Forums
Posted By: TheDr WANTED: Used/Waste cooking oil. - 18th Aug 2011 7:51pm
A few of my cars, and the heating in one of the warehouses, runs on waste oil, at the moment I'm okay for supplies but more is always useful.

I've noticed that Bookers buy back the 20l drums they sell for £2 in vouchers (10p per litre), so just to make it fair I'll offer £4 (cash) for a 20l drum (20p per litre)

This is probably of most interest to someone with a cafe/chippy/burger van unless you have a BIG family and a lot of fry-ups smile

Vegetable or Sunflower, makes no real difference to me, seems to run on anything (even White Spirit, but I have to pay tax on that). Can collect if that helps depending on quantity.

Oil only, no solid fats.

Thanks
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: WANTED: Used/Waste cooking oil. - 18th Aug 2011 8:17pm
Over the years in catering the disposl of waste oil has changed.
Twenty years ago they collected it and paid you 50p for 20L.Then it changed to them taking it but, paying you nothing.Shortly after that it was you that had to pay them.Now they will take it for free but,not until you have 80L.
Posted By: yewgarth Re: WANTED: Used/Waste cooking oil. - 18th Aug 2011 8:59pm
Originally Posted by Bezzymate
Over the years in catering the disposl of waste oil has changed.
Twenty years ago they collected it and paid you 50p for 20L.Then it changed to them taking it but, paying you nothing.Shortly after that it was you that had to pay them.Now they will take it for free but,not until you have 80L.

They're all heart!
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: WANTED: Used/Waste cooking oil. - 18th Aug 2011 9:04pm
Hmmmm yes!I now have a local company that takes it and converts it to fuel thier mini buses that they use for disabled people. They also supply the certificate to prove how you have disposed of it,required by law.
Posted By: TheDr Re: WANTED: Used/Waste cooking oil. - 18th Aug 2011 10:16pm
I know, depending on the amount certificates have to be supplied, I already have a DoE licence and Waste Management Licence for other work that I do (some people on here know what that is), unfortunately I can't say exactly which vehicles they are used in (due to advertising, not that these vehicles would getr any more or less work from adverts), but I can just say that this isn't used in any private vehicle (although it is lawful to do so).

So, back to the original advert, I'll just ad that waste management certicates can be issued if requested. smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral