2011 3:22pm
It's not for myself Bandy! happy
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Wanted: A Telescope and wood burning stove - 23rd Nov 2011 3:53pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
Are you shifting into the shed then Phil????
Hello Bandycoot lol laugh I take it he doesn`t want my binoculart`s and wood then lol
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Wanted: A Telescope and wood burning stove - 23rd Nov 2011 3:56pm
Hi June... I've already said no thanks to the binoculars and wood...
please keep the banter in the chat area
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Wanted: A Telescope and wood burning stove - 23rd Nov 2011 5:45pm
Originally Posted by polo_phil
Hi June... I've already said no thanks to the binoculars and wood...
please keep the banter in the chat area
Ok Phil no problem smile
Small woodburner very good value for the price http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/potbelly-cast-iron-stove
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Wanted: A Telescope and wood burning stove - 24th Nov 2011 8:30am
Thanks Baldy that is great value!
I'm more after one like this though...
[Linked Image]
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Wanted: A Telescope and wood burning stove - 24th Nov 2011 3:26pm
Telescope sorted...
Just after a small woodburning stove now!
B&Q Bidston have very similar to the one in your pic I'm thinking of getting one http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=10146489&fh_view_size=10&fh_start_index=10&fh_eds=%3f&fh_sort_order=-1&fh_sort_by=_special_offers&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB%2fcategories%3c%7b9372014%7d%2fcategories%3c%7b9372037%7d%2fcategories%3c%7b9372162%7d&isSearch=false&fl=1
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Wanted: A Telescope and wood burning stove - 24th Nov 2011 4:11pm
Thanks for your help Baldy smile That one looks good... However, I've found 4kw ones, which are slightly smaller, online and are also cheaper.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Wanted: A Telescope and wood burning stove - 24th Nov 2011 4:15pm
boatman stoves Try this fella Phil,tell him julie from hesford marine said to do you a good deal.his name's eddie.

Also Phil check how thick the cast iron is,some of the cheaper ones don't last long,they crack!
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Wanted: A Telescope and wood burning stove - 24th Nov 2011 5:09pm
Is it going in your house,as the main source of heating?
Posted By: Laraine Re: Wanted: A Telescope and wood burning stove - 24th Nov 2011 9:20pm
If you are in a Smokeless Zone, then you will need a DEFRA approved stove, have a check on the wirral council website to check your area. The fines are hefty if you are caught burning wood on a stove thats not one of the approved ones.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Wanted: A Telescope and wood burning stove - 25th Nov 2011 8:49am
Not my house Poodle. It's for one room. not main source of heating just a feature that will be used once in a blue moon.

Hi Laraine. Thanks for the heads up about the smoke control area. Already aware happy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral