Forums
Posted By: lau2908 aerial for freeview - 11th Jun 2011 2:52pm
as above after one of these, possibly someone to fit one too
Posted By: MattLFC Re: aerial for freeview - 11th Jun 2011 3:39pm
Indoor or outdooe?
Posted By: lau2908 Re: aerial for freeview - 11th Jun 2011 4:00pm
outdoor ideally unless its a really good indoor one
Posted By: MattLFC Re: aerial for freeview - 11th Jun 2011 4:12pm
Click here for a topic previous, though its an internal aerial, it out-performs most outdoor aerials, and I've recommended it to many peeps over the years, and never had anyone say it did'nt meet their needs. It was rater top, by a good margin, in the Ricability indoor-aerial tests they performed for Digital TV UK, scoring 96% overall (funnily enough, the un-amplified version was the second best, with 88%).

If it does you, it will be far far cheaper than an outdoor aerial and installation. If not, send it back and go for an outdoor one.

smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: aerial for freeview - 11th Jun 2011 4:38pm
I am not too keen on indoor aerials I am located in a weak signal area - hence why I keep picking up Wales stations such as BBC1Wales etc instead of England!
Posted By: poodlepup Re: aerial for freeview - 11th Jun 2011 4:42pm
The one that Matt recommends is brilliant,much better than my outdoor aerial!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: aerial for freeview - 11th Jun 2011 4:52pm
Originally Posted by poodlepup
The one that Matt recommends is brilliant,much better than my outdoor aerial!

I rather take recommendations from people who do know what they are talking about, which of course Matt does, so I may look into it as my outdoor aerials keeps picking up Wales.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: aerial for freeview - 11th Jun 2011 5:04pm
Agree Paul,i have had three aerials put up outdoors,all have gone wrong when it rains or when its windy,but with the indoor one i pick up more stations and no picture break up.

Best of all it was under £20 delivered!
Posted By: lau2908 Re: aerial for freeview - 11th Jun 2011 5:28pm
ok will buy one of them then matt smile thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction
Posted By: MattLFC Re: aerial for freeview - 17th Jun 2011 11:38am
Incase you have not yet bought it online, I saw in Asda a few days ago, that they are selling these for £17 - ideal if you need an aerial, but not sure if this will do the biz for you - if not, less hassle to take it back and get a refund.

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral