Forums
Posted By: Wizzo WANTED! Mini greenhouse. - 23rd Nov 2011 3:02am
Hi! I need to buy a mini greenhouse for my frost tender plants. They're in a soft PVC one at the moment, but I know it won't be up to the job of keeping them alive over a cold, damp winter.

I'd like a fully enclosed one, (mine has a gap at the bottom,) either aluminium or hardwood. I don't mind if it needs some cosmetic work doing to it, as long as it can keep out the cold and the damp.

Measurements of the unit I'd like; 40" width by 88" height (or at least 35" width by 68" height).

Hope someone can help me! Thank you!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: WANTED! Mini greenhouse. - 23rd Nov 2011 10:06am
Tesco home bud, think they are around £20
Posted By: Wizzo Re: WANTED! Mini greenhouse. - 30th Nov 2011 10:29pm
Thanks for the suggestion Sanchez. Had a look on Tesco Home but the greenhouse for around £20 is similar to the Argos one that I already have, it's made from PVC like mine. Which, unfortunately, is not good enough to protect my frost tender plants.

I'll keep looking. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just get one made. It might even be cheaper.

Posted By: Sanchez Re: WANTED! Mini greenhouse. - 30th Nov 2011 11:50pm
I here a small parafin heater in there is enough to keep the frost at bay and costs around £4 a week to run...
Posted By: Wizzo Re: WANTED! Mini greenhouse. - 1st Dec 2011 12:18am
I couldn't have a paraffin heater in mine... it's too small, everything's made of plastic, and it isn't fully enclosed anyway. There's a gap at the bottom where the front panel zips down.

Go to http://www.argos.co.uk and type 720/1833 in the search box, and you'll see the exact model I've got. It's the garden equivalent of a canvas wardrobe!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral