Forums
Posted By: DavidB wanted - recovery truck for car transport - 2nd Aug 2011 11:02am
can anyone on here do this? my mate has sold his truck and i need a car shifting about three miles down the road. car is working but not deemed 'roadworthy' so need trasporting
Posted By: Clive Re: wanted - recovery truck for car transport - 2nd Aug 2011 11:29am
Dont know how true this is
If you tow on a straight pole (rigid) then it is a trailer and you need to stick your plates on the rear of the trailer! and tax is not required
Posted By: DavidB Re: wanted - recovery truck for car transport - 2nd Aug 2011 11:43am
four wheels/person in car = car being driven
just want to do it legal and easy - and car has no driveshafts so bearings will collapse smile
Posted By: StuyMac Re: wanted - recovery truck for car transport - 2nd Aug 2011 11:44am
IIRC, If all 4 wheels are on the road, then you should have Tax, MOT and insurance.
Posted By: TheDr Re: wanted - recovery truck for car transport - 2nd Aug 2011 11:52am
Originally Posted by DavidB
four wheels/person in car = car being driven
just want to do it legal and easy - and car has no driveshafts so bearings will collapse smile

I was going to say I can tow it on an A-Frame for you, no person in car - trailer, but if the bearings are going to fall apart that could cause a problem smile
Posted By: reddragon Re: wanted - recovery truck for car transport - 2nd Aug 2011 1:48pm
Try port sunlight trailers they used to have a car transporter to hire ( used to be £8:00 a day ) whether they still do or not i dunno all you need then is a car to tow it with 0151 6454735 ask for Brian

Posted By: DavidB Re: wanted - recovery truck for car transport - 2nd Aug 2011 3:34pm
I've got driveshafts for it now Dr.

rd i have no towbar wink
Posted By: reddragon Re: wanted - recovery truck for car transport - 2nd Aug 2011 3:58pm
ok
we can do it on our truck?
Posted By: DavidB Re: wanted - recovery truck for car transport - 3rd Aug 2011 10:09am
thanks Chris, I'll give you a ring in the week.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral