Forums
Posted By: Clive Any one do TV Repairs - 20th Jul 2011 12:55pm
I just bought a 42" hd plasma tv samsung, for £30, the tv powers up but funny pattens on screen, see pic
Any ideas any one on what could be wrong, someone told me could be the buffers, £30 on ebay.
But if any one knows better please feel free to give your opinions, or advise tv repairs that do free estimates.

Attached picture 76738969.jpg
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 20th Jul 2011 12:57pm
place on king street do them they are meant to be cheap
Posted By: Clive Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 20th Jul 2011 1:09pm
tried them, they want £100 to fix it, i need to see if i can get it done cheaper
Posted By: missj Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 20th Jul 2011 2:07pm
http://www.fixya.com/ Try this site before you part with any cash Winter... smirk
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 21st Jul 2011 5:09pm
£100? Guys a snake, do it yourself mate, easy.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 21st Jul 2011 5:30pm
I bought a faulty TV (off here) a few weeks back, took it to the TV shop at the top of Victoria Park.

The fault was it wouldn't come out of standby. At first he thought it was the PSU, but a bench test on that showed it to be okay, so he told me it must be the controller card, but he couldn't get one at a reasonable price, and had just missed one on eBay.

I managed to find a card for the same model and he configured it, charged me £48 for the whole job (I'd bought the part) which I thought was good value.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 21st Jul 2011 6:34pm
Originally Posted by TheDr
I bought a faulty TV (off here) a few weeks back, took it to the TV shop at the top of Victoria Park.

The fault was it wouldn't come out of standby. At first he thought it was the PSU, but a bench test on that showed it to be okay, so he told me it must be the controller card, but he couldn't get one at a reasonable price, and had just missed one on eBay.

I managed to find a card for the same model and he configured it, charged me £48 for the whole job (I'd bought the part) which I thought was good value.
I've been in that shop a few times, lads seem genuine.
Posted By: Clive Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 21st Jul 2011 8:19pm
just found out today it is the AV card in tv that has gone, i carnt find one on line
Posted By: Clive Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 22nd Jul 2011 8:02am

where about is this shop doc
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 22nd Jul 2011 9:24am
Originally Posted by Winter
just found out today it is the AV card in tv that has gone, i carnt find one on line
SS Radio on Mill Lane in Wallasey will help you, I have quite a bot of experience using them.
Posted By: Clive Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 22nd Jul 2011 10:13am
just come from there, they carn't get the part. this is the part

Attached picture $(KGrHqEOKooE32)C!2duBOEfh-,cq!~~_12.jpg
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 22nd Jul 2011 12:53pm
Victoria Park shop is in Higher Tranmere - On Bebington Road, between Mount Road and St Georges Avenue
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 22nd Jul 2011 1:06pm
That is the "Main Board" on these models, that board goes for between £150 and £250 normally, but just for you I've dug out a £55 one ...

CLICKY

Check the part nos, there are probably a few variants lol

EDIT: Ah, looks different - I guessed your TV was a PS-42Q7HD
Posted By: stumpyduck Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 22nd Jul 2011 6:23pm
do you have any parts for a vistron , 42 inch tv , just has a black screen ,powers on but no pic

this is for diggindeeper .
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 22nd Jul 2011 6:34pm
I don't have any parts and generally avoid mucking around with large screen TVs like the plague.

Its just passing interest as my trade is electronics or more technically avionics (electronics that fly - not through windows).
Posted By: Clive Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 22nd Jul 2011 6:43pm
thanks any way, i take it without knowing which part on circuit board has gone, there is no way to find the part that has gone, if you know what i mean
Posted By: Clive Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 22nd Jul 2011 7:02pm
How on earth do i buy this http://lcdpdpsrv.shopmania.biz/cumpara/bn41-00745c-bn94-01364a-274834
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 22nd Jul 2011 7:24pm
Go here http://www.supaprice.co.uk/p/result.jsp?ga=uk11&q=samsung+bn94 and go to the bottom of the page smile
Posted By: TheDr Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 22nd Jul 2011 7:27pm

Click on : Adauga in cos (add to cart)

If you want anything else click : Continua cumparaturile

To finish, or review items click : Cosul meu

If that's it click : Trimite comanda

Fill in your address details etc, if you need any more help just ask.

Posted By: Clive Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 22nd Jul 2011 7:31pm
Originally Posted by baldybrewer
Go here http://www.supaprice.co.uk/p/result.jsp?ga=uk11&q=samsung+bn94 and go to the bottom of the page smile
thanks, but that will not do, thanks for lookinh tho
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 22nd Jul 2011 7:33pm
Erm don't you have to make sure the board is PAL format?
Ie you don't want a SECAM or NTSC board, I know they all support each other now but best to have your native board.
Posted By: Clive Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 22nd Jul 2011 7:34pm

Click on : Adauga in cos (add to cart)

If you want anything else click : Continua cumparaturile

To finish, or review items click : Cosul meu

If that's it click : Trimite comanda

Fill in your address details etc, if you need any more help just ask.

thanks doc, i have just had a closer look at the board and compered it with mine, and thats no use to me, I think i may have to cut my loses, it was only £30 i lost, so a trip to tip i think, shame as tv works i have my laptop on it now
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 22nd Jul 2011 8:43pm
Flog the tv for parts, the screen is worth a lot more than you paid for it.
Posted By: Clive Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 22nd Jul 2011 9:59pm
i dont use ebay no more, i will just cut mmy losses.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 23rd Jul 2011 7:29am
Does it have the static on every input pal or just the hdmi?
Posted By: Clive Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 23rd Jul 2011 7:48am
on all, all tho i have not tried the scart yet. I have been told if i get the part out of a 50inch one, it will do put i will need to alter the picture size
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 23rd Jul 2011 8:08am
Yes, some tv's have a service menu for doing that, accessible via a combination on the remote control usually.

Sounds like it's just an earth problem that's causing the static but as you said earlier it's finding the cause.

I have an LG one in the garage, works fine but has static through 1 of the scarts, all others work fine so it may be worth your while checking smile
Posted By: Clive Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 23rd Jul 2011 12:29pm
just tried it on the scart and its the same,
Posted By: Clive Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 23rd Jul 2011 12:51pm
This is the pic I get when on scart via video player

Attached picture Photo0068.jpg
Posted By: missj Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 24th Jul 2011 10:43am
Jumping on the bandwagon here but I have a Samsung SP50L7HX which I was given as not working, it has had a new bulb and ballast fitted and has the most amazing picture for about half an hour then all I have is sound and a black screen...I've reset the bulb hours on the service screen but that hasnt made a difference! Anybody on here have any idea what it might be? I tried putting an auxillary fan on it to see if it was an overheating problem but seems not... I knew the bulb needed replacing and they advise the ballast at the same time which I've done - shame as it's a fab dlptv and is MASSIVE! If anybody can fix it I'll pay them!
Posted By: Clive Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 24th Jul 2011 10:47am
Access service menu by, put the tv in to standby and then press

info then menu then mute then power one after each other see if you can do anything in there, but be carefull what you change.
Posted By: missj Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 24th Jul 2011 11:00am
Thanks Winter, I'll try that, if not I'll repost on the techno section on Wiki... there just might be someone who's had a similar problem!
Posted By: Clive Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 24th Jul 2011 11:13am
http://www.fixya.com/search/p620165-samsung_sp50l7h_50_in_hdtv_ready_televis/samsung_sp50l7h

click on top one where it says 2 soloutions
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 24th Jul 2011 12:28pm
Kick arse! I too have one of these tvs, to play smile
Posted By: Digital_twiddler Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 26th Jul 2011 10:43pm
Try These:-

http://www.ohmsupplies.co.uk/ (Liverpool)
http://ftvp.co.uk/
http://tellyfix.co.uk/ (Based on the Wirral)

Hope these help...
Posted By: Clive Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 29th Jul 2011 12:59pm
Query about tv, come on you tech's.
I think i found problem on my tv, in the pic i have marked the capicotors in yellow, when tv is plugged in, if i touch top of capicitor and touch metal frame on tv also marked in yellow, i get a very unplesent shock, how ever if i do the same on right side of the tv it does not happen, now am no expert but i should not get a shock should i, if not then the fault has got to be an earth short, am i right?

Attached picture Photo0071.jpg
Attached picture Photo0069.jpg
Attached picture Photo0070.jpg
Posted By: paranoidballoon Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 29th Jul 2011 1:08pm
DON'T DO IT as far as I know you can get a lethal shock from a TV even when it is not plugged in. It holds a lethal charge and a repair man would run it to ground before he touched it.(degause)
Posted By: Clive Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 29th Jul 2011 1:27pm
Too late, but i only get a shock on left side of tv not right
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 29th Jul 2011 1:31pm
Originally Posted by paranoidballoon
DON'T DO IT as far as I know you can get a lethal shock from a TV even when it is not plugged in. It holds a lethal charge and a repair man would run it to ground before he touched it.(degause)

Degaussing is removing a magnetic field (applies to crt not plasma/lcd) - I think you meant discharge.

Posted By: paranoidballoon Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 29th Jul 2011 1:54pm
You will know what a EHT is then
The EHT voltages are almost 30,000 volts and they are dangerous
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 29th Jul 2011 2:01pm
But this is a Plasma display, the voltage is more like 250V, EHT of 30KV is only on CRT displays.

With CRT displays you also have to be careful of x-rays which are given off when you have potentials of greater than 10KV iirc
Posted By: Clive Re: Any one do TV Repairs - 29th Jul 2011 2:49pm
I give up now with this tv, its beat me, I will put it on ebay starting price 99p, who knows I may get 99p for it lol
© Wirral-Wikiwirral