Forums
Posted By: keving WANTED - New boiler supplied and installed - 21st Aug 2011 2:10am
Can anybody recommend someone good and local to supply & install a new combi boiler.

It's to replace my ageing one, with a more efficient one. I'll be going with Vaillant or Baxi I think.

Obviously they have to be gas safe registered and competent, or i'd do it myself!

Kev

Suggest you contact dodie

CLICKY
Posted By: dodie Re: WANTED - New boiler supplied and installed - 21st Aug 2011 8:24am
thanks diggingdeeper much appreciated TRIED TO PM YOU YOUR BOX IS FULL IF YOU TEXT OR RING US ON 07984051336 WILL RING YOU BACK WE ARE GASSAFE REG & DONE WORK FOR WIKI MEMBERS YOU CAN CONTACT US ANYTIME KEV

ecoTEC plus
ecoTEC plus high efficiency combination boilers are all SEDBUK Band 'A' rated, the highest boiler efficiency, and have a 2 year warranty. The ecoTEC plus range of combi boilers offer outputs from 19 to 28kW.
With Vaillant's 'AquaComfort' system ecoTEC plus combination boilers offer excellent hot water performance providing instantaneous hot water at a constant temperature.

Features and benefits
SEDBUK Band 'A' rated fuel efficiency economical to run
Fully modulating low NOx burner and fan improved energy efficiency, kinder to the environment
Compact dimensions / compatible with the full range of Vaillant accessories excellent siting versatility and easy installation
Built-in status / diagnostic display comprehensive status and diagnostic information and push button programming for easy use
Built-in two stage frost protection to prevent damage caused by freezing
2 year guarantee for peace of mind

I installed a Vaillant ecoTec pro 28 for my father in law. Has got to be the best boiler on the Market. far better than Worcester in my opinion.
Posted By: keving Re: WANTED - New boiler supplied and installed - 21st Aug 2011 12:25pm
Originally Posted by dodie
thanks diggingdeeper much appreciated TRIED TO PM YOU YOUR BOX IS FULL IF YOU TEXT OR RING US ON 07984051336 WILL RING YOU BACK WE ARE GASSAFE REG & DONE WORK FOR WIKI MEMBERS YOU CAN CONTACT US ANYTIME KEV

Hi Thanks,
I'll contact you later, or tomorrow early on.

kev (PM's now cleared)
Posted By: keving Re: WANTED - New boiler supplied and installed - 21st Aug 2011 12:27pm
Originally Posted by Spannerhead
I installed a Vaillant ecoTec pro 28 for my father in law. Has got to be the best boiler on the Market. far better than Worcester in my opinion.

How has the ecotec Pro got to be the best boiler about ?? It's the cheapest and lowest spec Vaillant they do, and only recommended by them for 1 bed flats etc.
It's the ecotec plus i was looking at.
Please explain why you think it's better than the others.

Thanks,
kev
Posted By: Spannerhead Re: WANTED - New boiler supplied and installed - 21st Aug 2011 12:51pm
The Eco tech pro is not just for 1 bed flats, check out the btu's. It's more than enough for up to 8 standard radiators & the hot water is about 11 litres a minute which is great. Yeh there is better output boilers. What boiler are you replacing? Do you live in a mansion?
Worcester are also a good boiler but I spend more time fixing Worcester boilers than I do on valiant boilers.
Posted By: Spannerhead Re: WANTED - New boiler supplied and installed - 21st Aug 2011 12:53pm
Think you'll find the pro 28 bit gives it away, ie 28 kw. ( only suitable for 1 bed flat, where did you here this rubbish?)
Posted By: Spannerhead Re: WANTED - New boiler supplied and installed - 21st Aug 2011 12:54pm
By the way only trying to help mate, you do what you want.
The EcoTEC pro range of condensing gas boilers from Vaillant are compact combi boilers for small domestic properties.
My father in laws house is a semi detached house with 8 radiators, the pro 28 is more than enough & the 11 litres a minute he gets is great.
The size of boiler you choose obviously depends on the size of the house. Unless you live in a very large house you won't go wrong with the Eco tec & you will save money.
Posted By: keving Re: WANTED - New boiler supplied and installed - 21st Aug 2011 3:17pm
Think you'll find the pro 28 bit gives it away, ie 28 kw. ( only suitable for 1 bed flat, where did you here this rubbish?)

I heard it on Vaillant's own website. Have a look you're self...

Yes I see what you mean about the output etc, thats why i asked if you knew why it was better than the PLUS variant.
Also on the installers forums I was lookin into it as I too couldn't see why it wouldnt be suitable. The only think I could come up with was that the pump is only single speed and they use cheaper parts (hence the 1 year warranty instead of the 2/3 on there other boilers). It says they are more suitable
for new builds.

Kev.
Posted By: keving Re: WANTED - New boiler supplied and installed - 21st Aug 2011 3:20pm
My father in laws house is a semi detached house with 8 radiators, the pro 28 is more than enough & the 11 litres a minute he gets is great.
The size of boiler you choose obviously depends on the size of the house. Unless you live in a very large house you won't go wrong with the Eco tec & you will save money.

It is a large house. 18 radiators. 11 large rooms. Detached sandstone.

Yes I know you are trying to help, I only asked why you thought it was the best boiler when Vailliant state that it is there simplified lower spec boiler.
It's the ecotec Plus I was looking at to be hones. But i'm no expert thats why i've been asking about and looking on the net.

Cheers,
Kev
@keving the pro 24 is recommended for 1 bed, the pro 24 or 28 is recommended for 2/3 bed + bathroom + ensuite

CLICKY - SOURCE - VAILLANT
thats got to be a printing mistake. i go to lots of houses which have 8 radiators & a 28kw pro28 installed, works fine. best to phone vaillant direct & ask what size boiler would best suit your needs.
dont spend more than you have to.
the pro 28 is no good for you then, thats a large house.
What boiler are you replacing?
Posted By: dodie Re: WANTED - New boiler supplied and installed - 21st Aug 2011 6:54pm
hi kev speak to you soon
Posted By: keving Re: WANTED - New boiler supplied and installed - 22nd Aug 2011 10:37am
What boiler are you replacing?

a worcester 280 rsf. Costs mea fortune to heat the place tho ! I suspect it may be slightly undersized, and don't want to make the mistake again.

kev.
Posted By: dodie Re: WANTED - New boiler supplied and installed - 22nd Aug 2011 10:49am
i have sent you pm
Posted By: dodie Re: WANTED - New boiler supplied and installed - 22nd Aug 2011 11:00am
hi spannerhead what is your personel gas safe reg number ? as might know you cannot seem to find it on gassafe site where about are you ?
Posted By: keving Re: WANTED - New boiler supplied and installed - 23rd Aug 2011 10:54pm
Originally Posted by dodie
hi spannerhead what is your personel gas safe reg number ? as might know you cannot seem to find it on gassafe site where about are you ?

Guessing he doesn't have one then...?
British Gas doesn't let their engineers get registered does it?? So they won't do foreigners I think. I think just the business just has to be registered. Although I may well be wrong, as it's just something i've read.

In industry you just have to be competent. I work unsupervised on Elec (up to 1000v), gas, hydraulics, dangerous gases, electronics..... day in day out. But to work on gas in the home you have to be gas safe registered.

Kev

Kev
© Wirral-Wikiwirral