Forums
Posted By: _Ste_ Wanted: SAAB - 29th Jul 2011 10:20pm
SAAB wanted

9000 Turbo
900 Turbo
93 Turbo

Any of the above models.

Tax & MOT not needed, car can be in bad condition, don't care as long as it runs/drives.

Manual preferred but will take auto.

0751 8913 123 or pm ma wink
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wanted: SAAB - 30th Jul 2011 11:03am
Woohoo! laugh

My Saab will be here in about an hour party

Saab 95 aero hot.

2.3 turbo with manual box, 250BHP standard laugh
Posted By: TheDr Re: Wanted: SAAB - 30th Jul 2011 11:50am
If you're only going to rip the engine out of this for your other car I'm after a nsf hub (whole leg would be easier) for a '99 900s, I think these are the same ?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wanted: SAAB - 31st Jul 2011 6:19pm
Originally Posted by TheDr
If you're only going to rip the engine out of this for your other car I'm after a nsf hub (whole leg would be easier) for a '99 900s, I think these are the same ?

Only just seen this mate, I'm putting this car up for sale now as it's the wrong model, will swop for a Saab 900 turbo or an early Saab 9-3 turbo, must have the 2.0litre engine in.
This Saab 9-5 has every available extra, all the toys. Mot until December. All the service history, books etc.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Wanted: SAAB - 1st Aug 2011 12:32am
How much are you after for it, obviously I'm not going to buy it just for the hub, but if cheap enough these are always fun to thrash around a track.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wanted: SAAB - 1st Aug 2011 5:39am
It's £600 or swop for a Saab 900 turbo, tax or Mot not important but must have same engine as the pic.

Reverse sensors don't work, I'll put pics up later, this car has been an everyday road car, the guy took the tax off it because it had 11 months on and wanted £200. I've been using it for the past couple of days, quick and smooth with no brake fade or wobble.
He sold it to fund his supercharger conversion on his ford probe.

Pic of engine needed. ....
[Linked Image]
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Wanted: SAAB - 1st Aug 2011 7:52am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
He sold it to fund his supercharger conversion on his ford probe.

Oh dear, he should have kept the Saab raftl
Posted By: dan0h Re: Wanted: SAAB - 1st Aug 2011 12:58pm
Ste - I worked for Abbott Racing (www.abbottracing.com) for years, what are you doing with the B204L?!

Annoyingly I've only just let my 9000 Aero go, which was THE engine to have, full fat B234R, with 1.4 bar, gave about 260hp at the wheels on my dyno...
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wanted: SAAB - 1st Aug 2011 1:28pm
Originally Posted by dan0h
Ste - I worked for Abbott Racing (www.abbottracing.com) for years, what are you doing with the B204L?!

Annoyingly I've only just let my 9000 Aero go, which was THE engine to have, full fat B234R, with 1.4 bar, gave about 260hp at the wheels on my dyno...

It's for my GSi mate, I'm doing a turbo conversion on it as it only has the redtop in it ATM. Was going to throw a C20LET in but the Saab method seems a cheaper option and can take a better beating from what I've heard.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: dan0h Re: Wanted: SAAB - 1st Aug 2011 4:49pm
Like you're work! Good plan Ste, yes the SAAB engines are proper tough, though the B235R in that 9-5 isn't quite so strong, as they went to lighter valves and conrods in those later cars, the motor you really want is the 9000, B204L/B234R or at a push a B234E (sling the tiddly turbo), but get the 9000 version rather than 900, as the gearbox is far nicer, the 900 boxes are not quite as tough and the change is very woolly.

If you exit right out of your yard, and go along the dock road over the junction with Gorsey Lane, and look to your right after 200 yards, when you see the sign for Auto Sport North, thats me, with my new Rolling Road wink Drop me a PM for advice if you need it smile
Posted By: TheDr Re: Wanted: SAAB - 1st Aug 2011 9:11pm
Ste, wonder if this one is any interest to you, it's only in Manchester and failed it's MoT so should go quite cheaply.

SAAB 900 on eBay
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wanted: SAAB - 2nd Aug 2011 7:39am
Originally Posted by TheDr
Ste, wonder if this one is any interest to you, it's only in Manchester and failed it's MoT so should go quite cheaply.

SAAB 900 on eBay

Thanks for the link Dr but thats a non turbo frown
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wanted: SAAB - 2nd Aug 2011 7:43am
Originally Posted by dan0h
Like you're work! Good plan Ste, yes the SAAB engines are proper tough, though the B235R in that 9-5 isn't quite so strong, as they went to lighter valves and conrods in those later cars, the motor you really want is the 9000, B204L/B234R or at a push a B234E (sling the tiddly turbo), but get the 9000 version rather than 900, as the gearbox is far nicer, the 900 boxes are not quite as tough and the change is very woolly.

If you exit right out of your yard, and go along the dock road over the junction with Gorsey Lane, and look to your right after 200 yards, when you see the sign for Auto Sport North, thats me, with my new Rolling Road wink Drop me a PM for advice if you need it smile

Yes the B204 is the one i should of got but me being impatient rushed into it lol blush
Thanks, i`ll come and see you when i get some time this week or in my dinner hour happy
Posted By: dan0h Re: Wanted: SAAB - 2nd Aug 2011 8:01am
B234RRRRRRRRRR - Do it once, and do it right dude - Astra GSI 2.3T!!!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Wanted: SAAB - 2nd Aug 2011 10:58am
ste give queensferry breaker's on the welsh road a ring, they had a saab turbo in not long ago. the owners are really sound

http://www.queensferry-car-spares.co.uk/

im kicking myself wish id seen your first post before you go it, what a barstard. nice car though.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral