Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Wanted: Chest Freezer - 15th Aug 2011 3:51pm
Anyone getting rid of a chest freezer, please let me know.

Just had to buy the mother a new fridge freezer as hers broke down last week, but it suddenly dawned on me that she had to throw a lot of food away because she was without a freezer for a good few days. Now I have two freezers which are both usually full lol, and though the fridge freezer is insured, I got thinking, what would I do if one of them broke. So decided I'm going buy a chest freezer as I need at least 200 litres of capacity as their both large freezers, just in-case the worst does happen, I can kick it into action and transfer food over.
Posted By: Silverback Re: Wanted: Chest Freezer - 15th Aug 2011 5:11pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Anyone getting rid of a chest freezer, please let me know.

Just had to buy the mother a new fridge freezer as hers broke down last week, but it suddenly dawned on me that she had to throw a lot of food away because she was without a freezer for a good few days. Now I have two freezers which are both usually full lol, and though the fridge freezer is insured, I got thinking, what would I do if one of them broke. So decided I'm going buy a chest freezer as I need at least 200 litres of capacity as their both large freezers, just in-case the worst does happen, I can kick it into action and transfer food over.

Buy some cool bags/boxes and store them in the loft.

You'll just fill the freezer if you buy one, the cool bags will keep contents cool whilst you replace freezer/s.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral